Thread: Quick Hits: Things Are Looking Up for Rangers

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Quick Hits: Things Are Looking Up for Rangers

Trending Up

7-3-0 in their last ten games, the Rangers have dramatically improved from their nearly season-crashing poor start. They have 35 goals for and a plus-11 goal differential in that span. There’s still work to do, but through 26 games this season, if we’ve learned nothing else we know that there’s no game scenario they can’t compete in.

Shooting Gallery

Three goals on six shots—including a dagger given up to nine-games-a-Ranger Micheal Haley—was all it took to earn Lundqvist an embarrassing yank in the first period against the Panthers on Tuesday night. No doubt, it was an off night for The King. If John Tortorella were still coaching, perhaps there’d even have been some scurrilous talk of the “50-percent rule”? On that night, a spade was definitely a spade.

A Bump for Buch?

Is anyone else just a bit perplexed by the ice time Pavel Buchnevich—four points in his last five games, and eight in his last ten—is averaging of late? In his last ten games, he’s yet to play more than 18 minutes in a single game. Inarguably one of the team’s top scoring forwards this season, he’s averaged just 14:14 over the same span. At some point that has to increase given how important his line with team-leading scorer Mika Zibanejad and third-highest goal-scorer Chris Kreider is, no?

Other topics in this week’s Quick Hits: the overwhelming support for Brian Boyle through Hockey Fights Cancer month, Derek Dorsett’s sudden retirement, Peter Holland, Todd McLellan and the Edmonton media, and more.

Read more

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Nice read - Iíll have to check in with CFC more often. FYI...The above link didnít render well on my iPhone.

Great job!

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Nice read - I’ll have to check in with CFC more often. FYI...The above link didn’t render well on my iPhone.
    It's a really great source for info that is basically constant and has a super fast turnaround.
    LGR!

Soft Dump represent!

Good read.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Thanks, everyone.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think youí'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Nice read - Iíll have to check in with CFC more often. FYI...The above link didnít render well on my iPhone.
    i've been saying this on their facebook.....
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    We're aware. Working on it.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think youí'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh Skjit! View Post
    Good read.
    Omfg that screen name