Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean Avery: The Morning Show with Boomer Esiason

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar

Sean Avery: The Morning Show with Boomer Esiason

Sean Avery was on the Boomer Esiason show today I haven't had a chance to listen.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/th...oomer-esiason/
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Sean Avery was on the Boomer Esiason show today I haven't had a chance to listen.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/th...oomer-esiason/
    dude is funny.....he's been making the rounds. he was on with Sid Rosenberg on Friday. XM Radio this AM. Apparently he signed 15 copies at Barnes and Nobles 5th Avenue today.

When you do listen, did it sound like he doesnt like Nash too much that he said the Rangers should trade him right now?
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 10-30-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Senior Member Squirt Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Partly through his book. Obviously from his point of view but an entertaining read nonetheless.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Finished the book yesterday. If the shit he says about Torts is true, Torts is a fucking scumbag then.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Sean is entertaining

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Finished the book yesterday. If the shit he says about Torts is true, Torts is a fucking scumbag then.
    Can you elaborate on what he said?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Two douches in the same room must not have mixed well

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Two douches in the same room must not have mixed well

Torts is still a douche. Plays Milano all of 7 of 65 minutes(1 assist and +1) last night but does put him in the 3rd and ultimately unsuccessful shootout slot last night. So for a negative guy he barely plays a young offense-oriented kid and still gets to in part pull the "see, I told ya!" blame game on him.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    What did he say? It would be interesting to know just because it could be a pot calling the kettle black situation. I know some of the shit that's come out of Avery's mouth. Some funny, some ehhh, some completely over the line. It's one thing to chirp a guy, it's another to go to bad places.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Avery talked a lot about Torts skipping the Boogaard funeral, during his book tour

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    At the end of the day, I find it hypocritical that Avery is questioning others character.

He comes off as a spoiled bitch too often in the book. Maybe he should stick with mocking the homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    At the end of the day, I find it hypocritical that Avery is questioning others character.

He comes off as a spoiled bitch too often in the book. Maybe he should stick with mocking the homeless

He goes waaaayyyy beyond mocking the homeless. That's choir boy shit compared to other shit he's spewed.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    He goes waaaayyyy beyond mocking the homeless. That's choir boy shit compared to other shit he's spewed.
    Agreed

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Avery talked a lot about Torts skipping the Boogaard funeral, during his book tour
    Heard 2nd hand from a friend who read it Avery's book blames Tortorella for Boogard's suicide because after he got hurt he made Boogard practice by himself, thereby isolating him from his teammates. In fairness even if that was true looks like sadly Boogard was deep into substance abuse well before he ever got here. A hockey team is a workplace and how much really can a coach do in a situation like that?

That's a load of shit. Injured players practice by themselves every day. When concussed players are cleared, they frequently skate with just 1 or 2 guys out there, or even alone. Blaming a coach for a player's suicide is a fuckin joke. This guy was on pain killers waaaayyy before he came to NY. His fuckin brother got pinched for selling them for Christ's sake. He also overdosed in MN after the season was over.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Boogaard had a history of concussions and drug & alcohol abuse. Not a great combo.

One of those situations where everyone should have done more.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    That's a load of shit. Injured players practice by themselves every day. When concussed players are cleared, they frequently skate with just 1 or 2 guys out there, or even alone. Blaming a coach for a player's suicide is a fuckin joke. This guy was on pain killers waaaayyy before he came to NY. His fuckin brother got pinched for selling them for Christ's sake. He also overdosed in MN after the season was over.
    I read Boogard's book and I don't even remember it mentioning Torts and he was clean either when he left the Rangers or right after he left. His OD came after he had been sober for a while.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    I was debating about getting Averyís book but now I think Iíll decide against it.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Boogaard had a history of concussions and drug & alcohol abuse. Not a great combo.

One of those situations where everyone should have done more.
    From first hand experience, you can't blame anyone for not doing more. When a person doesn't want help, they're gone. You can go to the end of the world to get them clean, but it's not going to matter once they're in that dark place. My sister in-law (wife's sister that I've known for 30+ years) wanted a baby for the longest time. She finally got pregnant. She went into depression, and no one could help her. She was always a weekend warrior, but NEVER touched heroin or oxy's. She got her hands on some, before you know it she was shooting up. She went to jail, twice. I bailed her out, twice. We got her help, it didn't matter. She died one night and was brought back to life with narcan. I went to the hospital the next day and she told me she didn't do any drugs and she doesn't know what happened. I called my wife from the car and told her that her sister is gonna die soon, she was in complete denial. 1 month later we buried her. 41 years old, beautiful girl with a beautiful 2 year old girl that we now take care of 2-3 days a week (she's 5 now, love her to death). So blaming anyone is a load of shit, especially blaming a coach. Sadly, Boogaard was gone long before his OD, and long before he was a Ranger.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I read Boogard's book and I don't even remember it mentioning Torts and he was clean either when he left the Rangers or right after he left. His OD came after he had been sober for a while.
    In connection with my post above, my sister in-law was clean for a while too. When they decide to go back, they start out doing the same dosages they were taking right before they got clean. The body isn't used to those amounts anymore, but the mind doesn't know it. 1 relapse mistake and it's all over. Boogaard was no different than she was. Same exact path.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast