• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Fringe ex-NHL Players Would Kill it in Today's Game?

Phil

I'll start. Erik Christensen.

He wasn't lightning quick, but given favorable zone starts, he'd probably be an ideal third-line center. Cheap, too.

EC is considered old? I'd say anyone fringe from 90's or earlier would have no shot of being successful today.

Sjostrom would be even worse. The league's gotten faster... he hasn't gotten more skillful. It's the smaller, skillful guys that would stand a better chance. 1-dimensional guys like Christensen and Sjostrom would still be bottom line/tweeners

I'm gonna dig deeper into the bottom of the NYR castoffs barrel, but I think Enver Lisin would have had a much better time of it in today's NHL and especially with AV instead of Torturella, with whom he clashed terminally.

On the aboves, I think Quadrasaurus Sjostrom would have had a better time of it ...

... and .. although not fringe ... but established, ... Sean Avery said in that radio interview with Boomer that was linked on the boards here several weeks ago with he would have killed it in today's lol. Good old Sean, not short on modesty and he might have a point.

I'm gonna dig deeper into the bottom of the NYR castoffs barrel, but I think Enver Lisin would have had a much better time of it in today's NHL and especially with AV instead of Torturella, with whom he clashed terminally.

On the aboves, I think Quadrasaurus Sjostrom would have had a better time of it ...

... and .. although not fringe ... but established, ... Sean Avery said in that radio interview with Boomer that was linked on the boards here several weeks ago with he would have killed it in today's lol. Good old Sean, not short on modesty and he might have a point.

Not sure how. His game was not based on speed or skill. He lived as long as someone like that could and lived in the only period of time he could. Had he been in a player in the 80s someone would have beat the shit out of him. Had he been a player today, I'm not sure he would have even made it.

Archived