Thread: Marek Mazanec on Waivers; to Sign with Rangers

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Marek Mazanec on Waivers; to Sign with Rangers

According to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman, the New York Rangers have placed G Marek Mazanec on waivers with the intent to sign him.

@FriedgeHNIC: NYR have Marek Mazanec on waivers, which means he is signing with them and likely going to AHL

Mazanec, last under contract with the Nashville Predators, terminated his deal this summer to pursue an opportunity in the KHL with HC Slovan Bratislava.

Read more

//reported Junior Division
    I thought this said Mrazek and was confused until I clicked the CFC link. hahaha.

Where can I read more about how waivers work? I get it when the player is already on the NHL club and then gets sent to the AHL. But that's now what's happening in this scenario, right?
    He terminated his KHL contract; why isn't he a free agent and why do the Rangers have him on waivers? Maybe I just don't understand how the term waivers is being used here.
    LGR!

Senior Member Junior Division
    I don't really know much about this guy but could this mean anything for Pavelic who's been shaky at best?
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't really know much about this guy but could this mean anything for Pavelic who's been shaky at best?
    I kind of doubt it. Mazanec has been poor in the KHL and poor in the NHL. The only thing I can think if is that they're taking a flyer on him and hoping that a year under Allaire can help him turn into a backup. Kind of like what they tried with Hellburg.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I thought this said Mrazek and was confused until I clicked the CFC link. hahaha.

Where can I read more about how waivers work? I get it when the player is already on the NHL club and then gets sent to the AHL. But that's now what's happening in this scenario, right?
    He terminated his KHL contract; why isn't he a free agent and why do the Rangers have him on waivers? Maybe I just don't understand how the term waivers is being used here.
    All players that played overseas, during the current nhl season, are subject to waivers upon re-entry to the NHL.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    AHA! The missing piece to a championship.