Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonagh Out Against Hurricanes

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to convince a player to not play due to an injury like that? It's a mentality driven into you at a young age - you're not hurt, you're a hockey player.
    Yeah, but I'd imagine as a pro, it means more to the team to keep a player healthy and not risk the player ruining their career. This is the stuff Boogards family had been suggesting is going on. It doesn't matter what the player wants. It's both an investment and a moral choice. The player is hurt and missing practice due to it, but you scratch another guy for 8 games to prove a point.

It's fucked up.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    This is completely unrelated to Smith sitting. Let it go.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    McDonagh hasn't been the same since the original injury way back. Guy has played enormous minutes and taken a pounding.

This is completely unrelated to Smith sitting. Let it go.
    I'm not making it related to the benching. I'm making a comparison about the values of this coach.

He will play a hurt player over a struggling player and put out a worse lineup to prove a point. I don't agree with it.

Save the rah rah he's a hockey player shit. This is a players career. If the coach KNOWS the player is hurt, he should let him heal or at least give him one of those maintenance days. Come playoff time it's a different story.

I guess that's just my opinion.

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Why is it different come playoff time? Itís his career, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Why is it different come playoff time? It’s his career, right?
    Because they are playing for the ultimate goal. Not a string of bad games in October and November when the coaches job was supposedly in question.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    His injury isn't career threatening. That's the difference. He wasn't playing with a concussion or a torn acl. He has an abdominal strain, could have happened while taking a shit.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

//reported Junior Division
    Iím straining my abdomen right now on the shitter

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    LGR!

Senior Member Squirt Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    His injury isn't career threatening. That's the difference. He wasn't playing with a concussion or a torn acl. He has an abdominal strain, could have happened while taking a shit.
    That was my point, minus the shitter part although very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I’m straining my abdomen right now on the shitter

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    No wings for 3-6 weeks.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

He's missed 3 games with this "abdominal strain" and it's been lurking for a month. I'm leaning towards it not actually being this abdominal strain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    He's missed 3 games with this "abdominal strain" and it's been lurking for a month. I'm leaning towards it not actually being this abdominal strain.
    A bad strain or pull can be 6+ weeks recovery.
    Source: wife, department head nurse.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    I'm wondering if it's a sports hernia.

A bad strain or pull can be 6+ weeks recovery.
    Source: wife, department head nurse.
    LOL, I believe you, but if it's bad and he's missing practice then they finally pull the plug, isn't that a bad thing? Do you as a coach, put a hurt player in the lineup, early in the season, and bench a pretty good player at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'm wondering if it's a sports hernia.
    I guess I'm just annoyed that AVs job was supposedly on the line, and put his job ahead of his player at the start of the season. Career threatening or not.

I don't know why it annoys me, but it does. I'm sure it's common. But it makes you wonder how injured other players have been that were put in the lineup and also under performed, yet got disposed of or benched.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Come on... people would go absolutely nuts if AV pulled McDonagh from the lineup with a "nagging" injury that he played through.

I agree that players shouldnt always do this, but its in their nature to do so. And, as a coach (with his job on the line or not), the last thing you do is force your captain out of the lineup because YOU think he's hurt, even though he and the training staff says he can go. You lose the trust of the team, the lockerroom... and see if the next player with a boo-boo will come forward unless its serious or too late.

Come on... people would go absolutely nuts if AV pulled McDonagh from the lineup with a "nagging" injury that he played through.

I agree that players shouldnt always do this, but its in their nature to do so. And, as a coach (with his job on the line or not), the last thing you do is force your captain out of the lineup because YOU think he's hurt, even though he and the training staff says he can go. You lose the trust of the team, the lockerroom... and see if the next player with a boo-boo will come forward unless its serious or too late.
    Good point, but he missed practice on and off for a month. It isn't a guess that he's hurt. He was ailing from something. But if the staff says he can go, I guess he can go. See the Mets for better reference on the subject. LOL.

Obviously the Rangers staff is better than that shit show. That was a joke.
    Last edited by The Dude; 11-27-2017 at 02:40 PM.

LOL, I believe you, but if it's bad and he's missing practice then they finally pull the plug, isn't that a bad thing? Do you as a coach, put a hurt player in the lineup, early in the season, and bench a pretty good player at the same time?
    If he's one of my top guys and can't make the injury worse, yes. I would need to see him play in a game before I decide to dress him for the next one though.

My team has 7 guys hurt right now. Some can play, some can't. We also don't have the luxury of calling guys up. Well, we can, but they'd never touch the ice so it's a waste of time to go through the rostering process. Lol.
    Last edited by Mikey37; 11-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If he's one of my top guys and can't make the injury worse, yes. I would need to see him play in a game before I decide to dress him for the next one though.

My team has 7 guys hurt right now. Some can play, some can't. We also don't have the luxury of calling guys up. Well, we can, but they'd never touch the ice so it's a waste of time to go through the rostering process. Lol.
    Yeah but he was freaking terrible for most of the games he played in. McD IMO, is no longer the teams top defender. I might even think Smith may be better at this moment. He's been very average since mid last season. He had the excuse of Girardii killing him, now it's been everyone else but Nick god damn Holden.

I'm if they can sit Smith for sucking and being out of shape, they could have sat McD for sucking and being hurt.

Yeah but he was freaking terrible for most of the games he played in. McD IMO, is no longer the teams top defender. I might even think Smith may be better at this moment. He's been very average since mid last season. He had the excuse of Girardii killing him, now it's been everyone else but Nick god damn Holden.

I'm if they can sit Smith for sucking and being out of shape, they could have sat McD for sucking and being hurt.
    Tough call to sit your captain. There's a reason for everything, and we'll probably never find out what it is.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast