Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [RS] (#27) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins // Oh look, another backup goalie...

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Rebuild what? Why? With whom? The last Capt. the NYR moved is alive and well in Tampa and is contributing mightily to their current success.

Terrific road win with the much maligned Ondrej Pavelec in goal. Pitts with 44 SOG. Way to go team.
    Youíre comparing Callahan to McDonagh? You continue to show why youíre...nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    At a loss why Staal is out there so much in big spots, but he was all over Crosby at the end.
    Who else would you rather have out there? The rest of the defense isnít all that great.

Member Mite Division Ytown Ranger's Avatar
    ...living where I do, it never gets old getting over to Pittsburgh to see the Rangers beat the Pens !

LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    feel fortunate to eke out the win, pens scary when pushing for the tying goal
    They are scary whenever they decide to turn up the pressure. Iíll take the 2 points

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division thes5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    The whole premise of moving McDonagh is for a rebuild.
    This team is not rebuilding.

[RS] (#27) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins // Oh look, another backup goalie...

Quote Originally Posted by thes5 View Post
    Thatís not the point. Some feel they should and trading McD is where you start.

Good effort last night! Pavelec looked pretty good to me! He was in position and what's more is that I watched his lateral movement and he was pretty spot on from the replays I saw. I'm no goalie but I know enough to say he was pretty sharp last night.

On the other side of the coin, it actually looked like we had a plan out there last night....Instead of "we're gonna just "roll 4 lines". I hate when he says that crap! It's like he's saying, "I have no idea of how to match lines, so I'll just play everyone and hope we win!"

Was Jan Erixon on Sid all night because he was a virtual "non-factor"? =)

Either way, it's a solid road win and those are hard to come by in Pittsburgh! Let's keep it rolling!

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thes5 View Post
    That idea is beyond inane.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    You’re comparing Callahan to McDonagh? You continue to show why you’re...nevermind.
    Comparing who to whom? Hardly. Both " Capts. " are alive and well albeit in two different locales. Great game last nite, wasn't it? Annnndd; " The Capt. " contributed in a huge way. #27 that is.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I thought Pavelec was pretty scary. I understand his role and it's not easy to come in on that length of hiatus that he did so kudos for that, but it's pretty clear he's not exactly fostering much trust in either the HC or Management. Getting that goalie from the KHL was an obvious insurance policy.

He was straight up beat 7 or 8 times last night, PLUS two shots that luckily hit him square on as he had zero idea where it was coming from (One off mask that he had no idea was even coming until it hit him, and another glove save here he didn't even react that caused a big pop-up rebound).

Anyways, I'm rooting for him as I do all back-up goalies, maybe if he could get more work in he'd look more comfortable but that scenario isn't ideal either. I think they're trying to upgrade this summer, if they don't just go and buy out Shestyorkin.

Moderator Junior Division
    Pavelec looked OK when he was square, but his movement was really poor. Took him a long time to get anywhere. That's a really bad sign on a team that basically allows opponents to pass the puck wherever they want in the offensive zone lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    We're all pundits!

Is there any truth to the rumor that the NHL is reviewing the game last night for supplemental discipline for theft of two points? Makes up for the points stolen from us against FLA last week. As for Pavelec, expecting to pull a rabbit out of a hat on backup goalies three times in a row was expecting one too many. At an opportune moment in the schedule, I think sending Pavelec to play three straight games in Hartford would not be a bad idea. Sure would love to have Raanta now, even if it were assured that we would be losing him at the end of the year.

Senior Member Midget Division
    A W is a W. on the road too, against that team. take it and move on.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Is there any truth to the rumor that the NHL is reviewing the game last night for supplemental discipline for theft of two points? Makes up for the points stolen from us against FLA last week. As for Pavelec, expecting to pull a rabbit out of a hat on backup goalies three times in a row was expecting one too many. At an opportune moment in the schedule, I think sending Pavelec to play three straight games in Hartford would not be a bad idea. Sure would love to have Raanta now, even if it were assured that we would be losing him at the end of the year.
    Stealing two points is a little misleading. The game was pretty even until the Pens really pushed at the end to try to tie it. That's how a lot of games in this league go.

It wasn't pretty, but it's not as if the Rangers should have lost.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345