• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Wings' Luke Witkowski Suspended Ten Games Following Brawl with Flames

Phil

The NHL has not yet issued a ruling on the incident in last night?s Detroit Red Wings-Calgary Flames game, but Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet reports that the league will suspend Luke Witkowski for ten games. The league will also hold a hearing with Matthew Tkachuk tomorrow for his part in the brawl that involved several players on both teams.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/11/luke-witkowski-to-be-suspended-ten-games.html

?

Video of the incident is here:

The ten games is an automatic based on Rule 70.6:

Any player or goalkeeper who has been ordered to the dressing room by the officials and returns to his bench or to the ice surface for any reason before the appropriate time shall be assessed a game misconduct and shall be suspended automatically without pay for the next ten (10) regular League and/or Play-off games.

:tweet: @JSportsnet: As @RealKyper suggested, source confirms Witkowski gets 10 games for returning to ice surface in last night?s Wings/Flames fracas.

I feel for Hamonic there. Falling through the gate like that with Mantha just taking full advantage. I'm wondering if there will be some retribution to Mantha the next time these two teams play each other.

Hell no. From what it looks like Hamonic dropped em first after taking that spill. I might be wrong.

I love Tkachuk in this replay. As 28 in red is going to the bench, Tkachuk is yapping. Hahahaha, I love him.

I feel for Hamonic there. Falling through the gate like that with Mantha just taking full advantage. I'm wondering if there will be some retribution to Mantha the next time these two teams play each other.

Mantha didn't want to fight. Hamonic kept going for it. Yadda yadda yadda, the bisque

Archived