Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Schoenfeld, Leger, Sather, and Risebrough Attend Montreal vs Ottawa Game

Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    I think the talk of Montreal trading their number 1 pick is crazy. How would a ranger fan feel if the rangers traded their number 1 pick this year? Both teams as staring at the lottery there should be no way either team trades their pick. I would seriously give up all hope and the people in Montreal would riot. Those kind of trade ideas to me anyway are fantasy. They don't in account that the other team is trying to what's best for them too.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I think the talk of Montreal trading their number 1 pick is crazy. How would a ranger fan feel if the rangers traded their number 1 pick this year? Both teams as staring at the lottery there should be no way either team trades their pick. I would seriously give up all hope and the people in Montreal would riot. Those kind of trade ideas to me anyway are fantasy. They don't in account that the other team is trying to what's best for them too.
    Absolutely. Unless a real superstar is involved neither team is trading their 2018 #1, at this point.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Instead of looking at Galchenyuk, the Rangers should make a play for RNH. The more I watch this kid play the more I'm impressed with how much he's improved. He's a solid two way center and is beginning to produce again. They could move some player(s) to make room for his contract. I'd rather him than Galchenyuk any day.

x10

RNH is a 200' complete player. Just as fast and skilled as Galy, but he plays very good D and his effort isn't questioned. Team guy, no off ice issues. He's better than Step. Would give us 1,2,3,4,5, center depth, all the sudden.

I think Chiarelli's plan is to trade him in the off season, when the BIG contracts are kicking in. He likes him, wants to buy time and keep him until the cap forces the move. Then they'll look for a young defender.

But Chiarelli makes bad trades, Edm is struggling. How about DeAngelo, DD, Gropp and another D prospect they have interest in. Bryzgalov? Zborovskiy? What if they say yes but the extra Dman they want is Sean Day? Maybe they like Holden, haha. We'd need to dump his salary anyway to make it work. They'd get guys who can play this year and prospects at a position of need, for the future.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-01-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Im not sure Edmonton is interested in 4-5 pieces of junk for RNH.
    Skjei, Buch, Etc would be names they might be interested in.

Example-
    Buch plus our 2nd for RNH

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Im not sure Edmonton is interested in 4-5 pieces of junk for RNH.

Example-

If were trading forward youth, Id sooner try to work something around Vesey, not Buch.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Moderator Junior Division
    I just don't get how people would want RNH.

He is the exact same player as Derek Stepan with almost the exact same contract. What would be the point?

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Because people realize this team needs a Stepan-type player. Neither of the current C on this roster is defensively solid enough to play against the oppositions top lines and that has been a huge part to this terrible start.

Besides, RNH's contract has no clauses, 500k less AAV and he's 3 years younger, got much more potensial and a better skater.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Gropp, Day, Ronning, Graves etc. Aren't real prospects. They aren't worth anything. I doubt you could get better than a 5th for any of them, and you could pretty much include the entire Hartford roster outside of Chytil in that category.

Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    If rnh ever came to NYC he would be a very polarizing player. He's just not very good. He's weaker than Stepan if that's even possible. The guy is maybe 160 lbs soaking wet. He isn't skilled enough to ever get around that. He's at his peak right now and trading buch or kreider for him would be disastrous. I'd rather stay the course and have a terrible year because rnh may fill a hole up the middle but he does nothing in terms of ever contending. If the goal is to win a cup he is not a player you invest in to do so. If he was as valuable as some say the Oilers could surely find a way to keep him in the fold. This Oilers team is one that most say are lined up for multiple cups themselves. So why is he always the first on their list to move? They can save cap space elsewhere.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Because people realize this team needs a Stepan-type player. Neither of the current C on this roster is defensively solid enough to play against the oppositions top lines and that has been a huge part to this terrible start.

Besides, RNH's contract has no clauses, 500k less AAV and he's 3 years younger, got much more potensial and a better skater.
    He's not a better skater. He's not really a better anything and 500k less is nothing. He played in Stepan's role as a matchup center with a lower OZS last year and only scored 43 points. Stepan has been essentially, a 55-point player with a 51% OZS for the last 4 years. RNH did that the last two seasons and had a 51-point pace and 43 points. He's only more productive this year because he's not being used in a defensive role.

But regardless of who is the better player, you don't replace Stepan with a Stepan-type player. That just brings us right to where we were last year. If you're ok with forfeiting this season and building for the future, then you just roll with what you have now. If the idea is to be more of a contender this year than last, then you need an upgrade from Stepan or, at the very least, a different style of player. A 1-for-1 replacement doesn't do anything for this team.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I think we need a game-breaker, not just another vanilla second liner.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think we need a game-breaker, not just another vanilla second liner.
    Im all for that but who and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Im all for that but who and how?
    Chytil and patience.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    I’m all for that but who and how?
    Package or big names.

Kreider, Miller, Hayes alone won't improve team/bring back enough assets on their own to warrant making a move of this caliber. (RNH, Chucky).

If you are not getting a bottom
    6, role playing energy guy, then you need to go big. And in-between, half ass effort, trade to say we tried isn't going to cut it .

Who? I don't know. That would be determined by the names we float out - varies based on McDonagh, Zucc, etc

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    If were trading forward youth, Id sooner try to work something around Vesey, not Buch.
    So would I, but Vesey doesnt come close. It works he Buch + for RNH

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    As of now Im not interested in trading Ranger players for players on other rosters who arent getting the job done.

Id look at moving Nash and McD before the end is the season for picks and prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    I’m not sure Edmonton is interested in 4-5 pieces of junk for RNH.

Example-

Well hell fellas, you all have something interesting to say. Puck, you and Dunny are giving me a wakeup call. Let me preface that I did say Chierelli has made shitty trades. However, I did not realize all those guys were junk. Thought at least a few were prospects.

Dunny, I've followed Graves and see him as our eventual 3rd pair replacement for Staal. Assumed he would get the call if we get an injury on the left side and get rid of Holden. Good skater, good size and shot. Thought he'd be a good third LHD, given his improvement in all aspects, including D. You disagree? Not an NHLer?

Dunny and co, what is the deal with Sean Day? He and Gettinger are killing it in the OHL. He needs work, but isn't his upside high and more evident now then before we drafted him? Thought it a bad sign he was sent out of Hartford. Yet, the glut of Dmen there, figured they wanted to get him tons of top pair ice time. You know more, I'm sure. When did he become a non prospect?

Puck, not trading Buch. That is from someone who would have considered it for the right piece, in June. Buch (on ELC) straight-up is a big overpay. Kreids or Miller for RNH doesn't help us. Guess that's why I tried to rip Edm off.

For those asking why the interest in RNH, Zuc provided the answer. And I'll add, because he'd be a great fit and important addition, AT THE RIGHT COST.

Dear Future and Fatty Francesa, let's get a few things straight. RNH is 24 y/o and 190lbs (multiple sources). Future, you are confusing skating with standing still. If Step could skate like RNH, he'd be an all star and still a Ranger. It's like comparing Carey's skating to Hags. Another issue you miss, maybe Step ages terribly, but his D sucked last year. To boot, he was our worst forward on D, in the playoffs. RNH can play D and is better at it then ever. He is getting O-zone responsibilities because Leon got injured and he can play either role. He'd be a much better 2C here, than Step was last year, or will be ever.

Fatty, RNH was the first pick overall, he has skills. He doesn't need to be grit guy for Edm or us. That's not we are looking for from Zib. We want goals (5 so far), passing, D, speed, faceoffs, youth and potential. He comes up in trade talks because Edm has pending cap problems and an overabundance of centers. They need help elsewhere. RNH goes before and because of Leon and McDavid.

Josh and others, sure I want a gamebreaker too. I'm willing to trade a young vet forward and/or McD for one. That is actually why you save trading one of our valuable wingers, until an opportunity emerges. As Shane said though, but who?

Now if we are not making a trade for a C or gamebreaker, then Long Live the King has it right. Patience and Chytil.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-02-2017 at 02:12 PM.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    But the names that become available when you tell them you'll trade McDonagh instead of Kreider completely change. Kreider might get you guys that are on the market, McDonagh can get you "untouchables", including vets, prospects or picks.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    But the names that become available when you tell them you'll trade McDonagh instead of Kreider completely change. Kreider might get you guys that are on the market, McDonagh can get you "untouchables", including vets, prospects or picks.
    With the current state of his team Id go for prospects and picks. I believe a combination of Nash and McD moved at the deadline gets us 3 1st round picks and one prospect.

Add that with our picks and the last draft, that would be 7 first round picks in 3 years

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast