Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Thanksgiving Parade

  1. #1
    Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,635
    Rep Power
    17

    Thanksgiving Parade

    Does anyone watch the Thanksgiving Parade on TV ? I still like to watch even though my kid (young men) don't anymore.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  2. #2
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,538
    Rep Power
    267
    well, theres usually some barely legal lip syncer I stare at for a bit too long.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  3. #3
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    39
    The only parades I care to see involve Rangers, Yankees, and Giants championships. The rest are a boring waste of my time. My opinion doesn't matter though, as long as you enjoy it right? To each his own.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,635
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    The only parades I care to see involve Rangers, Yankees, and Giants championships. The rest are a boring waste of my time. My opinion doesn't matter though, as long as you enjoy it right? To each his own.
    I'm a Jets, Mets and Rangers fans and I need to see some kind of parade and its been to long.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  5. #5
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    I'm a Jets, Mets and Rangers fans and I need to see some kind of parade and its been to long.
    Well to be honest we're all kinda screwed regardless of who we root for lol.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    13
    If your planning to watch on TV ...watch the CBS version where the cameras are uptown and it is covered as a parade.

    The NBC coverage is at 34th ST and the whole thing is essentially turned into the Ed Sullivan Show with the parade brought to a halt so each celeb can lipsynch a number promoting some upcoming NBC broadcast

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,635
    Rep Power
    17
    I usually switch back and forth between the 2 networks and yeah the lip syncing is pretty bad.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  8. #8
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,538
    Rep Power
    267
    The NHL float and performance by wyclef was awful. The people dancing had us cracking up. Most awkward thing, ever.


    The floats were pretty bad. "Singing" was normal, marching bands were decent, balloons were nice.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    30
    With my boys now 18 & 20 I haven’t watched in several years. I’d like to attend the upper portion where it all gets going.

    Coming home to Orange County, NY on the Shortline bus while a college student, I sat next to the lady who heads the parade planning for Macy’s. I’ll always recall her saying that they have about two days rest after the current parade before serious planning begins for the following year.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,635
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    With my boys now 18 & 20 I haven’t watched in several years. I’d like to attend the upper portion where it all gets going.

    Coming home to Orange County, NY on the Shortline bus while a college student, I sat next to the lady who heads the parade planning for Macy’s. I’ll always recall her saying that they have about two days rest after the current parade before serious planning begins for the following year.
    Frank they mentioned that yesterday after the parade. I don't know why when it looks pretty much the same to me from year to year
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  11. #11
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    30

    Thanksgiving Parade

    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Frank they mentioned that yesterday after the parade. I don't know why when it looks pretty much the same to me from year to year
    Visually yes but there are probably a gazillion logistical details and a ton of ‘contacts’ with schools and vendors and such that we don’t really think about. I thought the same as you - thinking this would be on auto-pilot by now - but from running large property auctions for nearly 20-years I see how the details are still time consuming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •