Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#17) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Strive for Five

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    hes picked up his game recently. He was horrible early on. He's had a handful of points during these last few games, although I still expect a bit more from him, defensively.
    That's what I'm referring to also. Just doesn't seem steady in that area yet.

I think the referees are the only ones who missed that holding the stick call!

Senior Member Squirt Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Last minute to play in the period...

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Nice play! Nice fucking play by McD!

GOAL!! 🥅

5 straight wins.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    YES!!!

FIVE!

LGR

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Another nice win. Keep it rollin

swamped Midget Division
    relatively stress-free to watch. much easier to watch this team when it is playing well
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Midget Division
    Well done. Hope they keep it going.

Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Trautwig has a EZ post-game show tonight. No Valley so he won’t get to piss him off.

[RS] (#17) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Strive for Five

Still, Zucchini was very quiet tonight. Almost invisible. What’s going on?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Fire who?

This was one of their best games of the season - maybe not as in, peak play, but as a whole performance through 60 minutes. Still had some slow play, and let downs at time. The goals against were incredibly flukey/lucky. Yes, that happens, but both plays involved strange bounces and luck. solid team performance

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post

yes, along with Nash and Hayes, but they weren't "bad". Big difference. well... at least when the other lines are scoring, and not getting scored against.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    He and Hayes (that line) are getting lots of defensive responsibilities, including the PK and all the special teams. This is possibly a contributing factor. It also feels like any "Hayes line" scores more off turnovers. When they aren't getting a lot from the opposition, the grade A chances are lacking. Also, generating O from turnovers, narrows Zuc and Nash's attack modes. At least Zuc is playing responsible hockey and does not look phased by his scoring. Maybe on the road, where they focus less on matchups, he'll breakout.

The bigger solution is the need for another fast C, ideally a top 6 type to pivot Zuc and Nash or Miller. This allows defensive shutdown assignments (and d zone starts) for a line of Hayes, Vesey and either Miller, Grabs or even Fast. Or more realistically, find a 3C type, 200' player who is still a good skater but can handle d zone starts w/o issue. This will free Hayes (Zib and Boo too) to get more O opportunities. It impacts the team up and down the lineup, not just the centers. If Hayes is getting more offense, so are his linemates, Zuc and Nash.

Just getting Nieves back will add juice into the lineup and help the C situation. Carey is useless to us. What is it about the way he has played, that you guys like?

More importantly, DD is becoming a disappointment. Again yesterday, he is taking himself out of the play going behind Rask while Boston D are already moving the puck out of the zone. He was so far behind a few rushes that he is out of the play. It looks like he is chasing the back of the play, too often, not what we expect of a center. Then during the 6-5 (AV had him out there!?), he picked-up nobody and almost cost a goal.

DD is not doing anything special on offense to offset his useless defense. The play dies with him too much, like when he skates the puck into the corner. I like his willingness to take the play deep, I like his quick darts and tight turns behind the net, his threat to score a wrap around or cause chaos with it. Yet, there is not enough of it. Unfortunately, besides a decent shot, which he is hardly getting off, there has been little else to his offense.

We need Boo back to make this more fun to watch. The O, in the 2nd and 3rd, was anemic again. It was only fun to watch because we were winning. Two centers are passengers, killing a 4 line relentless attack! We need 4 waves to contend this year, given the lack of top tier scorers. Also, 4 NHL centers will help the D, improves possession, provides lineup flexibility, keeps forwards fresher and is needed depth. If Nieves keeps playing like first few games, then we only need one good C. At least, while we are healthy.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Was going to start a thread with this^^^, essentially our offense still looks anemic because we have two centers killing the ultimate potential of lines 2,3 and 4. Figured the 'Zuc is quiet' discussion and the fact that we should have stomped Rask's throat after that 1st period, with more overall pressure, motivated me to put my thoughts here.

Moderator Junior Division
    Zucc is pacing almost the exact same numbers he did last year. I'm not sure what people expect.

He's not a 25-30 goal scorer. He's a 15-20 goal scorer with 40 assists.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Zucc is a great complimentary player. He is what he is, and as such will go through stretches of ineffectiveness, because he's not some top tier A level talent.

We really need another centerman. I don't know how they can do it, maybe Chytil can help in Feb-March, but Desharnais isn't the answer.

I could care less about anything going on with this team aside from the fact that the only five games they've played like they gave a shit this season they won. That's all I want to see - the same attention to the game as they've shown these five.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast