• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fantasy Football Super Flex

Not really, it just adds to the pool of talent that you can take. Not saying one way is right or wrong but it's certainly different. This could make the later rounds less boring at the draft too.

Depending on scoring, if you get, say Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in rounds 1 and 2 you're going to have not only an advantage at two positions in the lineup almost every week but probably the two highest scorers. You can't counter that with Eli Manning and Jameis Winston. If a guy picks #1 overall, he HAS to take a QB. Otherwise, all the good ones will be gone by the time your second round pick comes. Unless everyone in the league is dumb, and you can take Zeke and follow that up with Brady and Rodgers and never lose.

Right now, in standard scoring, 18 of the top 25 scorers are QBs. If you can play two of the top 25 scorers AND give yourself an advantage over your opponent every week, of course you're going to take QBs early. I've been in a QB Flex league for a long time and that's exactly how it goes. The draft is the same every year - 15 quarterbacks, minimum, are gone in the first 3 rounds. Your normal first-round picks are scattered in throughout.

Flexing a QB is probably the worst way to play. It means that you HAVE to take quarterbacks early because if you don't have two good ones, you're going to lose every week.

It actually adjusts the ADP of the players so the draft is really true to a ranking on points. It forces you to treat QBs the same way you would treat a WR/RB which makes it a lot of fun

Depending on scoring, if you get, say Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in rounds 1 and 2 you're going to have not only an advantage at two positions in the lineup almost every week but probably the two highest scorers. You can't counter that with Eli Manning and Jameis Winston. If a guy picks #1 overall, he HAS to take a QB. Otherwise, all the good ones will be gone by the time your second round pick comes. Unless everyone in the league is dumb, and you can take Zeke and follow that up with Brady and Rodgers and never lose.

Right now, in standard scoring, 18 of the top 25 scorers are QBs. If you can play two of the top 25 scorers AND give yourself an advantage over your opponent every week, of course you're going to take QBs early. I've been in a QB Flex league for a long time and that's exactly how it goes. The draft is the same every year - 15 quarterbacks, minimum, are gone in the first 3 rounds. Your normal first-round picks are scattered in throughout.

You need to pair it with other scoring systems

We do PPR with QBs getting 4 points per TD, and 1 point per 30 yards

The end of season top 10 always have a great mix of different positions

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm reviving this thread because I need a place to shit-talk and rosterbate.

I'm going to fucking destroy my league. Auction draft left me with 2 1st round RBs (Cook and CEH) and two more that should start right away (Akers and Gibson), alongside Dobbins.

I'm solid everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
wow. Team Dr. who punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung with a pain killer shot to the ribs prior to last weeks game has quite a history.

That's not the Chargers doctor that punctured the lung, that is the history of the teams old doctor, David Chao. This current doctor should get a raise for forcing Anthony Lynn to go to Herbert sooner.