Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schoenfeld, Leger, Sather, and Risebrough Attend Montreal vs Ottawa Game

Senior Member Junior Division

Schoenfeld, Leger, Sather, and Risebrough Attend Montreal vs Ottawa Game

"It's curious for sure, it's not unusual for teams to send more than one representative to a game. Sometimes it's just pre-scouting and they are getting a look at both Ottawa and Montreal from a hockey perspective but then you need to look at the individuals who were there for the Rangers, I'm pretty sure Glen Sather doesn't scout a ton of games anymore. Jim Schoenfeld was there, Doug Risebrough gets to a lot of games so his name wasn't overly surprising. The Rangers were there for a purpose, maybe they are gathering intel to see if there is a fit that might make some sense and they take that intel back to Jeff Gorton. One thing we know for certain, the Rangers are definitely interested in doing something. Whatever that something is, I think they are pretty wide open for business. To send four representatives was unique and then Pierre Dorion was in Brooklyn. A few teams are pretty hungry for change." - Dreger
    Are the Rangers close to something with Ottawa or Montreal, "I would imagine but I don't know that for sure. We talked yesterday about overview and the Rangers and I think they are going to review everything and that is probably one of the things they are doing. They are not that far off, the Rangers are not that far off. They need to tweak their goaltending, I think they know that, they probably need some more depth down the middle, they know that, and the defense has not come to where they need it to be, they were counting on Kevin Shattenkirk having a better start than he has. When I heard about this, I thought, that makes sense. I don't know if it's Ottawa or Montreal. A lot of people were speculating that Montreal was trying to make a deal, Rangers need another offensive center ice man, Montreal might have one. I don't know but we will see. I don't like throwing names out there, it could be a lot of different things but to have those three major decision makers from the Rangers there, wouldn't surprise me if something went on."
    Would Kreider for Galchenyuk make sense, "there is fit, one thing for Kreider, there is not a whole lot of love there so it would be interesting to see how that turned out. That would be interesting. It would make sense but I don't know, I never brought those names up, just so we are clear." - Pierre

Obviously twitter has exploded with excitement. Names from Marc Crawford to Turris to Galchenuk have all been tossed around liberally. I don't claim to know anything but it seems like something is afoot. Glen Sather doesn't crawl out of his cave to go to a game in Montreal for no reason.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

//reported Junior Division
    Rumblings on HFboards are a potential deal around Kreider for Galchenyuk. Not sure if there's any merit to these rumors though.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Rumblings on HFboards are a potential deal around Kreider for Galchenyuk. Not sure if there's any merit to these rumors though.
    Well Kreider was mentioned the other day as a potential fit in Edmonton seems people have taken that and ran. I don't think all four of those guys go up to that game if they aren't considering something major.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Deleted Midget Division
    If you're getting Galchenyuk for Kreider, you better pick up extras (picks, players). Would be better as a blockbuster deal with Galchenyuk + Pacioretty for Holden/DeAngelo + Kreider + picks.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    If you're getting Galchenyuk for Kreider, you better pick up extras (picks, players). Would be better as a blockbuster deal with Galchenyuk + Pacioretty for Holden/DeAngelo + Kreider + picks.
    I'd be all over this, but is Galchenyuk going to get the AV shaft? He's been demoted to the fourth line by Julien and I fear that he'd run into more of the same here. With that being said, we really need an upgrade at center, so perhaps he'd slot in as 2C.
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'd rather make a move geared more toward the future and go after Galchenyuk + MTL's 1st

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Think it would have been cheaper to take a chance on Shipachyov. If Iím moving Kreider then Iím using Montreal to get more out of Edmonton. Puljujarvi & Strome for Kreider & Holden or Bereglasovó rumor is he may use his out clause and return to KHL.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I'd rather make a move geared more toward the future and go after Galchenyuk + MTL's 1st
    We clearly have one foot in and out of the grave. Unless you're all in on Tavares in the off season, you need some depth at C. I totally get where you're coming from, but we need to have a Brassard situation here, not a Stepan trade.

We clearly have one foot in and out of the grave. Unless you're all in on Tavares in the off season, you need some depth at C. I totally get where you're coming from, but we need to have a Brassard situation here, not a Stepan trade.
    Not if your rebuilding. Taraves isn't coming here in the shape we're in. 2-3 years from now Mika, Chytil, Andersson, and Galchenyuk is depth at center. Our and MTL's potential lottery picks this year would add other pieces.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    If they are getting Chucky, it should be miller going the other way. Already soft enough.

Deleted Midget Division
    Not if your rebuilding. Taraves isn't coming here in the shape we're in. 2-3 years from now Mika, Chytil, Andersson, and Galchenyuk is depth at center. Our and MTL's potential lottery picks this year would add other pieces.
    You're not rebuilding if you sign Shatty

They signed him before the season. If they can't figure out how to get their shit together than having signed Shatty over the summer has nothing to do with going into rebuild mode.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If they are getting Chucky, it should be miller going the other way. Already soft enough.
    Miller plays just as tough of a game as Kreider.

Additionally, if they could add 3 first round picks this coming draft, to the 2 they had this past year, and maybe two in 2019, they could have a quick turn around before Shatty's contract is up.

Would be interesting to see how Kreider would be received in MTL if he were traded there. He's pretty much the most hated player to play vs. MTL.

Deleted Midget Division
    They signed him before the season. If they can't figure out how to get their shit together than having signed Shatty over the summer has nothing to do with going into rebuild mode.
    And he remains signed. They're pivoting, not about facing.

It 100% has to do with their direction when he's part of it.

And he remains signed. They're pivoting, not about facing.

It 100% has to do with their direction when he's part of it.
    So just continue to drive the bus towards the cliff because you signed a guy?

They also traded Stepan without getting a roster player back. That's where we're at. We need to stick on that path.

I don't get you guys. Do you not understand that Mario Tremblay said on radio a few days ago that Galchenyuk had "twice sought help for substance abuse problems". Likely opioids. It sounded like something he was dealing with last year and this summer. A known Montreal beat reporter said that they've tried to trade him at a discount. Said he had a partyier rep. No takers. Both his coaches say he refuses to play defense and isn't a true center. His effort has been questioned multiple times.

And you guys would consider trading Kreids for him. Why? Even if they throw in a pick. Geez, if we are gonna trade Kreids, let's not make it for guys teams are trying to dump. Galy is too risky. If Gorton does this I'll lose my shit. Take a flier on Galy with a prospect and conditional draft pick. That's my limit.

For Kreids how about RNH and Nurse. Or if it is Ottawa, how about for Mark Stone (my UFA pick who'd have to agrees to a new 6 year 6 mil contract with us) to be our 1RW of the future. Or Josh Manson and a top forward prospect. Point is, Kreids should be a piece used when we can get prized value in return. If his value is not high enough now, then wait until it is. He should get hot eventually.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-31-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Miller plays just as tough of a game as Kreider.
    No chance. Kreider consistently goes to the dirty areas. Miller does sometimes. I feel other games he floats around too much.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    I don't get you guys. Do you not understand that Mario Tremblay said on radio a few days ago that Galchenyuk had "twice sought help for substance abuse problems". Likely opioids. It sounded like something he was dealing with last year and this summer. A known Montreal beat reporter said that they've tried to trade him at a discount. Said he had a partyier rep. No takers. Both his coaches say he refuses to play defense and isn't a true center. His effort has been questioned multiple times.

And you guys would consider trading Kreids for him. Why? Even if they throw in a pick. Geez, if we are gonna trade Kreids, let's not make it for guys teams are trying to dump. Galy is too risky. If Gorton does this I'll lose my shit. Take a flier on Galy with a prospect and conditional draft pick. That's my limit.

For Kreids how about RNH and Nurse. Or if it is Ottawa, how about for Mark Stone (my UFA pick who'd have to agrees to a new 6 year 6 mil contract with us) to be our 1RW of the future. Or Josh Manson and a top forward prospect. Point is, Kreids should be a piece used when we can get prized value in return. If his value is not high enough now, then wait until it is. He should get hot eventually.
    Exactly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast