• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Live Streaming TV Apps

Chizz

What?s up guys? I cancelled my cable because we really don?t use it at all and I keep hearing about apps like Sling TV, Direct TV now, FuboTV etc.

My question to you guysis is there an app that gives you everything? Sling TV gives me everything I need except for MSG and SNY, FuboTV gives me all the sports I could possibly want, but no kids channels like Disney, Nickelodeon, boomerang, free form etc.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate them.

What?s up guys? I cancelled my cable because we really don?t use it at all and I keep hearing about apps like Sling TV, Direct TV now, FuboTV etc.

My question to you guy is is there an app that gives you everything? Sling TV gives me everything I need except for MSG and SNY, FuboTV gives me all the sports I could possibly a want but no kids channels like Disney, Nickelodeon, boomerang, free form etc.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate them.

CHIZZ!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Use the search, newb

There should be a kodi thread somewhere.

Reddit-it if you are desperate for a single event.

I?m not looking for a website of some sort to watch on my computer though. I?m looking for an easy to use app to use on the smart tv. That?s different right? I don?t know a think about streaming lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not looking for a website of some sort to watch on my computer though. I’m looking for an easy to use app to use on the smart tv. That’s different right? I don’t know a think about streaming lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An app your willing to pay for?

You won't find an app with everything - even less so than any cable option.

Its something you'll have to get a few apps for, and probably pay ~$10 a month for anything thats consistently reliable.

Sports apps/streams are the hardest to find, via apps, IMO.

Kids - throw on Netflix

I've never used Sling, but I hear its a step up from ... drawing a blank, but, the other streaming app I stopped using after the first month.

Cable companies make so much money... they will go down fighting. They won't let apps, streams, feeds, etc stop them from making their money. You won't find something thats consistently good, affordable, and gives you everything you need. Even a combo of apps will be costing you $50/mo and you still won't have everything you want.

Do you have an apartment? Have you tried plugging a cable wire from your TV to the wall to see if you get basic cable (for free)? Most cable companies never wasted time removing/canceling basic cable from buildings. Even some houses.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm looking into getting rid of cable Hulu live seems to have all my channels, but living in Western N.Y. nhl game center blacks out rangers games is there any other solutions for me watching games on the tv?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've heard that DirectTVNow just started carrying MSG on their second tier package or better ($50/month or more, depending on package).

I've heard that DirectTVNow just started carrying MSG on their second tier package or better ($50/month or more, depending on package).

Doesn't matter, MSG doesn't carry the Rangers in certain parts of Rochester - or at least they were last year when I had DirecTV.

I'm looking into getting rid of cable Hulu live seems to have all my channels, but living in Western N.Y. nhl game center blacks out rangers games is there any other solutions for me watching games on the tv?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

firestick or reddit links.

I used to spend a ton on sports package, center ice package, NHL package, etc for every season, and there would still be 10-20 games that you still cant get, no matter what.

firestick or reddit links.

I used to spend a ton on sports package, center ice package, NHL package, etc for every season, and there would still be 10-20 games that you still cant get, no matter what.

Yep, same. It was extremely frustrating because I was spending over $100/year and since I was a fan of the Rangers, whenever they were on national TV (~20 games/year) or playing the Capitals (6 games/year).

Not to mention the the playoffs were all blacked out.

So I said fuck it and started using other sources. I'll gladly give them my money if they want to give me all the games though.

If I was a fan of like... the Coyotes and I was living Wyoming, then it would make complete sense because no games would be blacked out. But then I would be a fan of the Coyotes.

Archived