Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Must Find Fire Through Trade

Junior Member ClearedForContact's Avatar

Rangers Must Find Fire Through Trade

The Blueshirts’ lack of motivation was most recently on display during the first period in which they put themselves in a 3-0 hole before the buzzer. They were only able to muster two shots on goal in that time versus a whopping 19 from the Canadiens. It wasn’t until the second period when the group began to compete and apply themselves in an attempt to salvage the game that had gotten away from them, ultimately failing to do so. This has been a theme for the Rangers throughout the season thus far, as they have found themselves trailing to start the game seven times.

“When someone questions your effort level and compete, it’s not a good feeling,” captain Ryan McDonagh said. “You want to prove it to yourself and prove it as a group that that’s not what we’re about, that’s not acceptable, that’s not who we are.”

My colleague, Dave Rogers, has suggested that a coaching change is in order, but TSN’s Bob McKenzie noted that at the moment, a trade seems more likely than a change behind the bench. So be it.

Blockbuster trades are a rare occurrence this early in the season. This is likely due to a combination of teams believing they have more time left to sort out their problems than they actually have and an unwillingness to take an early bite out of their salary cap that, thanks to its prorating nature, naturally builds as the year advances toward the trading deadline. The Rangers, however, are in need of some impact if they still have any hopes of making the playoffs this season. A failure to act soon could quickly land them on the sellers' side of the market this February.

Read more

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Why are we trading Kreider in every deal? He was their leading goal scorer and 4th in points.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    We're not. I don't even want to trade him. But he's easily the kind of player who can grease the wheels on a potential trade right out of the gate.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Why are we trading Kreider in every deal? He was their leading goal scorer and 4th in points.
    He's a player with significant value given his performance and extremely reasonable cap hit. The Rangers don't have many of those players.

But that's also a huge reason not to trade him LOL

If they trade Kreider for a Rousell, Galchenyuk, or Maroon, that would be atrocious. You're getting waxed on every deal. It's making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Any of those 3 moves are below lateral.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Who to trade if not Kreider? We've got a surplus of wingers, and we can't lose our younger ones. We need C and D too. Trade Lundy?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Who to trade if not Kreider? We've got a surplus of wingers, and we can't lose our younger ones. We need C and D too. Trade Lundy?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Give me a realistic trade that makes the team better, and I'd trade my mother. It's not about Kreider, it's about how it improves the team now and in the future. Kreider doesn't cost much and lead the team in goals. How is Rousell, Galchenyuk, or Maroon make the Rangers better? Throw in Benn, Pacioretty, and Hopkins, and I'm all for it. Lol
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    If they trade Kreider for a Rousell, Galchenyuk, or Maroon, that would be atrocious. You're getting waxed on every deal. It's making a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Any of those 3 moves are below lateral.
    Roussel and Shaw were both mentioned as part of larger packages, not one-for-one deals.

Maroon I also noted would be lateral in the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Roussel and Shaw were both mentioned as part of larger packages, not one-for-one deals.

Maroon I also noted would be lateral in the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    What are the packages ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Junior Division
    LOL, I mentioned both Shaw and Rousell in recent threads. I think to get Shaw they are going to have to deal a prospect... A good one. Maybe like I suggested, DeAngelo.

Right now DeAngelo is the guy I dangle as trade bait. Tie Kreider to him and we are taking blockbuster. Or Vesey.

Could Vesey and DeAngelo land them Duchene?

Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Yet to read one article from this guy that actually has any basis other than blather to it. It's like a high school newspaper editorial. Ridiculous. Why not just trade hank for roussel? According to this guy Dallas wants hank so wouldn't that make sense. Either way it's an article that I could have written because other than quoting actual nhl reporters it has no factual basis at all. There are no sources no anything. It's a complete waste of time.
    Last edited by Fatfrancesa; 10-29-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Yet to read one article from this guy that actually has any basis other than blather to it. It's like a high school newspaper editorial. Ridiculous. Why not just trade hank for roussel? According to this guy Dallas wants hank so wouldn't threat make sense. Either way it's an article that I could have written because other than quoting actual nhl reporters it has no factual basis at all. There are no sources no anything. It's a complete waste of time.
    You do realize that that writer is the guy who runs these boards... Right? Cleared for contact is affiliated with BSBH. Where does it say Dallas wants Lundqvist?

Seems like a piece to generate talk about trade ideas. That's how it works.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    We're not. I don't even want to trade him.
    Me neither, and I doubt we'd get true value back.
    I understand he frustrates people, but I think that's symptomatic of looking more at what's missing, than what he has delivered over time.
    He never seems to get credit for all the screens he sets that result in a goal, but not an assist.

Also underestimated in a trade for prospects are the many years of development a team like NYR has invested in helping Kreider.

Dudes like him don't grow on trees and if they do, the trees that bear the fruti as it were take some time to grow.

Some kinda random computer generated comparisons, but mostly to say it's a huge decision to move a player like Kreider —*I fully expect him to rebound to his normal production as I do quite a few other players. I'm just on the fence about what's ailing the team psychologically at the moment, and what can be done about it. Blowing the mid-career/young and valuable core up is not the answer to me.
    Figuring out what to do about our imminent UFAs and McDonagh are questions that will become more pressing come February.
    There's so much river to flow under the bridge before then.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...l#all_sim_thru

I'm so far away from being ready to pull the trigger on any such deal, personally.

But he's easily the kind of player who can grease the wheels on a potential trade right out of the gate.[/QUOTE]
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Yet to read one article from this guy that actually has any basis other than blather to it. It's like a high school newspaper editorial. Ridiculous. Why not just trade hank for roussel? According to this guy Dallas wants hank so wouldn't that make sense. Either way it's an article that I could have written because other than quoting actual nhl reporters it has no factual basis at all. There are no sources no anything. It's a complete waste of time.
    It's a blog that is used to start threads. Don't put weight into it thinking it's anything more than that. If there were rumors, quotes, sources, etc ... they would be properly acknowledged by the writer, thread starter, or poster. It's just something to discuss. No one is claiming validity on the topic, just ideas as to why/why not it's a good idea.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Member Mite Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    So why not just start a new thread and start a discussion? I didn't realize who he is nor do I really care. Why not start a discussion about obtaining mcdavid or bringing messier out of retirement? It's the same thing, it's all based upon fantasy. When you post it as an article it doesn't come across as just another idiot like myself ranting or dreaming. It comes across like it could have merit.
    Dallas wanting henrik is in his other article for whoever asked.

Let's start a new topic:

Could the rangers hire al arbour? He'd be perfect. They could dig him up and hire him. I'm sure he would come back to life for another opportunity. Would his success as an islander be a problem though? let's discuss

No one is claiming anything written in the blog is true. There are plenty of threads without the blog that are based off of ideas to discuss whether or not it could/would help the team.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    The point of the article is lay out a few options to spark discussion. That's what we do on forums - discuss shit.

No one knows anything for sure unless they're in the room with Gorton himself. Anything else is rumor and conjecture. Meanwhile this article uses the already relayed rumors from people like McKenzie and Friedman as a spring board to set up a few options. That's what fans do - speculate on what the media shares with us and try to play armchair GM.

So, with that said and presumably understood, I'll ask you bring a bit more to the table here than wonder why the article/blog post/whatever-you-want-to-call-it exists in the first place.

Senior Member Midget Division
    It's a good article, but I don't really see this team as buyers this year.

Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    P.S. I talked to the Long Island Medium. She said Al Arbour isn't interested.

Sent from my VS501 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    You trade late picks and prospects for these guys, not our 1st liners.

Nash, Grabner and even Holden will get some picks and prospects at the end of the season.

Would need a significant overpayment for Kreider, Miller or Hayes, IMO. And you'll get more at the deadline when teams will bid for a shot at the cup. That's too far off at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast