Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#13) Rangers vs. Vegas Golden Knights // Place Your Bets on AV's Future

My god, why is that KZB line ever broken up? It's our three best forwards, they complement each other wonderfully, they have good chemistry, it makes sense to build around those three etc. etc.

Senior Member Mite Division Progrocker's Avatar
    4th string goalie held us to two goals until the third. Still have my concerns. The frightnin' lightnin' up next.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Only on the PP, though. He has 4 ES pts through 13

Only Rangers fans praise that shit. lol.
    Which team do you root for?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    UH... I think the NYR won. Never know it by the way some fans react. At the end of the day, no one will care how a team performed IF they make the playoffs... holds true in all sports, IMO.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Great to see him slowly breaking out... I really was starting to think he just wasn't that good
    Looking back, I see he was a 3rd round pick. Plays like a 1st rounder in my view. Will be interesting how he develops in time.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    4th string goalie held us to two goals until the third. Still have my concerns. The frightnin' lightnin' up next.
    True still have our concerns and we all know the up roar that would've happened if they lost to that said "4th string goalie"
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Rangers win

Ranger "fans" very upset

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    UH... I think the NYR won. Never know it by the way some fans react. At the end of the day, no one will care how a team performed IF they make the playoffs... holds true in all sports, IMO.
    Well that's simply not true. Just "making the playoffs" is not a good enough outcome for this team anymore.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Looking back on that third period, the first ten minutes of it was an outrageous mika zibanejad show. I mean the dude scored three goals by himself...two passes to people who could have been traffic cones and would have scored, and then that wrist shot on the power play I'm not sure the goalie would have saved it even if he could see it. Outstanding performance from Mika.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progrocker View Post
    What do you expect? 4 goals each period? They scored 6 goals and won the game, that is fine for now.

Finally AV put the KZB line back together and they were instantly a huge factor. When we dont have superstar forwards on the team, we need to have 4 good lines that all can contribute. I think this was (atleast almost) the best lines this team can ice.

Boo is looking like a really good adition to the 4th line. Speed, PK and he has actually impressed me the most on offense. 3 assist in his first game and could easily had 1-2 more yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Looking at the game overall, guess there were times they played badly. Yet, look at the lines.

ZBK - played badly? Sounds silly, right? Zib 240 point pace night. Buch-a-beast. Respectheblue (unconsciously) stole my material. One bad shift they did have.
    Nieves,Grab,Fast - Nieves might have created the most grade A chances after Zib. They were fast and good. Fast was good. No bad. Goalie stole a few from this line.
    DD,Miller,Vesey - VC had an impact his first 3 shifts and got us a lead early. DD had a good game and had more than 1 good shift, Miller was OK, not bad
    Hayes,Zuc,Nash - least effective but still big goal for Zuc who could have had two. Hayes couple of nice plays, one bad play led to penalty shot. Nash had his worst game of the season. Lacked jump, no good moves to the net, but still solid on D.

Rolled 4/12 all game. Only 1 guy had a bad game. 1-2 others were OK

That's pretty good.

Maybe it was the D? Skjei was good. Staal pretty good, he's graded on a curve. McD was fine, not much O. Shatty typical good PP plus terrible turnover. Smith not so bad, except on Perron, that he should have been benched. Kampfer looked rusty. Overall. not terrible, but needs to improve significantly.

Hank was good, one rebound was not his fault at all. Let's cut him slack on the Penalty shot.

AV did not suck or over coach, and managed the forward group well. Coached like his job depended on it, but didn't panic.

Team came from down 2 in the final period and won going away. Didn't look shaky on the 6-5. Used the tragedy to come together and create something positive.

Not taking much bad away from tonight. Actually gives us and the team hope.

All that said....
    Prepare for shocking jolt back down to earth in Tampa. AV may have bought himself a Florida vacation, but he is still on the hot seat and probably needs a win in these next two, to avoid being smoked.
    sg3 how are Ranger fans upset? You called me out before, but I don't think you are reading. Just assuming and generalizing.

There are a bunch of us who are trying to be objective, specific and fair when we provide analysis. My above post was in response to a useless negative generalization. Now it is time to tell you and longtimefan that if everything always smells like lavender and roses, how do you know when you are standing in shit or at your daughter's wedding? Can you tell the difference?
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-01-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    What do you expect? 4 goals each period? They scored 6 goals and won the game, that is fine for now.

Finally AV put the KZB line back together and they were instantly a huge factor. When we dont have superstar forwards on the team, we need to have 4 good lines that all can contribute. I think this was (atleast almost) the best lines this team can ice.

Boo is looking like a really good adition to the 4th line. Speed, PK and he has actually impressed me the most on offense. 3 assist in his first game and could easily had 1-2 more yesterday.
    Zuc, was thinking the same. Particularly about the lineup, the lines, and rolling 4 effective lines.

And how about Nieves?!! Pleasantly surprised and how good he looks distributing passes to the net while streaking down the ice. He puts nice pressure on the D. Had a nice game w/o Buch on his line. That is a good sign.

//reported Junior Division
    Fuck me, I passed out drunk on the couch after work and woke up in the middle of the second. Then I took the dog for a walk and came back to see it was tied. I might have to rewatch this one.

Great to get a W.
    TBL will be TOUGH as fucking nails to beat.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Moderator Junior Division
    Zuc, was thinking the same. Particularly about the lineup, the lines, and rolling 4 effective lines.

And how about Nieves?!! Pleasantly surprised and how good he looks distributing passes to the net while streaking down the ice. He puts nice pressure on the D. Had a nice game w/o Buch on his line. That is a good sign.
    Yea, I thought they did a much better job of rolling 4. Moving Fast to the 4th makes a big difference in that regard and helps take some pressure off of Boo I think.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Looking at the game overall, guess there were times they played badly. Yet, look at the lines.

ZBK - played badly? Sounds silly, right? Zib 240 point pace night. Buch-a-beast. Respectheblue (unconsciously) stole my material. One bad shift they did have.
    Nieves,Grab,Fast - Nieves might have created the most grade A chances after Zib. They were fast and good. Fast was good. No bad. Goalie stole a few from this line.
    DD,Miller,Vesey - VC had an impact his first 3 shifts and got us a lead early. DD had a good game and had more than 1 good shift, Miller was OK, not bad
    Hayes,Zuc,Nash - least effective but still big goal for Zuc who could have had two. Hayes couple of nice plays, one bad play led to penalty shot. Nash had his worst game of the season. Lacked jump, no good moves to the net, but still solid on D.

Rolled 4/12 all game. Only 1 guy had a bad game. 1-2 others were OK

That's pretty good.

Maybe it was the D? Skjei was good. Staal pretty good, he's graded on a curve. McD was fine, not much O. Shatty typical good PP plus terrible turnover. Smith not so bad, except on Perron, that he should have been benched. Kampfer looked rusty. Overall. not terrible, but needs to improve significantly.

Hank was good, one rebound was not his fault at all. Let's cut him slack on the Penalty shot.

AV did not suck or over coach, and managed the forward group well. Coached like his job depended on it, but didn't panic.

Team came from down 2 in the final period and won going away. Didn't look shaky on the 6-5. Used the tragedy to come together and create something positive.

Not taking much bad away from tonight. Actually gives us and the team hope.

All that said....
    Prepare for shocking jolt back down to earth in Tampa. AV may have bought himself a Florida vacation, but he is still on the hot seat and probably needs a win in these next two, to avoid being smoked.
    Well they were down 4-2 after the 2nd period thanks to their uninspiring play, brutal turnovers, and poor defense. They give up odd-man rushes like they've never played hockey before and they still cannot start the fucking game without almost giving up a goal in the first minute.

Then, in the 3rd period, they got 2 goals on 3 powerplays against a Vegas team that was on its 2nd night of a back-to-back with a shit goaltender with a whopping 1 game of NHL experience.

This team still has a ton to prove at 5-on-5, their bottom-6 still struggles to contribute fucking anything, and they're playing a very dangerous style of hockey where they go down early and have to come from behind by multiple goals to compete.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Color me unimpressed. The team is a mess.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Only caught the 3rd period which was good but I'm not sold on beating an expansion team with a 4th string goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Well that's simply not true. Just "making the playoffs" is not a good enough outcome for this team anymore.
    Not all fans feel that way. I'd venture to say that most fans are happy if " their " team makes the play offs and has a chance to compete for the S.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Well they were down 4-2 after the 2nd period thanks to their uninspiring play, brutal turnovers, and poor defense. They give up odd-man rushes like they've never played hockey before and they still cannot start the fucking game without almost giving up a goal in the first minute.

Then, in the 3rd period, they got 2 goals on 3 powerplays against a Vegas team that was on its 2nd night of a back-to-back with a shit goaltender with a whopping 1 game of NHL experience.
    True, though most of the forward group played hard and made some plays. For the first time this year Nash's play was very uninspired. Miller started slow, the D certainly wasn't inspired.
    This team still has a ton to prove at 5-on-5, their bottom-6 still struggles to contribute fucking anything, and they're playing a very dangerous style of hockey where they go down early and have to come from behind by multiple goals to compete.
    Sure, and they need to come out and stayed focussed. They have a ton to prove, but they needed to start with beating Vegas last night. There was a lot of good in that game, not mostly bad. That was my point. The wins have to start somewhere. Things were desperate, newspaper says coach has 1 game left and it turned into a character win.

For those saying it is just one game ... well your a damn right. They need to build from it. We will watch and see. Tampa may spank us.

This team needs to string a group of wins together. Why would any of us be sold that this is even a playoff team? I'm not. The roster, as constructed has holes and issues. If they get swept in Florida, this will mean little and the shit will be hitting the fan.

sg3 how are Ranger fans upset? You called me out before, but I don't think you are reading. Just assuming and generalizing.

There are a bunch of us who are trying to be objective, specific and fair when we provide analysis. My above post was in response to a useless negative generalization. Now it is time to tell you and longtimefan that if everything always smells like lavender and roses, how do you know when you are standing in shit or at your daughter's wedding? Can you tell the difference?
    You called?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast