Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Duchene, Brady Skjei Was Rightfully a Non-Starter

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Kevin, very reasonable assessment and points. I like Trouba, though he has struggled a bit this year and takes some game changing dumb penalties. But it is probably me who values Skjei very High. I just like him better than Trouba now and think his ceiling is higher and his contract is and will be more manageable due to certain factors.

If Brady was drafted by the Jets, he'd be getting those type of minutes. AV is too slow to trust, but at least he hasn't dragged his feet with Skjei like he has with other young guys.
    I haven't seen Trouba at all this year so I was basing it on what I saw last year. Bad penalties are generally correctable though.

As far as the 2nd part, I think Skjei's minutes in comparison to Trouba's were more because of Brady's decision to stay the extra years in college instead of anything in regards to AV. I do think that Skjei would be getting similar minutes this year if he was in Winnipeg though.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    You’re overvaluing DeAngelo, he’s a poor mans Del Zotto.
    Sell high. I don't see him panning out here. Just because of his style of play not really being something AV is capable of dealing with as a young player. If given the opportunity and a long leash, I think the kid has the goods to be a decent offensive minded D man. And I liked Delzotto, so I'm fine with that comparison, though I think DeAngelo is more of a raw talent at this stage, than Delzotto was.

Like it or not, DeAngelo is the Rangers only trading chip, along with Holden (to improve the current team, not meaning the fire sale names like Nash, Grabner, Zucc, McD and such)

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Sell high. I don't see him panning out here. Just because of his style of play not really being something AV is capable of dealing with as a young player. If given the opportunity and a long leash, I think the kid has the goods to be a decent offensive minded D man. And I liked Delzotto, so I'm fine with that comparison, though I think DeAngelo is more of a raw talent at this stage, than Delzotto was.

Like it or not, DeAngelo is the Rangers only trading chip, along with Holden (to improve the current team, not meaning the fire sale names like Nash, Grabner, Zucc, McD and such)
    He’s not that good is the point, how do make him the “centerpiece” on a deal for a number 1 center?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    He’s not that good is the point, how do make him the “centerpiece” on a deal for a number 1 center?
    Maybe centerpiece is the wrong word. How about "focal point of what the Av's we're looking for, that this team was willing to trade, along with some young quality 2nd line talent in Vesey...."

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Maybe centerpiece is the wrong word. How about "focal point of what the Av's we're looking for, that this team was willing to trade, along with some young quality 2nd line talent in Vesey...."
    Again, he’s not that good to be a focal point. It’s obvious we value him differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12