Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Must Find Fire Through Trade

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Give me a realistic trade that makes the team better, and I'd trade my mother. It's not about Kreider, it's about how it improves the team now and in the future. Kreider doesn't cost much and lead the team in goals. How is Rousell, Galchenyuk, or Maroon make the Rangers better? Throw in Benn, Pacioretty, and Hopkins, and I'm all for it. Lol
    Phil, read your whole article and thought the same thing. The word Mikey used in his first post [waxed], said it perfectly.

Let's hold up on trading Kreider for the current perceived need for 'grit' and energy, eventually those guys can be found for cheap pieces. He has a unique set of attributes and is a fast power forward, a pretty rare bird. Save Kreids for landing a high level player. Besides he had two decent games, maybe he can get hot and increase his value.

Beyond Kreids, what is it you are trying to do? Are you trying to add an energy guy cause we need a shakeup and look lackluster at times? At points, it sounded like you wanted a real impact though and talked about a blockbuster.

Let's look at the targets you mentioned:
    Roussel, I've liked aspects of his game and thought he'd be a perfect replacement for Prust. Yet, he just put up his first point of the year playing with good linemates. He has problems taking bad penalties in the Carcillo mode. If mgmt and coaches want a guy like this now, i guess he's a fine choice if it cost a 3rd or 4th. However, isn't this role we fill in after we have better scoring, defending and goaltending?

Same for Maroon and Lucic - Lucic is a selfish dumb descending player. This week McKenzie called out Chiarelli as a fool for bringing in his high priced selfish ass and attributed a recent loss to his insistence to score an empty netter and ice the puck twice. Maroon is like Martin, a 4th liner with the special role of getting in front of the net for McDavid. His 5 on 5 points would be paltry if he played the 3rd or 4th line role he should. We don't really want any of these guys.

Galchenyuk - did you not get my scoop last week. (Don't worry only Josh and a few others read my shit and I purposely buried it) Well it was validated 3 days ago by Mario Tremblay, the former Habs star and now announcer. He uncouthly revealed that Galy was dealing with Opioid abuse. So, not only is he struggling, struggling more at center, has looked disinterested and is unwilling to play D, but he has other serious issues. Mgmt has tried to trade him AT A DISCOUNT and still no takers. Everybody knows the deal now.

RNH - totally different trade and someone who actually has real value. Your looking at a #2C (3C when because of Leon) who has become their goto D center who plays against opponent's top lines. Not only would he be a fit here because of need, but he also brings very good speed, plays 200' and would free up Hayes for more offensive situations. This is a player who could actually fill a need plus improve the team around him. This is the kind of trade the Ranger's should consider. He is going to cost a lot more than the others you mentioned. Maybe not Kreids, but Edm wants scoring and D. DeAngelo could be part of a package, if they are interested. If Chiarelli changes his mind and considers moving RNH, Gorton should be on the phone.

Phil, I'll stand by my suggestion for a blockbuster with Toronto who is getting desperate for D. McD for Marner or Nylander. It changes the team makeup by opening up a huge hole and filling an even larger hole. Yet, it does wonders for our future and adds life to this team. We get younger, faster, more explosive and it solves the impending UFA conundrum.

Other specific ideas in line with my thinking. Kreids, Desharnais, and DeAngelo for Manson and Rakell. Sub Miller for Kreids? Sub Gropp or another prospect for Desharnais? Just Kreids for Manson and top prospect if we make the McD trade with Toronto?

Dude suggested DeAngelo and Vesey for Duchesne. We'd have to replace Vesey with Miller or Kreids , but I'd consider it. Unfortunately they'd probably want at least a second if not a first.

You want Shaw? If Montreal continues to tank and we can string a few wins together... let's do Shaw and Byron for DeAngelo, Gropp and another prospect.

That's all I got for ya.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-29-2017 at 09:45 PM.

For a simple addition why not just get our 3C back from Vegas. I listened to Gerard Gallant, during the pregame, say he was putting Haula on the line with Tuch and Lindberg because they play fast and that Oscar is not only outstanding defensively, but has a very complete all around game that has impressed him.

With Vegas leading Colorado 1-0 in the second, Oscar's 4th of the season was a thing of beauty. Lindberg turned D into O. The Vegas Sun wrote a whole article about it calling it "the single most impressive goal of the Golden Knights' season" and "spectacular." Here's the article and video. Love the multiple video angles when you scroll down, but also real clear HD vid is on NHL.com.

As with a RNH, Oscar gives us the C we need to free up Hayes for more offense. His minutes and PK responsibilities are picking up. Desharnais just can't do this and I'm worried that he is too limited a player for a top team as well as if he can handle the tough checking of the playoffs. Which may not be a worry if we keep playing Desharnais as our #2 offensive C.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-29-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    i hated losing lindberg.

this team will be up and down all year. we need to be sellers at the deadline and retool. we really are in dire need of a top tier player. i have no clue how to pull it off though.

everyone is on the table in my mind. Even krieds for the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i hated losing lindberg.

this team will be up and down all year. we need to be sellers at the deadline and retool. we really are in dire need of a top tier player. i have no clue how to pull it off though.

everyone is on the table in my mind. Even krieds for the right deal.
    As constructed that is probably the best we can expect. I'm willing to give the team another month, if we see some good signs and wins. Or if there is a new coach or a nice move.

As for the roster, you're exactly right. Anyone but Skjei, Chytil and Shesty. All potential 1C, 1D, 1G. All others are available, if it means we improve the future.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-30-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Moderator Junior Division
    I'm sick of hearing about Lindberg, tbh. He's got 0 assists and has 4 goals while shooting 28%.

We don't miss him and he wouldn't solve anything.

Senior Member Junior Division
    @TSNSimmer
    Schoenfeld, Leger, Sather, & Risebrough from NYR all here tonight. Very rare to have senior staff at one game. @TSN1200 @TSN690
    Scouting the MTL/OTT game

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Who can we get from either of those teams?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Galchenyuk...

If we could get Galchenyuk and MTL's 1st for Kreider, one of our D prospects, Gropp, and a later round pick I'd be all about it.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Who can we get from either of those teams?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Brassard.

Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Phil, read your whole article and thought the same thing. The word Mikey used in his first post [waxed], said it perfectly.

Let's hold up on trading Kreider for the current perceived need for 'grit' and energy, eventually those guys can be found for cheap pieces. He has a unique set of attributes and is a fast power forward, a pretty rare bird. Save Kreids for landing a high level player. Besides he had two decent games, maybe he can get hot and increase his value.

Beyond Kreids, what is it you are trying to do? Are you trying to add an energy guy cause we need a shakeup and look lackluster at times? At points, it sounded like you wanted a real impact though and talked about a blockbuster.

Let's look at the targets you mentioned:
    Roussel, I've liked aspects of his game and thought he'd be a perfect replacement for Prust. Yet, he just put up his first point of the year playing with good linemates. He has problems taking bad penalties in the Carcillo mode. If mgmt and coaches want a guy like this now, i guess he's a fine choice if it cost a 3rd or 4th. However, isn't this role we fill in after we have better scoring, defending and goaltending?

Same for Maroon and Lucic - Lucic is a selfish dumb descending player. This week McKenzie called out Chiarelli as a fool for bringing in his high priced selfish ass and attributed a recent loss to his insistence to score an empty netter and ice the puck twice. Maroon is like Martin, a 4th liner with the special role of getting in front of the net for McDavid. His 5 on 5 points would be paltry if he played the 3rd or 4th line role he should. We don't really want any of these guys.

Galchenyuk - did you not get my scoop last week. (Don't worry only Josh and a few others read my shit and I purposely buried it) Well it was validated 3 days ago by Mario Tremblay, the former Habs star and now announcer. He uncouthly revealed that Galy was dealing with Opioid abuse. So, not only is he struggling, struggling more at center, has looked disinterested and is unwilling to play D, but he has other serious issues. Mgmt has tried to trade him AT A DISCOUNT and still no takers. Everybody knows the deal now.

RNH - totally different trade and someone who actually has real value. Your looking at a #2C (3C when because of Leon) who has become their goto D center who plays against opponent's top lines. Not only would he be a fit here because of need, but he also brings very good speed, plays 200' and would free up Hayes for more offensive situations. This is a player who could actually fill a need plus improve the team around him. This is the kind of trade the Ranger's should consider. He is going to cost a lot more than the others you mentioned. Maybe not Kreids, but Edm wants scoring and D. DeAngelo could be part of a package, if they are interested. If Chiarelli changes his mind and considers moving RNH, Gorton should be on the phone.

Phil, I'll stand by my suggestion for a blockbuster with Toronto who is getting desperate for D. McD for Marner or Nylander. It changes the team makeup by opening up a huge hole and filling an even larger hole. Yet, it does wonders for our future and adds life to this team. We get younger, faster, more explosive and it solves the impending UFA conundrum.

Other specific ideas in line with my thinking. Kreids, Desharnais, and DeAngelo for Manson and Rakell. Sub Miller for Kreids? Sub Gropp or another prospect for Desharnais? Just Kreids for Manson and top prospect if we make the McD trade with Toronto?

Dude suggested DeAngelo and Vesey for Duchesne. We'd have to replace Vesey with Miller or Kreids , but I'd consider it. Unfortunately they'd probably want at least a second if not a first.

You want Shaw? If Montreal continues to tank and we can string a few wins together... let's do Shaw and Byron for DeAngelo, Gropp and another prospect.

That's all I got for ya.
    I either didn't write it well, or you missed my meaning, because I wasn't literally suggesting every name included in the article. The ones I was looking at directly were Roussel and Shaw. I mentioned Lucic as part of the Oilers' depth and specifically referenced the six years he has left as a means of excusing him as an option. Glachenyuk was also not pined for specifically, only mentioned as a means of flirting with the Renaud Lavoie-lead chatter about a deal. I'm also not suggesting RNH. Again, I mentioned him as helping to fill the hole at center left by Stepan, but failing to provide the fire the Rangers appear to be lacking.

The one option I'm realizing I didnt' account for that I probably should have is Lettieri.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Imagine CBJ will never do a deal with NYR again, and I admit that knowing Sonny Milano's family(though not him) clouds my judgment here. But after scoring 5 goals in roughly the first 5 minutes, he has had a total of 9 minutes of ice time over the last 2 games. Dubinsky-inexplicably-is in Torts' doghouse.Not saying it could happen and given the division thing probably won't. But if you're looking for a gritty center who despite being old liked playing here and has some gas still in his tank and a young speedy offense wing, could do no better.

Lucic? Jesus H Fucking Christ on a pony.

Again, I never suggested trading for Lucic.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'm sick of hearing about Lindberg, tbh. He's got 0 assists and has 4 goals while shooting 28%.

We don't miss him and he wouldn't solve anything.
    Hey Future, you have to be talking about me. Pfffft.

Yeah yeah, we need a topline gamebreaker and a top 4 RHD that can actually shutdown top lines, play fast and add to the attack. Those are big trades. A lot of this discussion was about an add to the 3rd or 4th line. So the kind of elixir you seek isn't in this discussion.

Lindberg is no savior but he's second on their team in goals. He'd be 2nd here. His coach is raving about his all around game. Putting the kids with him. Giving him important D assignments and they are 8-1. What did you want from him so far. What the fuck did Lindberg do to you? The guy goes all out and is tough and cheap. He excelled in Sweden, Hartford and the Rangers, including in the most recent playoffs. Always exceeds expectations and seems to still have upside.

There is one team in the league that is openly willing to trade their better players, Vegas. It's the preapproved tank. They have a few C's, but Lindberg is an affordable low cost fit. He'll give more offensive opportunities to Zib and Hayes, w/ d zone starts. Wins faceoffs. Improves Fast and Grabs game too.

He'll probably be a Pen in months. If we lose a few more, I won't care. Might as well be sellers.

And it is not just about Lindberg Guys up and down the lineup can give the team an advantage. Take away Stralman, Hags and Lindberg and the team is not as dangerous OR defensively responsible. Don't replace Step and we don't have the great depth to make up for not having top-tier topline talent. This is the NHL, the whole roster matters.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Again, I never suggested trading for Lucic.

I don't think I'd give up one of out top guys for him (kreider, Miller, Hayes), maybe a Vesey, or Grabner, if Edmonton eats some cap or takes Staal.

I want nothing to do with Lucic. He has six years left. Even at half the cost, it's just too much term. He's already 29. A 34, 35-year old Lucic is gonna be a lemon.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    at least he's a body, compared to the constant buy outs you guys are peddling.

And as you've always said "yeah, but at the end of the contract, all 4th liners will be getting 6m. It will be a steal!"

At least the guy brings some heart and soul. This team is desperately lacking that.

What buyouts? And when have I ever said that about fourth-liners?

I'm aware they lack it. That's why I wrote this piece talking about acquiring it.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Hey Future, you have to be talking about me. Pfffft.

Yeah yeah, we need a topline gamebreaker and a top 4 RHD that can actually shutdown top lines, play fast and add to the attack. Those are big trades. A lot of this discussion was about an add to the 3rd or 4th line. So the kind of elixir you seek isn't in this discussion.

Lindberg is no savior but he's second on their team in goals. He'd be 2nd here. His coach is raving about his all around game. Putting the kids with him. Giving him important D assignments and they are 8-1. What did you want from him so far. What the fuck did Lindberg do to you? The guy goes all out and is tough and cheap. He excelled in Sweden, Hartford and the Rangers, including in the most recent playoffs. Always exceeds expectations and seems to still have upside.

There is one team in the league that is openly willing to trade their better players, Vegas. It's the preapproved tank. They have a few C's, but Lindberg is an affordable low cost fit. He'll give more offensive opportunities to Zib and Hayes, w/ d zone starts. Wins faceoffs. Improves Fast and Grabs game too.

He'll probably be a Pen in months. If we lose a few more, I won't care. Might as well be sellers.

And it is not just about Lindberg Guys up and down the lineup can give the team an advantage. Take away Stralman, Hags and Lindberg and the team is not as dangerous OR defensively responsible. Don't replace Step and we don't have the great depth to make up for not having top-tier topline talent. This is the NHL, the whole roster matters.
    Lol, not just towards you. You're not the only one in the NYR world who has said it.

Dead horse, but I think you're just really overstating Lindberg. Being second on the team in goals is nice, but he's 11th in shots. He's not going to shoot 28% all year. He doesn't really do anything that DD doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Lol, not just towards you. You're not the only one in the NYR world who has said it.

Dead horse, but I think you're just really overstating Lindberg. Being second on the team in goals is nice, but he's 11th in shots. He's not going to shoot 28% all year. He doesn't really do anything that DD doesn't.
    Haha, sure he does. He plays DEFENSE. Can PK and take D starts instead of our other C's. He takes the body in front and along the boards. He's better in his own zone. Better forechecker, tougher and can handle the tight checking, in the playoffs. I'm afraid DD may melt in the playoffs. Younger, more versatile and better fit.

Lindberg aside, I'm still not sold that DD has turned it around. Montreal and their fans could not wait to get rid of him. I could be wrong, but he seems like a nice 12/13th F to me and a 4C if Nieves slows down or gets another concussion. I want to see if he can put together some sustained offense in the next 10 games.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-31-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12