Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#14) Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning // Play Like AV's Career Depends on It

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    This isn't a funk. It's how he plays.

Awful decision to re-sign him.
    He was a beast last year for the Rangers. He has the ability in him. Its up to the player, coach and organization to get that out of him on a nightly basis.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    He was a beast last year for the Rangers. He has the ability in him. Its up to the player, coach and organization to get that out of him on a nightly basis.
    I would like to think its the lack of stability and confidence. I mean the dude had a bad opening night and then he was scratched for the next 2 games. AV picks his d pairs out of a hat, their isnt any consistency.
    .....and having Kampfer in isnt making the D better with Smith out, actually makes them worse.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Hmm. Didn't the wings let Smith walk? Wonder why.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    We are quick to trash front office and we were quick to trash the MSL trade however the part that is overlooked is that we got rid of this guy for value far greater than what he's worth, and we she the contract that front office would have undoubtedly committed to since he was the captain. Him no longer being on the team doing nothing is the main reason I still consider that trade a win, even when you look at assets exchanged at a net loss.
    IIRC, the trade was done because Callahan wanted a no trade & the cigar man balked. This team sure could use some of his moxie.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    IIRC, the trade was done because Callahan wanted a no trade & the cigar man balked. This team sure could use some of his moxie.
    he wanted an obscene amount of money. He was banking on being the Captain of the NY Rangers that he would get the golden ticket, he overvalued himself. He has 36 points in his last 104 games.

How could the Wings let Smith walk when he was traded to the Rangers?

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    he wanted an obscene amount of money. He was banking on being the Captain of the NY Rangers that he would get the golden ticket, he overvalued himself. He has 36 points in his last 104 games.
    I think Cally knew that he wasn't going to get what he was asking for in NY and had no problem being dealt.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    You don't recall correctly and Ryan Callahan would do nothing for this team.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Callahan and Girardi. Reunited. And it feels so good.

Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Callahan and Girardi. Reunited. And it feels so good.

Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    wonder if those were the main two culprits that ran torts out of town.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    wonder if those were the main two culprits that ran torts out of town.
    Just the opposite. Cally wanted him, G kept quiet, but was brought to NY on Cally's recommendation. Hank ran him out, and Zuc too.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Anybody know anything about casting to a TV? It's easy if my feed is YouTube based, but I can't figure it out if not. Just wonder if I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    And some fans wonder why we had to include picks to get St Louis.
    He signed that deal with the Lightning.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

I'm ready for this.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    We are quick to trash front office and we were quick to trash the MSL trade however the part that is overlooked is that we got rid of this guy for value far greater than what he's worth, and we she the contract that front office would have undoubtedly committed to since he was the captain. Him no longer being on the team doing nothing is the main reason I still consider that trade a win, even when you look at assets exchanged at a net loss.
    Callahan signed that contract with the Lightning, not the Rangers. Callahan was going to be a UFA. The Rangers traded a somewhat decent player and two first round picks for MSL. They lost that trade. No doubt about it. Had they won the cup, it's a win. Damn were they close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    He signed that deal with the Lightning.
    Yeah, but he wanted it here. That's what he meant.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Callahan signed that contract with the Lightning, not the Rangers. Callahan was going to be a UFA. The Rangers traded a somewhat decent player and two first round picks for MSL. They lost that trade. No doubt about it. Had they won the cup, it's a win. Damn were they close.
    At the time they got something valuable in return for a player that was A) going to walk B) Isn't close to being worth his contract. They made the finals and had a chance to win it all in addition to not having that contract tied to them. Some see that as a win.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Actually no they didn't let him walk. The Rangers traded for him and he was pretty damn good for them in his shirt time here.

I really don't agree with AVs decision to make an example of this guy. Maybe he's banged up? He doesn't look happy on the bench. Kinda in disbelief

It's gotta be asked. What's he worth in trade? I like the guy, and know he's better than this, but this team can't have a guy like that eating up cap space, and rotting on the bench or in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    At the time they got something valuable in return for a player that was A) going to walk B) Isn't close to being worth his contract. They made the finals and had a chance to win it all in addition to not having that contract tied to them. Some see that as a win.
    Would they have been worse had they just kept him and let him walk? MSL was an inspiration to the team, but he produced very little. I'm not exactly sure they don't make it to the finals with Callahan instead of MSL. Keeping the two firsts as well. Yeah yeah hindsight.

Would they have been worse had they just kept him and let him walk? MSL was an inspiration to the team, but he produced very little. I'm not exactly sure they don't make it to the finals with Callahan instead of MSL. Keeping the two firsts as well. Yeah yeah hindsight.
    You can't guess at something when there's facts involved. They made the finals with MSL. They don't have 3 more years at 6.5 with Callahan. If you consider the picks a huge loss, so be it. Draft is a crapshoot unless a generational talent tops the board.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast