Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: Slats Vindicated: Callahan Four Years On

  1. #41
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,106
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He has 6 points in 26 games...

    Other than one decent season, he's been a complete disaster in Tampa.
    And your article, stating TB won the trade, was written the offseason following that season. Since then, in 117 games, he has 13 goals and 25 assists. Making $13m during those 3 seasons.
    I know when the article was written. You missed the point again.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    The NYR would do well to have a guy like Callahan on this roster. Oops. My bad. He's just another 4th liner making way too much money.
    I took this as you would want to have Callahan on this roster? The last part sounded like sarcasm from you, but thats the truth. So if you ment that, we're on the same page.

    EDIT: It looks like everyone "misses your point". Couldn't you elaborate a little?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    30
    His point is he'd rather have Callahan, Dubinsky, Ryan Holloweg, Jed Ortmeyer, and Tanner Glass in the lineup than win games.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    I took this as you would want to have Callahan on this roster? The last part sounded like sarcasm from you, but thats the truth. So if you ment that, we're on the same page.

    EDIT: It looks like everyone "misses your point". Couldn't you elaborate a little?
    Trolls don’t elaborate, they just try to stir

  5. #45
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,131
    Rep Power
    29
    Why do you guys keep wasting your time with this person?

  6. #46
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,057
    Rep Power
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Why do you guys keep wasting your time with this person?
    Callahan, Sather, trolls, grit, hustling
    Its like a coke fueled orgy.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,371
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    MSL is gone; Callahan is still playing for Tampa, & contributing to their success. Maybe not on the score sheet but in the intangible dept. Heart & soul Capt. was unceremoniously sent packing for a guy that was moaning about the way he was treated by the Tampa GM. Yeah. The NYR scored big on that deal. Oh. not to mention the 2 high draft choices that many fans covet. Another fleece job ala Nick Ra$h.
    trolling along

    on tampa bay

  8. #48
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Rep Power
    328
    Guys lets stop the "troll" talk. You obviously disagree on this and that's fine, but I haven't seen any trolling. Keep in mind that LONG TIME FAN is the only person in this thread with a particular viewpoint on this and the rest of you have an opposing view. Don't let that turn into a mob mentality. Debate the points, not the posters.

    Thanks.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

  9. #49
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,057
    Rep Power
    188
    What are you talking about?
    You missed the point.
    Oops. My bad.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,106
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Guys lets stop the "troll" talk. You obviously disagree on this and that's fine, but I haven't seen any trolling. Keep in mind that LONG TIME FAN is the only person in this thread with a particular viewpoint on this and the rest of you have an opposing view. Don't let that turn into a mob mentality. Debate the points, not the posters.

    Thanks.
    Thank you.

  11. #51
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,131
    Rep Power
    29
    Idk if I'd say very interesting articles and tidbits.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,106
    Rep Power
    7
    That's exactly what they are.

  13. #53
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,131
    Rep Power
    29
    To each his own

  14. #54
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    That's exactly what they are.
    What makes them interesting? Can you explain or elaborate on the specific points in the articles with which you agree?

  15. #55
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,057
    Rep Power
    188
    just an out of date mentality of blaming Sather, hence the "unceremoniously sending off the captain" and constantly complaining about Nash's salary... as if the 2 roster moves were somehow related to one another.

    If this was 2009 Callahan, making Jesper Fast money, I think we are all on board to have Callahan on this team.
    6-pt, $6m, that can barely skate and is physically falling apart is completely different

  16. #56
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,106
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    What makes them interesting? Can you explain or elaborate on the specific points in the articles with which you agree?
    There aren't enough hours in the day to elaborate on each point. More important things in life to attend to. For instance; I'm preparing to hunker down with my sweetie and watch the NYR compete against the Caps and hopefully come out on top. Without the urge or need to constantly type away during the game. Enjoy said game. GO NYR!
    Last edited by LONG TIME FAN; 12-08-2017 at 05:29 PM.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    1,106
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    just an out of date mentality of blaming Sather, hence the "unceremoniously sending off the captain" and constantly complaining about Nash's salary... as if the 2 roster moves were somehow related to one another.

    If this was 2009 Callahan, making Jesper Fast money, I think we are all on board to have Callahan on this team.
    6-pt, $6m, that can barely skate and is physically falling apart is completely different
    Never "blamed" Sather. Said he wouldn't give Capt. Cally a NTC. Don't have a clue as to why you constantly pester me with these posts, as amusing as they are.

  18. #58
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,057
    Rep Power
    188
    kinda hard to say callahan was a victim in this scenario.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    There aren't enough hours in the day to elaborate on each point. More important things in life to attend to. For instance; I'm preparing to hunker down with my sweetie and watch the NYR compete against the Caps and hopefully come out on top. Without the urge or need to constantly type away during the game. Enjoy said game. GO NYR!
    I'm honestly perplexed (and annoyed) every time you type Rich Na$h or Tricky Rick or whatever cutesy name you come up with. It makes no sense to me. You pat Callahan on the back for leadership and hustle yet ignore the fact that Nash brings those same things to the Rangers, plus still scores 20 goals a year. I was trying to have an actual discussion with you.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    just an out of date mentality of blaming Sather, hence the "unceremoniously sending off the captain" and constantly complaining about Nash's salary... as if the 2 roster moves were somehow related to one another.

    If this was 2009 Callahan, making Jesper Fast money, I think we are all on board to have Callahan on this team.
    6-pt, $6m, that can barely skate and is physically falling apart is completely different
    I’d be all for that version of Callahan. As for Nash, I get the hate some have for him, even the troll, but comparing him to Callahan of now is extremely laughable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •