Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slats Vindicated: Callahan Four Years On

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He has 6 points in 26 games...

Other than one decent season, he's been a complete disaster in Tampa.
    And your article, stating TB won the trade, was written the offseason following that season. Since then, in 117 games, he has 13 goals and 25 assists. Making $13m during those 3 seasons.
    I know when the article was written. You missed the point again.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    What are you talking about?
    The NYR would do well to have a guy like Callahan on this roster. Oops. My bad. He's just another 4th liner making way too much money.
    I took this as you would want to have Callahan on this roster? The last part sounded like sarcasm from you, but thats the truth. So if you ment that, we're on the same page.

EDIT: It looks like everyone "misses your point". Couldn't you elaborate a little?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    His point is he'd rather have Callahan, Dubinsky, Ryan Holloweg, Jed Ortmeyer, and Tanner Glass in the lineup than win games.

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    I took this as you would want to have Callahan on this roster? The last part sounded like sarcasm from you, but thats the truth. So if you ment that, we're on the same page.

EDIT: It looks like everyone "misses your point". Couldn't you elaborate a little?
    Trolls don’t elaborate, they just try to stir

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Why do you guys keep wasting your time with this person?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Why do you guys keep wasting your time with this person?
    Callahan, Sather, trolls, grit, hustling
    Its like a coke fueled orgy.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    MSL is gone; Callahan is still playing for Tampa, & contributing to their success. Maybe not on the score sheet but in the intangible dept. Heart & soul Capt. was unceremoniously sent packing for a guy that was moaning about the way he was treated by the Tampa GM. Yeah. The NYR scored big on that deal. Oh. not to mention the 2 high draft choices that many fans covet. Another fleece job ala Nick Ra$h.
    trolling along

on tampa bay

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Guys lets stop the "troll" talk. You obviously disagree on this and that's fine, but I haven't seen any trolling. Keep in mind that LONG TIME FAN is the only person in this thread with a particular viewpoint on this and the rest of you have an opposing view. Don't let that turn into a mob mentality. Debate the points, not the posters.

Thanks.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    What are you talking about?
    You missed the point.
    Oops. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Guys lets stop the "troll" talk. You obviously disagree on this and that's fine, but I haven't seen any trolling. Keep in mind that LONG TIME FAN is the only person in this thread with a particular viewpoint on this and the rest of you have an opposing view. Don't let that turn into a mob mentality. Debate the points, not the posters.

Thanks.
    Thank you.

Idk if I'd say very interesting articles and tidbits.

That's exactly what they are.

To each his own

That's exactly what they are.
    What makes them interesting? Can you explain or elaborate on the specific points in the articles with which you agree?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    just an out of date mentality of blaming Sather, hence the "unceremoniously sending off the captain" and constantly complaining about Nash's salary... as if the 2 roster moves were somehow related to one another.

If this was 2009 Callahan, making Jesper Fast money, I think we are all on board to have Callahan on this team.
    6-pt, $6m, that can barely skate and is physically falling apart is completely different

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    What makes them interesting? Can you explain or elaborate on the specific points in the articles with which you agree?
    There aren't enough hours in the day to elaborate on each point. More important things in life to attend to. For instance; I'm preparing to hunker down with my sweetie and watch the NYR compete against the Caps and hopefully come out on top. Without the urge or need to constantly type away during the game. Enjoy said game. GO NYR!
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 12-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.

just an out of date mentality of blaming Sather, hence the "unceremoniously sending off the captain" and constantly complaining about Nash's salary... as if the 2 roster moves were somehow related to one another.

If this was 2009 Callahan, making Jesper Fast money, I think we are all on board to have Callahan on this team.
    6-pt, $6m, that can barely skate and is physically falling apart is completely different
    Never "blamed" Sather. Said he wouldn't give Capt. Cally a NTC. Don't have a clue as to why you constantly pester me with these posts, as amusing as they are.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    kinda hard to say callahan was a victim in this scenario.

There aren't enough hours in the day to elaborate on each point. More important things in life to attend to. For instance; I'm preparing to hunker down with my sweetie and watch the NYR compete against the Caps and hopefully come out on top. Without the urge or need to constantly type away during the game. Enjoy said game. GO NYR!
    I'm honestly perplexed (and annoyed) every time you type Rich Na$h or Tricky Rick or whatever cutesy name you come up with. It makes no sense to me. You pat Callahan on the back for leadership and hustle yet ignore the fact that Nash brings those same things to the Rangers, plus still scores 20 goals a year. I was trying to have an actual discussion with you.

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar

I’d be all for that version of Callahan. As for Nash, I get the hate some have for him, even the troll, but comparing him to Callahan of now is extremely laughable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123