Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Brendan Smith Situation

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Upon further review IMHO Smith has been the third best defenseman on the ice since McD injury

Skjei Shattenkirk Smith Kampfer Staal, Holden

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Upon further review IMHO Smith has been the third best defenseman on the ice since McD injury

Skjei Shattenkirk Smith Kampfer Staal, Holden
    That looks about right. As far as salary goes, I think that's kinda what we expect from him; he's basically a 2nd pair defenseman with some pop. I LOVED that hit he put on that Vancouver player in the 3rd when he came across the line...he just decked him!! God, I love that shit!!!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    That looks about right. As far as salary goes, I think that's kinda what we expect from him; he's basically a 2nd pair defenseman with some pop. I LOVED that hit he put on that Vancouver player in the 3rd when he came across the line...he just decked him!! God, I love that shit!!!
    Me too, but I hated how badly he wiffed on that shot that I think lead to a rush back the other way.

I think his passing has been smart and his ability to sneak in on offense and seamlessly switch back to his place on D is seriously underrated. He's still a little rusty, but I think he's rounding out into the guy we saw last season.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Glad to see Smith still has some bite to his game. We need that! A few more shifts and he’ll be back to form.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Me too, but I hated how badly he wiffed on that shot that I think lead to a rush back the other way.

I think his passing has been smart and his ability to sneak in on offense and seamlessly switch back to his place on D is seriously underrated. He's still a little rusty, but I think he's rounding out into the guy we saw last season.
    Yeah, I'm with you guys. I was a fairly big advocate of the Rangers getting him. I like his "old school" play. To me, it's more "playoff-like" performances. The season is so damn long that I suppose playing THAT physical for THAT long takes a toll on a guy. But some games he seems to "bring it", and others are just eh.

....and then we have games like last night.

That was a stinker!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    ....and then we have games like last night.

That was a stinker!
    Well, he can't be paired with someone as incompetent as Holden. Holden literally can't do anything well. When he jumps in the play he misses the net by a mile and sends the puck down the other end. When he's defending he can't fill a lane or make a smart play with the puck. Yeah, Smith wasn't good last night, but ultimately Holden is the one who couldn't clear the puck on two separate occasions -- thus resulting in two goals against. The two just simply cannot be paired together.

Also, why is Holden on the ice in the final minute of a game? Didn't we already learn that lesson?
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Well, he can't be paired with someone as incompetent as Holden. Holden literally can't do anything well. When he jumps in the play he misses the net by a mile and sends the puck down the other end. When he's defending he can't fill a lane or make a smart play with the puck. Yeah, Smith wasn't good last night, but ultimately Holden is the one who couldn't clear the puck on two separate occasions -- thus resulting in two goals against. The two just simply cannot be paired together.

Also, why is Holden on the ice in the final minute of a game? Didn't we already learn that lesson?
    Great question!

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Apparently not.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Bump. He's sitting again today. I honestly don't think he's been bad enough to sit. AV says he expects more from him.

AV on his and his team's mindset following the break, the status of Kevin Hayes, Henrik Lundqvist being named an All Star and more following today's #NYR practice.
    https://www.thescore.com/s/3620576

Senior Member Bantam Division
    IDK, Smith was looking like our defensive savior last season. He brought energy and physicality to a team sincerely lacking those characteristics. This season? Where the heck did he go? My son pointed out that he's still one of the only D-men to hit anyone with regularity, but that Smith might get "tired" from all that work and his game appears to trail-off in the third period.

Fatigue? Really? I guess it is possible. Despite being known as a fast team, I still question our team's conditioning. We do not seem to be able to play a fast game for 60 minutes.

Last year was probably all adrenaline from the trade and coming to a new team. It’s worn off.

Deleted Midget Division
    TBH Smith sucked until the playoffs last year

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Wasn't in the game today, mayve he could have thrown the body around.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

//reported Junior Division
    Can’t believe we’re paying this guy over 4m to sit in the press box.
    LGR!

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Smith must be sucking pretty badly

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Deleted Midget Division
    How has Anthony DeAngelo been?

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    How has Anthony DeAngelo been?
    He had a rough start with Hartford but I think he has been better

"Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

DeAngelo was always a dog. Former first rounder who the rangers could try and sell to their fans. Anyone who follows the league closely that his career was already on life support before he came here. He can’t get into this lineup is all anybody needs to know about his future

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    its pretty sad that we root for a guy who throws a few hits here an there,but his overall game this season has been under par, i am talking about Smith

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast