Poll: Go For it!

This poll will close on 12-17-2017 at 10:44 PM Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: When Should the Rangers "Go For It"?

List Maker BSBH Rookie

When Should the Rangers "Go For It"?

So, they are basically a .500 team. We don't have no clue what this team will do from here. Will they look like the first few games? The last few games? Something in between? Better? Worse? Who knows... but lets have some fun...

At what point do you think the Rangers should go all in for a shot to win the cup, this season?

Whatever it may be - giving up youth, giving up picks for a vet, an older player, a rental, etc. Also not getting assets for Nash, Grabner, Holden, etc. Or maybe something in between.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    They should be looking to go for it every day. They're never gonna lay down, tear it all down, trade Hank, and/or build from the bottom up. It just won't intentionally happen here. So in that mindset, they should be looking to make a move to improve this team every day until it happens. The sooner you get the key pieces you need, the better chance you have of making it all come together.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

When Should the Rangers "Go For It"?

From my observation the EAST in general is wide open. The "top tier" teams (if there truly are any?) at this time aren't too intimidating.

As for this Rangers team, who the hell knows.

Guess it's too soon to tell with regards to just about any team in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 11-15-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Agree, besides maybe Tampa, no team in the east have looked like a cup winning team. The problem however, is that Penguins almost always do this - starts out bad, makes a couple trades/roster changes and then goes on a roll towards the end. Toronto should just get better as the season moves on, Devils aswell. Ottawa just upgraded their #1C.

At the moment I cant see the Rangers win over any of the mentioned in a 7 games series. Just too many holes in the team.

Trade McD for Marner, Trade Nash at the deadline and then just do whatever they want to. Win the cup, finish as a lottery team - dont care. It makes us alot better next year, and we could also make a deal with Nash coming back at the end of the season if he wants to (for a discount obviously).

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    No panic moves needed.

It's the NHL, not WFAN where the Benigo "fans" always are screaming for trading away good players for old washups

Just checked

They are 6-0 in their last six and playing the best hockey in the NHL.

Relax

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Biggie in Chi-Town tonite. Going for 7 IAR.

Junior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    I would definitely trade Nash instead of losing him for nothing.
    With today's parity in the NHL the Rangers might have a shot this season still, even with all the holes in the team.

Moderator Junior Division
    If we're in a playoff spot and playing decent hockey at the deadline, trading Nash would be dumb. Every team, in the East especially, is massively flawed this year. Get in, and NY has just as good of a chance as anyone in this conference.

Senior Member Junior Division
    By "go for it" do you mean trade picks for expiring contracts? Because there isn't any place in the standings that I would be okay with that this year.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    By "go for it" do you mean trade picks for expiring contracts? Because there isn't any place in the standings that I would be okay with that this year.
    Go for the cup.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Agree, besides maybe Tampa, no team in the east have looked like a cup winning team. The problem however, is that Penguins almost always do this - starts out bad, makes a couple trades/roster changes and then goes on a roll towards the end. Toronto should just get better as the season moves on, Devils aswell. Ottawa just upgraded their #1C.

At the moment I cant see the Rangers win over any of the mentioned in a 7 games series. Just too many holes in the team.

Trade McD for Marner, Trade Nash at the deadline and then just do whatever they want to. Win the cup, finish as a lottery team - dont care. It makes us alot better next year, and we could also make a deal with Nash coming back at the end of the season if he wants to (for a discount obviously).
    That’s the luxury of having Crosby, suck all year and win a cup.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I'd only really go all in for a Cup run this season if the team goes on the kind of run necessary to finish at the top of the league. There is so much parity in the East beyond the top 2-3 teams that simply finishing on that next rung below won't prove enough. And they finally did some good off season work this past year to restock, I'd hate to see them blow that for trades like Staal, Yandle or St. Louis. If they are in contention, they shouldn't be sellers, but they shouldn't be buyers either. If, after that horrific start, they manage to be in contention, let those guys who got them there carry it over the finish line if they can.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Or, conversely, or multiple Eastern teams lose critical players to long-term injury. Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Junior Member Mite Division Sod16's Avatar
    I voted bottom seed (7 or 8). We've seen enough now to know that this team can be very good but that it has enough weaknesses not to be very good consistently. It's a recipe for slightly better than average results over a season and a bottom seed playoff position. There's always the chance of a playoff run in this league. A lot of 7/8 teams have made one. No one would have thought Ottawa would have made it to double overtime in the seventh game of the conference finals against the defending Stanley Cup champions, and no one thinks they will this year.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    I'd only really go all in for a Cup run this season if the team goes on the kind of run necessary to finish at the top of the league. There is so much parity in the East beyond the top 2-3 teams that simply finishing on that next rung below won't prove enough. And they finally did some good off season work this past year to restock, I'd hate to see them blow that for trades like Staal, Yandle or St. Louis. If they are in contention, they shouldn't be sellers, but they shouldn't be buyers either. If, after that horrific start, they manage to be in contention, let those guys who got them there carry it over the finish line if they can.
    Dave, I'm either reading this wrong or you're more confused than Bruce Jenner entering a restroom. If there's so much parity, then why not go for it? Why wait to see what place they'll possibly end up in? If everyone in the picture now are still playing the same way, then anything can happen. Also, we could be looking at 4-5 different teams ending up in 4-5 different playoff positions come deadline day.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting