Thread: Rangers Trade F Adam Cracknell to Montreal for F Peter Holland

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect

Rangers Trade F Adam Cracknell to Montreal for F Peter Holland

According to Zipay on the Twitter machine.

I like it. Holland serves two purposes, he helps Hartford out immediately and is good cover for our C's.

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Good because he will be covering for Zibs while he’s out with a concussion.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Got something for nothing.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    According to Zipay on the Twitter machine.

I like it. Holland serves two purposes, he helps Hartford out immediately and is good cover for our C's.
    Agreed. Pretty solid 4C option in a pinch. Quality AHL player in the interim.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Long list of scrubs in this organization right now, ouch.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Junior Division
    Next year his two way contract switches to one way. I'm sure he makes peanuts anyway, but does this affect anything?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    No. One-way versus two-way deals only with salary. A one-way deal has one price regardless of if the player is in the NHL or AHL. A two-way deal means his AHL salary is less.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Prior to the trade Holland had 18 points in 20 games for Laval Rocket (Montreal’s AHL affiliate). In his NHL career he has 81 points in 243 regular season games, most of which have been played with the Ducks and Leafs.
    Holland was the Ducks first round pick (15th overall) in 2009. He’s under contract through the 2018-19 season at a cap hit of $675,000. Cracknell carries the same cap hit, but is six years older than Holland and has a contract that expires this July.
    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017...real-canadiens
    Odd ... I wouldn't have thought you would give up on a young-ish player like that for Cracknell.

At surface level this deal appears to be a small win for the Rangers. Holland is younger, has a much higher offensive ceiling and has a chance to plug into the fourth line of the big club and provide the Rangers with some much-needed center depth.
    In his two 60+ game seasons in Toronto he scored .40 ppg which would project to 32 points in a full season -- not sure how he is defensively though. Hasn't been on the best teams, exactly.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 11-30-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I think there's more here than people think. Not that he's going to light it up or anything but I've always felt Holland was an NHL'er, I think he belongs in the league, but we'll see.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    He's like a shittier forward version of Nick Holden.
    Not really great at anything, plays kinda small, makes dumb plays, can play any role/spot, but just so plain and blah.

In reality, he will come up, put up 2 points in his first 2-3 games, Rangers fans will love him... then he wont do shit for 3 months and get waived.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    So if I read this correctly, this might not be the move that should be the impetus for saving money to travel to the NHL Finals?