Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alain Vigneault May Have One Game Left

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

Alain Vigneault May Have One Game Left

There is considerable chatter circulating within the industry that Tuesday night’s match at the Garden against Vegas could be determinative for coach Alain Vigneault, whose Rangers slipped to 3-7-2 with Saturday night’s 5-4 defeat in Montreal that featured another distressing, no-show first period.
    Wonder if they would do any better under Ruff..

http://nypost.com/2017/10/29/alain-v...one-game-left/

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Damn, beat me by a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Wonder if they would do any better under Ruff..

http://nypost.com/2017/10/29/alain-v...one-game-left/
    Better? Can't be any worse. I'd say give it a try and if they go belly up unload before the deadline.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    I guess the fans weren't crazy after all.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Not sure how you come back from this precipice. If he wins against Vegas, but loses against Tampa, you're basically at the same point but with 2 less games to work with. They can't just sit on their hands here.

Not sure what they expect to glean from the Vegas game that will save AV his job.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Yeah, Brooks basically says it's over. It's just a matter of when now, not if.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Teams don't just do a full-sale coaching staff change mid-season, so it's gotta be either Ruff, Arniel, or Keith McCambridge in Hartford. Odds are against McCambridge since he just started in Hartford this season.

So Ruff or Arniel, and neither really give me much hope for turning this all around - especially Ruff. His Dallas team was full of holes defensively and his body of work with the Rangers thus far is not encouraging.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    No chance on McCambridge. It's clearly Ruff, IMO, and even he is probably (hopefully) a one-year ride. Even Brooks speaks to this in the article:

One would think the Rangers would be responsive to Ruff, who probably won’t be as civil with his players as Vigneault. This would make sense on an interim basis. But the next long-term hire must be an individual whose strengths are in teaching, developing, communicating with and empowering young players. That’s the future of this league.
    If McCambridge makes huge strides, he'll be considered by the Draft, but my guess is it's someone off board — NCAA or otherwise.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    A serious question...

Can anyone think of an occasion where a coach was close to being fired, then recovered to be a success? I appreciate AV had success prior to this season, but post being fired conversations. The only one I can think of is Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. Other than that I'm pretty stumped.

What I'm getting at though is not many probably. The writing is on the wall so just do it already and move forward.

Maybe Bruce Boudreau in Anaheim when they started 1-7-2 in 2015. They rallied to win the division, but lost in the first round. Boudreau was fired after that.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    I’m amazed to be siding with uncle Larry here, but I’m hoping ruff is here in an interim basis and that management goes after a coach who knows how to coach young players.

Would hate to see guys like Chytil, DeAngelo, Pionk, Andersson etc not be given the best chance to succeed.

Senior Member Squirt Division pws85nyr's Avatar

Alain Vigneault May Have One Game Left

In my head I have the Denver coach that turned down a number of jobs this summer apparently. Jim Montgomery. Not that I know much about him, but he seems to be highly recommended. But that would be an end of season appointment.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Larry Brooks? That Larry Brooks? Does anyone know where he gets his info?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mistercosmic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Larry Brooks? That Larry Brooks? Does anyone know where he gets his info?
    Dan Boyle?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    When Pittsburgh replaced Johnston with Sullivan in 2015. December of 2015, Sullivan was their AHL HC at the time. He brought guys up when he took over, because he coached them and saw them first hand. Maybe McCambridge will be the guy. After all he was a Gorton, Drury , etc.—new regime pick.

Then maybe after the season JJ Daignault will be the guy.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by pws85nyr View Post
    A serious question...

Can anyone think of an occasion where a coach was close to being fired, then recovered to be a success? I appreciate AV had success prior to this season, but post being fired conversations. The only one I can think of is Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. Other than that I'm pretty stumped.

What I'm getting at though is not many probably. The writing is on the wall so just do it already and move forward.

Terry Collins with the Mets last season (not this current one) and the season prior. Happens all the time.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Translation. He has until Thanksgiving.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Translation. He has until Thanksgiving.
    Think this is closer to reality. Giving AV about 20 or so games is more than enough.And a big part is if you can him, do you go Ruff, or Mccambridge or somebody else. You have to have a plan as to who is next.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Rangers give Torts an extension, they fire him.
    Rangers give AV an extension, ____ ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Ideally, I'd like mid to minor deal now. Give until thanksgiving or mid Dec, based on team. At that point, if still struggling, make a coaching change. Depending on team at deadline, blow it up. (Mine doesn't include trading Henrik, maybe McDonagh, though) trades must be based off returns, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast