Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Brendan Smith Situation

It looked scary for sure, but I just see it as just 2 guys going for the puck and they both initiated contact. I agree about the 4-6 feet from the boards is a tough spot to do that type of thing, but that's where the puck was. Either way, it's nice not to be on the receiving end of that shit for a change!

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Ryan McDonagh out tomorrow with an abdominal strain, funny how they report that but they wouldn’t report a Brendan Smith injury. Oh that’s right, he never had one to begin with.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Brandon Smith was out 8 games due to abdominal expansion.

I stand corrected, must’ve also pulled a bicep muscle putting back the suds for that expansion.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Even tho' this is a Brendan Smith thread, here is the bonafide info pertaining to the NYR Captain. Bonafide as reported by the news media. Hopefully it is accurate and he is not " out of shape".

Ryan McDonagh out for Rangers vs. Hurricanes

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh has an abdominal strain and the defenseman will not play against the Hurricanes in Carolina on Wednesday night.

The defenseman, who will miss his first game this season, did not practice Tuesday.

His most recent partner on the blueline, Nick Holden, skated with Brendan Smith.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ury-1.15085436

Because they always hold players out of practice when they are out of shape.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Yup. They, much like the fans, know what they are told; which most probably isn't everything.
    Radio color man. Nothing more. Who knows if he was embellishing his time at the " practice rink " or what actually he was told. It's his version. After all, Dave Maloney was once a NYR, a Capt. and is a loyalist like all the employees. Not knowing drek about the situation, other than the fact that Smith isn't playing, it appears as if the NYR are being deliberately silent. Almost as if they are protecting his privacy.
    Yup. DON Maloney it was. Age didn't mess with memory on this end. So Smith told DAVE, not DON Maloney that he, Smith was out of shape, and DAVE related it on the radio for all the world to hear. Dave must've been hallucinating from one too many suds.
    Yup. They, much like the fans, know what they are told; which most probably isn't everything.
    Radio color man. Nothing more. Who knows if he was embellishing his time at the " practice rink " or what actually he was told. It's his version. After all, Dave Maloney was once a NYR, a Capt. and is a loyalist like all the employees. Not knowing drek about the situation, other than the fact that Smith isn't playing, it appears as if the NYR are being deliberately silent. Almost as if they are protecting his privacy.

Pretty contradictory...

Even tho' this is a Brendan Smith thread, here is the bonafide info pertaining to the NYR Captain. Bonafide as reported by the news media. Hopefully it is accurate and he is not " out of shape".

Ryan McDonagh out for Rangers vs. Hurricanes

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh has an abdominal strain and the defenseman will not play against the Hurricanes in Carolina on Wednesday night.

The defenseman, who will miss his first game this season, did not practice Tuesday.

His most recent partner on the blueline, Nick Holden, skated with Brendan Smith.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ury-1.15085436

It's sarcasm, dude.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division leetchy2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Ryan McDonagh out tomorrow with an abdominal strain, funny how they report that but they wouldn’t report a Brendan Smith injury. Oh that’s right, he never had one to begin with.
    I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist, but ... there was a play against Ottawa where MacD got crunched into the boards sideways behind the goal line. It was a clean hard check and at that moment I thought there goes his shoulder. MacD looked a little hurt but obviously continued to play. So I wonder if it's really an abdominal strain or if they're hiding a shoulder injury that's had a long history of issues.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Either way, Smith is still awful and whatever he had last Spring is long gone.
    How's he been awful? I think he's skating pretty well with the puck and makes better decisions with the puck than any of the D men not named Skjei.

Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    THat hit behind the net is the one I was referring to. Either shoulder or concussion. Mcd was hunched over after the hit in a scene we have seen far to often. I was totally expecting for him to go the locker room but he didn't miss a shift.
    I'm pretty certain the injury being reported right now is bullshit. It's also to bad that msg would never go back and show you the hit because msg is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the franchise with hack commentators and analysts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    THat hit behind the net is the one I was referring to. Either shoulder or concussion. Mcd was hunched over after the hit in a scene we have seen far to often. I was totally expecting for him to go the locker room but he didn't miss a shift.
    I'm pretty certain the injury being reported right now is bullshit. It's also to bad that msg would never go back and show you the hit because msg is nothing more than the propaganda arm of the franchise with hack commentators and analysts.

Truth be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    ????

Have you SEEN others teams coverage? MSG puts on a very high quality broadcast. I'm pretty certain that they will show the hit in the next pre game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    How's he been awful? I think he's skating pretty well with the puck and makes better decisions with the puck than any of the D men not named Skjei.
    I thought he looked pretty decent as well. he was in position all night and didn't get caught or miss his man in front for the majority of his shifts. I'll watch again closer tonight to see if anything catches my eye....but overall the game against the Senators, I thought was pretty solid.

He took the body and moved the puck fairly well. Just my take.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    He looks like he has zero confidence to me.

At first it looked like he was scared to make a mistake...he settled in after that...I'll watch him closer tonight and see what's up.

Lingering injuries cause unpredictable play. I'll be watching the entire team tonite with my sweetie by my side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    ????

Have you SEEN others teams coverage? MSG puts on a very high quality broadcast. I'm pretty certain that they will show the hit in the next pre game.
    The broadcast part is excellent. The rest of the nonsense that is portrayed is a waste of time. The so-called experts that ramble on with useless info before the game, during the game, between the periods and after the game is a complete crock, immho. Nothing but hype.

The broadcast part is excellent. The rest of the nonsense that is portrayed is a waste of time. The so-called experts that ramble on with useless info before the game, during the game, between the periods and after the game is a complete crock, immho. Nothing but hype.
    Well I can't disagree that Trautwig is just annoying to listen/watch and I still don't get what the MSG 150 is in competition with for the fastest 150 seconds in the NHL..... but that's the only two things I don't like about this teams coverage.

These guys aren't complete homers and don't overly pat players on the back. I think for commentators they are pretty informative. VaIiquette is a guy that gets really into the job and doesn't pull punches or make excuses for players.

If you watch any other broadcast, the guys are insane homers.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678