View Poll Results: When will AV be fired?

Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • october

5 20.00%
  • november

12 48.00%
  • december

3 12.00%
  • january

0 0%
  • february

0 0%
  • march

0 0%
  • april

2 8.00%
  • won’t be fired

3 12.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Will AV Get Fired?

Junior Member Mite Division ASH1962's Avatar
    I think the GM is equally, if not more culpable for this shit storm as the HC. He traded the teams leader and best C for 2 draft picks and picked garbage with them as these 2 guys are nowhere to be found. He gave Shattenkirk, a slow older D man a 4 year deal. this league is about speed and we have none. We are a slow team now with no scoring punch and crappy Defense. The coach can only coach the players he is given, why must he always take the fall? Get a real GM in here who knows how to build a team.

Would anyone like JD to be our GM? How much fun would that be? Just a fantasy, I know he is not available..

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH1962 View Post
    I think the GM is equally, if not more culpable for this shit storm as the HC. He traded the teams leader and best C for 2 draft picks and picked garbage with them as these 2 guys are nowhere to be found. He gave Shattenkirk, a slow older D man a 4 year deal. this league is about speed and we have none. We are a slow team now with no scoring punch and crappy Defense. The coach can only coach the players he is given, why must he always take the fall? Get a real GM in here who knows how to build a team.

Would anyone like JD to be our GM? How much fun would that be? Just a fantasy, I know he is not available..
    slow?
    Stepan's NTC was going to kick in and then he would have been untradeable.
    Shattenkirk old? He's 28

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Actually our current GM has been great lol. He's clearly aware that the team is poor and the Stepan trade was a move in an attempt to make sure it's poor for less time, which will ultimately be successful once Chytil and Lias come of age. He sold high on a guy who was only going to regress. If only we had that foresight for the past five years as opposed to only this summer haha.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    This is a player issue, not a coach issue.
    Changing the coach doesn't change that. We've complained about those things since Trots. As in Trottier.

Team is in a much bigger need for a bottom 6 vet with toughness and leadership.
    The players seem to only be motivated by the hole they keep digging for themselves each game. AV's system only seems to work once the team they're facing is sitting back to protect their comfortable lead. Then it's a matter of do the Rangers finish their chances to make it closer or do they get countered like last night.

If the system worked, it should work from the drop of the puck, but it seems like other coaches have determined ways to exploit AV's system and then sit back and enjoy their win.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    The players seem to only be motivated by the hole they keep digging for themselves each game. AV's system only seems to work once the team they're facing is sitting back to protect their comfortable lead. Then it's a matter of do the Rangers finish their chances to make it closer or do they get countered like last night.

If the system worked, it should work from the drop of the puck, but it seems like other coaches have determined ways to exploit AV's system and then sit back and enjoy their win.
    The second part of my post will help them with the first part of my post.
    Its a locker room thing.

As for your second part, thats a whole lot of assuming. Again, the Rangers have played the system and been the dominate team for a period or more in almost every game they have played. They can, and have, played the system and were very effective in doing so. Playing the whole game, or coming out motivated... to put that all on the coach is ignoring major lockerrom issues.

Senior Member Midget Division
    i dont think he gets canned. he got a lot out of this group. they are trying to retool on the fly. nothing wrong with taking a step back here. hanks too old, we don't have a premier player and there is a lot of youth that needs to be incorporated.

he has not lost the room. as long as that does not happen, he stays.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    The one thing I do fear, Tortorell and Renney both got a big say in the roster/roster move prior to dismissal. Tortorella with Avery and Gaborik being shipped out to make room for 4th line bangers, and Renney removing personality for blandness.

I'd hate to see AV influence a move that would mean ridding the team of a guy like Buchnevich.
    Even with this poor start, I do like a lot of the roster, there might be one or 2 guys I'd quickly get ridZ of (besides Crackedskull and the old guy that doesn't play) but I think I'm the only one who... apparently, undervalues them.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I think AV is gone if we lose either of the next two games against MTL or AZ. but if we win those two, he gets granted a stay of execution for the time being. Of the next 5 games, I'd say we need 6-7 points to save his job, so long as the points we drop don't come in the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The one thing I do fear, Tortorell and Renney both got a big say in the roster/roster move prior to dismissal. Tortorella with Avery and Gaborik being shipped out to make room for 4th line bangers, and Renney removing personality for blandness.

I'd hate to see AV influence a move that would mean ridding the team of a guy like Buchnevich.
    Even with this poor start, I do like a lot of the roster, there might be one or 2 guys I'd quickly get ridZ of (besides Crackedskull and the old guy that doesn't play) but I think I'm the only one who... apparently, undervalues them.

I completely agree with this. We really should be better, which is the frustrating part. I think we have the personnel to be a contender, not just a playoff team. I don't think that, on paper, there's a team besides pittsburgh that is really better than us. It just hasn't come to fruition on the ice

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

When Will AV Get Fired?

Hmmm....
    http://nypost.com/2017/10/29/alain-v...one-game-left/

Sidenote: OUCH to the other headline
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Yeah, Larry Brooks. The bringer of nothing but factual info.

I don't know about you guys but the Soccer article looked more interesting than our coach!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12