Thread: Dreger | Teams Appear Wary of Max-Term Contract for Evander Kane

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Dreger | Teams Appear Wary of Max-Term Contract for Evander Kane

ďBut put your general managerís caps on for just a second. What do you guys think is fair in term and in money for Evander Kane. And as much as Iím willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, he does come with some baggage. We all know that. And I think itís ancient history. I hope all of that nonsense is behind him. But when youíre establishing a value in the number of years youíre comfortable with in offering him an extension, and the money that youíre going to have to pay him to keep him out of the market of unrestricted free agency, what is that Ė is it three years, is it five years, is it more than five years.

ďAgain, the player has earned his opportunity to check in on the market. So thatís what Buffalo has got to wrestle with.Ē
    ďThis is such an unfair thing for me to say, but I say it because itís the mood, itís the feel, itís the temperature of what Iím getting from around the National Hockey League. Iím not saying that there isnít going to be another team thatís willing to give Evander Kane seven years, but if there is I havenít come across that team yet. I havenít come across it.

ďNow, weíre also in November, early November. Letís, again, give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that heís going to continue to be the player that he is right now, which is a hell of a hockey player Ė a player that every team in the NHL can use. If weíre still having this conversation based on how good he is and how well heís playing, then Iíll rescind that comment because I can guarantee you that the mood and the appetite for Evander Kane around the league will have changed. But itís in early November and teams are still very, very skeptical. Unfairly? Perhaps, but thatís the way they feel.Ē
    https://www.fanragsports.com/dreger-...-evander-kane/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think youí'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    It seems like he might have turned it around in Buffalo and I haven't seen anything where he's been in trouble.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly