Thread: Rangers Team Conditioning

Junior Member Mite Division ASH1962's Avatar

Rangers Team Conditioning

Have to wonder if the Rangers physical conditioning was where it should have been coming into the season. It is now November 4 and the Rangers are finally starting to look like they are getting their "sea legs" under them as Sam Rosen might say. They look faster, more physical, and a lot quicker on the puck then they did for the first 3 weeks of the season, especially in the defensive zone and as a result, are not getting pinned in nearly as much as they were. IMHO, a sure sign of getting into game shape. IMHO, from the PS until last week, they looked slow, almost disinterested, poorly coached (out of shape perhaps?) and were being out skated nightly. I may be crazy, but I recall the Rangers getting the gist of AV's system or just rounding into shape every season around December, with the exception of last season where they got off to that amazing start. I know it is a wicked long season and matters how you finish. Still giving up too many bad goals, and too many goals in general. I guess that's the new NHL, lots of scoring this season - wonder if the puck is juiced LOL.

Swept Florida for 3 in a row, 4 % 5. Have to admit I am feeling much more optimistic that this team can be competitive than I was a week ago.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Well that was the case with Smith, who had a busy offseason (married, moved, etc), as Don Maloney reported on radio. Probably others guilty, but I don't know. They sure looked like shit the first dozen games.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    What's better for cardio than bangin your new wife every day and moving furniture up and down stairs ? Poor excuse.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Mite Division Dr. Jimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    What's better for cardio than bangin your new wife every day and moving furniture up and down stairs ? Poor excuse.
    Bah, the bangin stops once the ring hits the finger......

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jimmy View Post
    Bah, the bangin stops once the ring hits the finger......
    Tell me about it
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Junior Member Mite Division ASH1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Well that was the case with Smith, who had a busy offseason (married, moved, etc), as Don Maloney reported on radio. Probably others guilty, but I don't know. They sure looked like shit the first dozen games.
    Agree, the first 3 weeks they looked like the worst team in the NHL TBH. I see a much different team then the one who lost to Colorado opening night. Hope this is not just a feeble streak we are on and they continue to play fast, upbeat aggressive hockey going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH1962 View Post
    Agree, the first 3 weeks they looked like the worst team in the NHL TBH. I see a much different team then the one who lost to Colorado opening night. Hope this is not just a feeble streak we are on and they continue to play fast, upbeat aggressive hockey going forward.
    I think they carried the play for most of that Col game. Varlamov was on fire. It was the next few games that were head scratchers.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Also lets not forget the awful preseason schedule this team was off a week before the start of the season. Too much time off. I figured 5 games to get it together, it took longer

Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Also lets not forget the awful preseason schedule this team was off a week before the start of the season. Too much time off. I figured 5 games to get it together, it took longer
    3 in a row and 4 of 5 after that start could be signs of coming together. I wouldn't say they have it together, yet. Same as I'd say after poor play in the first 10 or so games.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Was just pointing out I didn't expect good play the first week or two due to preseason schedule I'm not sure they are for real but have a glimmer of hope

Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Was just pointing out I didn't expect good play the first week or two due to preseason schedule I'm not sure they are for real but have a glimmer of hope
    I hear ya. I actually expected a better start, so that's what concerns me. The way they start games also is concerning.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Ha ha, I hear ya. I was glad he admitted it and sounded self critical. Gives me hope it was just a stupid mistake that he learns from it. Looking forward to seeing him regain his form.

Dude, Kampfer was fine last night. Again. He's the underrated one and almost as likeable a person as Holden. I'd feel better about Holden if he was on his natural side.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-05-2017 at 01:42 PM.