Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#14) Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning // Play Like AV's Career Depends on It

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I mean, I won't lie... #FallinForDahlin is still A-OK with me.
    Lol

I meant for this game only. I’m not convinced of anything yet. I honestly was expecting them to get smoked.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    That goal was filthy. Love it. Can they start putting it together? Ever since Nieves came up and we filled out that official 4th line center role with an actual center, this team has been better. If they can play watchable hockey and still sell at the deadline for futures, this year will be a helluva success.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, it's like Dunny said earlier — this was a hockey game. The first honest game they've put in all year.
    More than their play, there was emotion, there was antics and I was entertained.

And we had a goalie.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Great win

As nice as that Miller goal was that was some astoundingly horrible defense by Tampa

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    More than their play, there was emotion, there was antics and I was entertained.

And we had a goalie.
    Yup. I was thoroughly entertained.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    That goal was filthy. Love it. Can they start putting it together? Ever since Nieves came up and we filled out that official 4th line center role with an actual center, this team has been better.
    That was sweet, Miller kicked ass and the capped it.

Vasilevskiy was great again. That wasn't easy. Building from that emotional Vegas win. Time for 3 in a row.

3 games for Nieves and he's been driving play each game. Agree jsm, he's been an important addition at C and it's created a complete and energetic 4th line. It makes a difference for this team. He's playing fast, doing a nice job as the F1 (trading off with Grabs, who also had a strong game) and his D was real good tonight.

ZBK was good against the best top line. Vesey is getting back on track. Skjei strong and Staal's been surprisingly solid. Kampfer was a pugilistic bulldog and pretty good. Holden, on the other hand, was atrocious again. Forget trading him now, who'd want him the way he's playing.

None of the the above would've mattered if Hank wasn't excellent.

If they can play watchable hockey and still sell at the deadline for futures, this year will be a helluva success.
    Winning is intrinsic for watchable hockey. It becomes much less watchable if we are basically out of the playoffs and all we have are nice efforts to show for it.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Amazing things happen when your team actually looks like it gives a crap

Senior Member Bantam Division
    First real game all season nice job boys. At least we cared about that one.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division

[RS] (#14) Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning // Play Like AV's Career Depends on It

Fell asleep mid way through the third, pleasantly surprised they won. Nice goal from Miller, need to see more of that drive to the net from him. Very nice win, let's make in 3 in a row tomorrow.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Thats 2 good games in a row. Hopefully everything turned around for them and they start playing like this all of the time. They are only 2 games under .500 now.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

And we had a goalie.
    this for sure. we were missing the Tanner Glass element before lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Go figure! The laws of hockey shine once again; you have 2 top notch scoring teams and you get a low scoring Classic type game. Fun game to watch and I agree with Phil, best game I've seen them play in LONG time!

Also, please note that holy shit is Viktor Hedman a fucking monster. I just don't understand how he skates so well. Nice to see Zuke go after him haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    In 93 games with the Rangers he scored 22 goals What exactly did you like about his stay here? I felt he was a burden and had little chemistry with anyone while here. IMO he was very UN-MSL as a Ranger.
    I missed all this but wanted to clarify. I consider this trade a win because I think that if we didn't trade Callahan, we would have resigned him for roughly what he's making now, and then be stuck with his contract. To me the trade was those draft picks for the freedom of not being stuck with his contract, and MSL was just a bonus. In my opinion that's worth it. If he was just going to walk after the season was over then obviously it was a bad trade but I don't think that was likely. I think he would have gotten resigned, and then we would be stuck with him doing nothing and getting paid for it.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    I missed all this but wanted to clarify. I consider this trade a win because I think that if we didn't trade Callahan, we would have resigned him for roughly what he's making now, and then be stuck with his contract. To me the trade was those draft picks for the freedom of not being stuck with his contract, and MSL was just a bonus. In my opinion that's worth it. If he was just going to walk after the season was over then obviously it was a bad trade but I don't think that was likely. I think he would have gotten resigned, and then we would be stuck with him doing nothing and getting paid for it.
    I look at it as getting that production out of Callahan without having to sign him for 6 years or whatever.

MSL never had chemistry, expecially after the playoff run, in part because he was asked to play 3rd line Center for the first, what, 20 games of the year? He was a great Ranger.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    MSL, for us, even though not MVP MSL was still a solid player, good contributor, good leader and on a great contract. And, as a third liner here, practically outproduced 1st line TB winger Callahan in half the time. 52 pts vs 54 pts (best seasonthrough 5)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division BrooklynBoy89's Avatar
    I was at the game Thursday, AMAZING! Our quality chances far outweighed theirs, just couldn't finish. Had roughly 3-4 Breakaways from the top of the circle and in, just didn't bury the puck. Coulda been a blowout in our favor in all honesty. Shatty out of the box, Mac from the left side circles, and a post hit early in the First. We were all over them for most of the game, but one thing I noticed, they throw everything at the net, regardless of if it hit the net or not. We had more shots and I STILL thought we overpassed multiple times. Hell, they almost scored on a point shot that they just threw at the net, but it got called back. I would love if our team just threw more shots on goal, we coulda easily had 50 shots that game.

Like I said, great game to be at, Hank made big saves when he needed to, like the toe save on the doorstep with about 4 minutes left, but that game should have never been in doubt if we just finish some real quality chances from our big guns. Fun as hell though to see them play so well. Beat two of the top teams in the league, playing two completely different games. It's good when you can outscore a team with your run and gun and also to win in a low scoring, tough game. All the lack of toughness talk that this team gets, we out hit them. I only looked back at the last 3 games, but we out hit every opponent we played. I get hits don't always mean toughness, but we are getting to the body and causing some turnovers with it. I like the way the team is playing.

Points in 6 of the last 8. LGR!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast