Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: How Bold is Too Bold to Fix the Rangers' D?

  1. #21
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21,883
    Rep Power
    182
    I'd rather delete posts than look for links to a bunch of different shit. And honestly, it's all common sense.

  2. #22
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,656
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'd rather delete posts than look for links to a bunch of different shit. And honestly, it's all common sense.
    What does that even mean? He says it constantly but you can't take 30 seconds to find a link? OK then..

    It's not common sense when he said he trained the same this year as he always does, at least not any more sensible than the fact that he cheats because he doesn't trust the defense in front of him. “But then you want to start training. You do it every year. It doesn’t matter if it was this year or eight years ago, my schedule didn’t change. I trained the same way and I felt the same.” http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news...21d9l5zxwsqs2k

  3. #23
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,597
    Rep Power
    114
    Athletic decline starts around age 26, Hank turns 36 this season.
    I think itís safe to assume the physical aspect has changed


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,656
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Athletic decline starts around age 26, Hank turns 36 this season.
    I think it’s safe to assume the physical aspect has changed


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Ok fine, but that doesn't mean it's the reason why his numbers are down or any more than the D being bad.

  5. #25
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,597
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Ok fine, but that doesn't mean it's the reason why his numbers are down.
    His numbers have been on a steady decline for years now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,656
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    His numbers have been on a steady decline for years now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    So has the Rangers' defensive play...

    I mean, it all goes hand in hand. No, Hank probably isn't as athletic as he was 10 years ago, but I don't think the soft goals are really a product of that. Where we see that, I think, is in some of the shootout struggles and that sort of thing. But the soft goals aren't a byproduct of losing athleticism I don't think.

  7. #27
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,597
    Rep Power
    114
    Save % + (ranking in NHL minimum 40 games)
    11-12 .929 (2nd)
    12-13 .926 (5th)
    13-14 .920 (10th)
    14-15 .922 (9th)
    15-16 .920 (13th)
    16-17 .910 (24th)
    17-18 .902 (29th)

    GAA + (ranking in NHL minimum 40 games)
    11-12 1.97 (2nd)
    12-13 2.05 (6th)
    13-14 2.36 (8th)
    14-15 2.25 (7th)
    15-16 2.48 (20th)
    16-17 2.74 (25th)
    17-18 3.08 (25th)



    I think if you graphed the last 7 years, you'd see a pretty steady decline.
    And i'd expect the next 3 years to be about the same.

    Hank turns 36 this season, science and physics still apply.....his body is nothing like it was 7 years ago.

  8. #28
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,656
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Save % + (ranking in NHL minimum 40 games)
    11-12 .929 (2nd)
    12-13 .926 (5th)
    13-14 .920 (10th)
    14-15 .922 (9th)
    15-16 .920 (13th)
    16-17 .910 (24th)
    17-18 .902 (29th)

    GAA + (ranking in NHL minimum 40 games)
    11-12 1.97 (2nd)
    12-13 2.05 (6th)
    13-14 2.36 (8th)
    14-15 2.25 (7th)
    15-16 2.48 (20th)
    16-17 2.74 (25th)
    17-18 3.08 (25th)



    I think if you graphed the last 7 years, you'd see a pretty steady decline.
    And i'd expect the next 3 years to be about the same.

    Hank turns 36 this season, science and physics still apply.....his body is nothing like it was 7 years ago.
    The decline can be attributed to the defense too. It's one of the worst in the league giving up high-danger scoring chances.

    https://twitter.com/LedgerSko/status/927573194105675776

  9. #29
    Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    4
    Actually Hank came to camp 10 to 15 lbs lighter than normal. He said as he gets older he thinks playing at a lighter weight will help him with his quickness. One could easily guess hank is worried about the quickness not being there like it once was so he put the work in to take some weight off.

    Regardless saying hank isn't the same goalie as five six years ago isn't a knock. He is aging like all humans do. He is no longer the goalie he was. He can still be very good even great when he gets his game going. I just think the consistency of being excellent is a thing of the past. That is no knock that is what made him a star.

  10. #30
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,597
    Rep Power
    114
    Do they have a year by year ranking for this?
    Because that chart doesn't tell me much.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    27
    Hard to put much weight on his numbers this year when A - he has always gotten off to slow starts, and B - with the small number of games he's played, giving up 5 goals in 20 minutes to Toronto hasn't averaged itself out of his season numbers yet.

  12. #32
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,656
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Do they have a year by year ranking for this?
    Because that chart doesn't tell me much.
    Idk I'd have to dig, but it was like that last year too.

  13. #33
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,597
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Hard to put much weight on his numbers this year when A - he has always gotten off to slow starts, and B - with the small number of games he's played, giving up 5 goals in 20 minutes to Toronto hasn't averaged itself out of his season numbers yet.
    Understand the slow start, but even without Toronto game (which you canít magically dismiss), heíd still be pretty terrible statistically


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  14. #34
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,135
    Rep Power
    27
    I'm not magically dismissing it. An outliner game like that has a big impact on the overall numbers when you're only a fifth of the way into the season.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  15. #35
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,597
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I'm not magically dismissing it. An outliner game like that has a big impact on the overall numbers when you're only a fifth of the way into the season.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I guess my point is, that even without that game, statistically he's been bad.....real bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •