Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McDonagh Out Against Hurricanes

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Good point, but he missed practice on and off for a month. It isn't a guess that he's hurt. He was ailing from something. But if the staff says he can go, I guess he can go. See the Mets for better reference on the subject. LOL.

Obviously the Rangers staff is better than that shit show. That was a joke.
    I've taken shots at the Rangers trainers in the past - way too many of these types of injuries... that turn into something bigger... then turn into something serious.

Not arguing with that.
    Just the coach-player relationship.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Tough call to sit your captain. There's a reason for everything, and we'll probably never find out what it is.
    Team is undefeated without him and actually looks like a better stronger team, save for Kamfer, who I'm not as big on as others. Not sure losing"the captain" is that big of a deal with McD as captain, or really anyone not with a HOF career.

If this team is going to do anything this year, they'll need him on board and healthy....the HEALTHY part is key of course.

On the other side of the coin, he is quite a decent bargaining chip for AFTER this season or possibly if we're sellers at the deadline. We seemingly haven't really missed him much over this short span, but that's all it really is; a few games. I'm curious to see how we fare in the coming weeks if he has to miss a multitude of weeks. I'm not against trading a player like him, as long as we get some solid, TALENTED, SIZABLE, SPEEDY youth in return....possibly a multi player return, including high draft picks for this year's draft.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Team is undefeated without him and actually looks like a better stronger team, save for Kamfer, who I'm not as big on as others. Not sure losing"the captain" is that big of a deal with McD as captain, or really anyone not with a HOF career.
    You're playing the results now, which throws all your questions out of the window and makes the discussion irrelevant. They also won 6 in a row a week before he was out of the line up.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    This is shortsighted. They look strong because Smith is playing well and Skjei/Shatty have elevated their games at 5v5. We haven't yet seen Mac in this context and a Mac/Smith Skjei/Shatty top 4 has the ceiling to be one of the best units in the league with how Skjei's been the last few weeks.

They could probably play well for a while, but, they're certainly not better without Mac. This is the same as the whole "team plays better with the backup goalie" thing. That's not a sustainable type of play.

Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    If this team is going to do anything this year, they'll need him on board and healthy....the HEALTHY part is key of course.

On the other side of the coin, he is quite a decent bargaining chip for AFTER this season or possibly if we're sellers at the deadline. We seemingly haven't really missed him much over this short span, but that's all it really is; a few games. I'm curious to see how we fare in the coming weeks if he has to miss a multitude of weeks. I'm not against trading a player like him, as long as we get some solid, TALENTED, SIZABLE, SPEEDY youth in return....possibly a multi player return, including high draft picks for this year's draft.
    How about McD as a starting package for Tavares?

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    How about McD as a starting package for Tavares?
    Hell. Fucking. No.
    I wouldn't trade for a guy who will likely go to FA unless there's a good (read: affordable) extension in place.
    LGR!

Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Not as a rental player. Have to be able to sign him to an extension as part of the trade.

Tavares is probably going to ask for a lot of coin after this season, RJ. I'd actually like to get one of those 1st rounders this year. This draft is looking pretty decent. Tavares is great, don't get me wrong, but I wanna see us go the youth route for a change. I can wait for some up and coming players to blossom. We're off to a great start with a youthful core with Skjei, Buch, Vesey and Hayes (if he would shoot the damn puck!)

...But I'd feel better passing on the big free agents this go 'round.

I'd like to see the Rangers go with the youth movement and try to pull off what the Yankees attempted to do and succeeded.

//reported Junior Division
    Tavares is probably going to ask for a lot of coin after this season, RJ. I'd actually like to get one of those 1st rounders this year. This draft is looking pretty decent. Tavares is great, don't get me wrong, but I wanna see us go the youth route for a change. I can wait for some up and coming players to blossom. We're off to a great start with a youthful core with Skjei, Buch, Vesey and Hayes (if he would shoot the damn puck!)

I'd like to see the Rangers go with the youth movement and try to pull off what the Yankees attempted to do and succeeded.
    For those of us who don't pay to watch paint dry, can you elaborate on what you mean here?
    (I grew up playing and watching baseball, I absolutely love it, but when I get an opportunity to take a jab at it, I do, cause fuck baseball)
    LGR!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Yankees have been "rebuilding" for 2 or 3 seasons (in reality, theyve just been horrible, but this the chosen adjective describing bad teams in NY). They accidentally had a good team this year, when management tried to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    You're playing the results now, which throws all your questions out of the window and makes the discussion irrelevant. They also won 6 in a row a week before he was out of the line up.
    Good point. And if you look he got a bulk of his points in that winning stretch. IDK, I think they look better right now without him. Perhaps he comes back and puts them on another level if he can play like we expect him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    This is shortsighted. They look strong because Smith is playing well and Skjei/Shatty have elevated their games at 5v5. We haven't yet seen Mac in this context and a Mac/Smith Skjei/Shatty top 4 has the ceiling to be one of the best units in the league with how Skjei's been the last few weeks.

They could probably play well for a while, but, they're certainly not better without Mac. This is the same as the whole "team plays better with the backup goalie" thing. That's not a sustainable type of play.
    Ok. Agreed.

How much younger do we want to see this team? They're relatively young already. After this season the only old players that will be Lundqvist (who is obviously not going anywhere) and Staal who may get bought out.

And Tavares just turned 27. He's not old. He's got another 5-7 years of top tier level play and production in him. Players like him rarely hit free agency. He's a cornerstone. It's not likely such an opportunity to get such a player will happen for another 5-10 years.

I don't really think the Isles are gonna just let him go to Free Agency. They'll probably deal him away, and I'm sure they would try their best to send him out of the division and/or conference...needless to say let him come to the Rangers. I would love to have a player like Tavares, I just don't think he's going to be available to the Rangers when the time comes.

...and by youth, I hope they try to somehow unload players like Staal, and Nash to make room for up and coming talent. I also believe we're stuck with Hank's deal. I'm resolved to the fact that he's a lifer here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123