Thread: Multiple Deaths Reported in Terror Attack as Truck Strikes Pedestrians in Manhattan

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Multiple Deaths Reported in Terror Attack as Truck Strikes Pedestrians in Manhattan

At least six people were killed when a man drove a pickup truck as many as 20 blocks down a bike path next to the Hudson River in Lower Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon before he jumped out with fake guns and was shot by police officers, the authorities said.

The police did not immediately call it a terrorist attack. But two law enforcement officials said that after the attacker got out of the truck, he was heard yelling, “Allahu Akbar.” (Arabic for “God is great.”)

The motorist, driving south down the path in a Home Depot rental truck, hit numerous people as nearby Stuyvesant High School was letting out for the day, officials said. At least 15 people were injured.

“He jumped out of the truck with a pellet gun, yelled, ‘Allahu Akbar,’ and the First Precinct lit him up,” a law enforcement official said.
    The driver, who was shot several times, was being treated at a nearby hospital. He had crashed the truck into a school bus. It was unclear if anyone was on the bus. The police said they were not looking for additional suspects
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/n...manhattan.html
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    For fuck's sake! Not again! Ugh

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    The Suge Knight challenge......
    #TankforTkachuk #SuckforSvechnikov #FailforFilip

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

Multiple Deaths Reported in Terror Attack as Truck Strikes Pedestrians in Manhattan

Surprised it took this long for a nut to do this successfully in NYC.

Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Douche Bag sucks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Squirt Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar

WTF is happening in this world? At least in the animal world, F’ed-up genes get taken care of through natural selection and evolution.

I’m beginning to think our notion of ‘helping’ or ‘saving’ everyone is flawed. We’re keeping kooks around too. Obviously I don’t have the answer either.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Surprised it took this long for a nut to do this successfully in NYC.
    I'm not surprised, it's going to happen - and he wasn't as successful as he could have been if he had real machine guns. The good news is the NYPD stops 99% of these before they happen, some are bound to get through. Paying all this attention to them just feeds their cause, I don't give a shit about this asshole, as far as I'm concerned nothing has changed and life goes on.

I wonder if NYC doesn't strongly consider adopting some of the anti-terror measures Israel has, like concrete pillars along popular street sidewalks. You can't do it for every street, but for high-traffic areas you certainly can, specifically to thwart vehicle attacks, which are the method of choice for ISIS.

Apparently they can be thoughtfully designed, so they aren't just concrete eyesores, like making them into giant planters.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Growing Member Bantam Division
    You can find a much more elegant solution a couple blocks south of the incident:

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Why has it come to such things?

This guy has brought in 23 more people with him, himself gaining access through a "Diversity Visa". What a God awful immigration policy. Not even Canada is that dumb.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    23 people? how is that possible

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    That's my question. What business does a 75 IQ tribal herdsman from Uzbekistan have immigrating to the US? What value does such a person provide? Then to allow him to sponsor 23 others to immigrate?

Your immigration system is broken. Your immigration system is a god damn joke.

Is there any evidence to support Trump's claim that he brought 23 others to the country? I'm no fan of "chain immigration" either, but I'm curious if this has actually been corroborated.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Is there any evidence to support Trump's claim that he brought 23 others to the country? I'm no fan of "chain immigration" either, but I'm curious if this has actually been corroborated.
    Not sure Phil

As a rule, however there is never any evidence of anything blabbered by our toddler

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Well I don't exactly trust his word, which is why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Not sure Phil

As a rule, however there is never any evidence of anything blabbered by our toddler

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Lol

Senior Member Junior Division
    There have been nearly 150,000 gun-related deaths in the US since 9/11, but leave it to Republicans to continue to cherry pick these super isolated (relatively speaking) incidents involving radical Muslims to push their nationalistic agenda.

With that said, I'm not too familiar with this specific visa program, and have no issues with plugging holes if needed. However, I just don't trust the brazen know-it-all chimp in command to not use something like that as a precedent to much harsher, further reaching policies in the near future

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    There have been nearly 150,000 gun-related deaths in the US since 9/11, but leave it to Republicans to continue to cherry pick these super isolated (relatively speaking) incidents involving radical Muslims to push their nationalistic agenda.

With that said, I'm not too familiar with this specific visa program, and have no issues with plugging holes if needed. However, I just don't trust the brazen know-it-all chimp in command to not use something like that as a precedent to much harsher, further reaching policies in the near future
    There are a lot more incidents that don't happen that the public isn't made aware of. There are a lot of plots by radical Muslims that are thwarted by either the FBI or local police departments. Im honestly shocked this hasn't happened sooner.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I wonder if NYC doesn't strongly consider adopting some of the anti-terror measures Israel has, like concrete pillars along popular street sidewalks. You can't do it for every street, but for high-traffic areas you certainly can, specifically to thwart vehicle attacks, which are the method of choice for ISIS.

Apparently they can be thoughtfully designed, so they aren't just concrete eyesores, like making them into giant planters.
    They actually have a lot of these in tourist area's. I honestly though though that bike path had the barriers, I know up town they have them as well alone Riverside Park. A lot of the embassy's also have barriers on the sidewalks.

Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post

They're only "super isolated" here, and I'm not sure that's going to continue to be the case. At the end of the day, this is an ideological problem that can't be solved without addressing the root. All other solutions are band aids. It's also going to take the religion itself taking a very critical look at itself, from within. In similar ways that Catholicism and Protestantism have.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    They actually have a lot of these in tourist area's. I honestly though though that bike path had the barriers, I know up town they have them as well alone Riverside Park. A lot of the embassy's also have barriers on the sidewalks.
    I guess I've never really noticed before, but it's pretty smart.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens