Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: [RS] (#25) Rangers vs. Florida Panthers // The Ghosts of John Vanbiesbrouck

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    How many goals against were Smith and Holden on the ice for?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The State of NHL D-Men reminds me of MLB starting pitching. The demand so outstrips the supply that even if you're a consistent fuck up, your entire career, like Smith, just show a little flash here or a good 5 game streak there and you're going to get paid.
    I mean, he had more than that, but he did earn a contract on a relatively short stint of like 20 games post-deadline. I'll give you that.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    How many goals against were Smith and Holden on the ice for?
    Not sure, but hearing their names on the ice in the final 2 minutes made me worry and rightfully so.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thought the Rangers played a good game. Even in the first period. Definitely some bad play on the 4th and 5th goal, but i think Florida had 4 chances that whole game, and scored 5 goals. I'm not counting that PP goal. That was total crap.

I don't even think their start was that bad. The didn't have great passes, but they out chanced Florida. I think this was a lot of "one of those nights". EVERY mistake was in the net.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Only the fuckin Rangers make comebacks to lose. Smith and Holden should seriously go fuck themselves.
    My thoughts exactly.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    The Rangers lost their third game in the last thirteen and their first in the last 9 at MSG.

Here come the "FIRE EVERYBODY" chants up from the crowd

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Nah, it's just that our 5th and 6th D-Men are awful, but that really goes for every team in the league.

Moderator Junior Division
    This was a night of bad bounces.

Holden fucked up, but this game could have easily been something like 6-1 Rangers.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division thes5's Avatar
    Bright spot was coming back from down 3-0 with some of the forwards looking very good. I know Hayes gets a lot of grief, but the guy is talented. I think its one of those things where seeing him so often reveals his weaknesses, but when you look around the league, many of the leagues darlings have glaring faults as well.

Also, Hank really needed the night off. He played on his heels.

Holden is a fucking dumpster fire. Not just on the last goal, but in just about all defensive situations. Smith needs to clean up his game a bit, but at least the guy has some flashes. Appreciate McDonagh as the #1 that he is.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by thes5 View Post
    Bright spot was coming back from down 3-0 with some of the forwards looking very good. I know Hayes gets a lot of grief, but the guy is talented. I think its one of those things where seeing him so often reveals his weaknesses, but when you look around the league, many of the leagues darlings have glaring faults as well.

Also, Hank really needed the night off. He played on his heels.

Holden is a fucking dumpster fire. Not just on the last goal, but in just about all defensive situations. Smith needs to clean up his game a bit, but at least the guy has some flashes. Appreciate McDonagh as the #1 that he is.
    Hayes was all over the ice and if it weren't for Kreider and Buchnevich potting goals, I think Hayes was easily our best forward.
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Any updates or news or insider info on Zib?

Just checked Twitter and didn't see anything.
    LGR!

I loved Hayes taking it to the net! Yeah it was disallowed because of a bullshit, terrible call....but it was a great play. I wish he would do that way more often.

Kreider and Buch are pretty damn good together. Desharnais looks like a good fit for those 2 as well. They were pretty awesome last night. I love when Kreider plays with that kind of emotion; he's a beast!!

Holden and Smith should never be paired together ever again. They were both terrible last night. Holden had more give-aways/turnovers than I could count! Smith had some bad ones as well. That 4th goal was unreal...the guy is just standing there banging away at it and finally drives it through Pavelec. Can someone knock him on his ass please?

Our defense other than those 2 wasn't as bad. I think Holden and Smith were (-3) or (-4) last night. That's just terrible!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Well, Holden and Smith are the top pair, they will draw top assignments and will be on the ice in the last minutes of the game. And probably will be even when McDonagh comes back - we dont have options.
    They had some bad bounces go against them, and when they made a bad play, it was magnified through additional bad plays. Goals against were double deflected, screened 1-timer, deflected in front, and bad turnovers/bad play.

Its easily correctable shit. I wouldnt think too much into it... yet.

A few weeks ago I would have been very surprised to learn that Smith and Holden would be a unit and on the ice with a minute left in a tie game. That said, although the deciding play was started on a Holden turnover, if Smith had not gotten injured blocking the resulting shot, he would have been able to stop the second shot from ever being made. There's some bad luck there. Actually, before this game I had been pleased with Holden of late.

Occasionally you lose one where you dominate. We've been wondering how many starts in a row for Hank is one too many. Now we know.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    A few weeks ago I would have been very surprised to learn that Smith and Holden would be a unit and on the ice with a minute left in a tie game. That said, although the deciding play was started on a Holden turnover, if Smith had not gotten injured blocking the resulting shot, he would have been able to stop the second shot from ever being made. There's some bad luck there. Actually, before this game I had been pleased with Holden of late.

Occasionally you lose one where you dominate. We've been wondering how many starts in a row for Hank is one too many. Now we know.
    What do the deflected goals the Panthers scored have to do with how many games Hank had started? If he hadn't started as many in a row he would've stopped that double deflected first shot?

I'm watching TB and Boston tonight and now i'm REALLY PO'd with that disallowed goal by the Rangers. Marchand gets bumped into Vasilevsky. Goal gets scored RIGHT at that time. Goal is immediately waved off.

Boston challenges, and call on ice IS OVERTURNED...GOAL ALLOWED....WHAT?!!! it's been 1 friggin day since the exact same thing happened to the Rangers...and the call on the ice was upheld? What??? If the goal is FOR the Rangers, disallow it.. If its AGAINST the Rangers, allow it?

It was the SAME EXACT PLAY...look at it, i'm telling you.

Just saw it myself. The lack of consistency with these calls is annoying as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    The King faces no shots; Nick Ra$h gets a double hat trick; The NYR beat Fla. 6-0.
    Correction: The King has a hat trick in the first - 3 GA - Nick Ra$h gets shutout. Rangers lose a heartbreaker due to the usual 1st period blahs.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678