• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thanksgiving Parade

paddynyc

The only parades I care to see involve Rangers, Yankees, and Giants championships. The rest are a boring waste of my time. My opinion doesn't matter though, as long as you enjoy it right? To each his own.

I'm a Jets, Mets and Rangers fans and I need to see some kind of parade and its been to long.

If your planning to watch on TV ...watch the CBS version where the cameras are uptown and it is covered as a parade.

The NBC coverage is at 34th ST and the whole thing is essentially turned into the Ed Sullivan Show with the parade brought to a halt so each celeb can lipsynch a number promoting some upcoming NBC broadcast

With my boys now 18 & 20 I haven?t watched in several years. I?d like to attend the upper portion where it all gets going.

Coming home to Orange County, NY on the Shortline bus while a college student, I sat next to the lady who heads the parade planning for Macy?s. I?ll always recall her saying that they have about two days rest after the current parade before serious planning begins for the following year.

With my boys now 18 & 20 I haven’t watched in several years. I’d like to attend the upper portion where it all gets going.

Coming home to Orange County, NY on the Shortline bus while a college student, I sat next to the lady who heads the parade planning for Macy’s. I’ll always recall her saying that they have about two days rest after the current parade before serious planning begins for the following year.

Frank they mentioned that yesterday after the parade. I don't know why when it looks pretty much the same to me from year to year

Frank they mentioned that yesterday after the parade. I don't know why when it looks pretty much the same to me from year to year

Visually yes but there are probably a gazillion logistical details and a ton of ?contacts? with schools and vendors and such that we don?t really think about. I thought the same as you - thinking this would be on auto-pilot by now - but from running large property auctions for nearly 20-years I see how the details are still time consuming.

Archived