Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Move Kreider

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    It's going back a few years so I don't remember bullshit penalties but I do remember and still see dumb ones. Also, I'm not talking about taking himself out of the play just to throw a hit.

Moderator Junior Division
    Well then what are you talking about? Because he uses his size constantly in front of the net.

Senior Member Squirt Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    We need a guy who plays every shift - Kreider doesn’t! All that wasted potential and no warrior heart. I’m disappointed in spite of past goal totals. He had the fortunate/unfortunate splash coming into the league during the playoffs...that immediate success inflated his head. Kreider will never really grow up. Just gonna’ trust my gut here and say, “Make a trade Gorton.”

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    General comment. Not the only one on this version of the NYR that take shifts off. So that means trade Kreider?

Not for nothing, but there was a 15-game stretch last year - game 4 to game 19 - in which Kreider had 1 goal. The difference between a 25-goal scorer and a 40-goal scorer is just consistency. Kreider isn't a 40-goal scorer, but that doesn't mean he isn't the player this year that he was last year.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Well then what are you talking about? Because he uses his size constantly in front of the net.
    Really? Because I haven't noticed him all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Really? Because I haven't noticed him all year.
    Ok - well using his size and being noticeable aren't the same. Any time he is in front of the net or causing a turnover along the boards, he is using his size.

I agree that he hasn't been noticeable enough, but what this team asks him to do takes away a lot of the disruptive and explosive plays.

Senior Member Junior Division
    When Kreider entered the league, he was very physical. Two things happened...

1) He's been called for a bunch of bullshit penalties just for being stronger than the other guy, and I think that's made him skiddish.
    2) AV doesn't want players going out of their way to be physical

Today, his size is used to an advantage, almost exclusively, in front of the net. That's not an easy job, and you have to be a big/strong guy to do it. Kreider just isn't looked at as a net-front guy because he also has that explosive skating.
    That and he probably has zero deflection type goals, and not very many screens that help goals go in. I don't buy into this stuff about him being effective in front of the net. He's NEVER there on a PP. He's hardly there at even strength. It's not like he spends a bunch of time there. I'd like to keep track of this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    General comment. Not the only one on this version of the NYR that take shifts off. So that means trade Kreider?
    Tit for tat gets you no where. The guy is very inconsistent and is probably an asset that lands you the biggest return. They are deep on wing. Who else would you suggest trading to upgrade at center? Do you trade Zucc? Because that's the only other winger that could be any kind of center piece to get anything close to what this team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    That and he probably has zero deflection type goals, and not very many screens that help goals go in. I don't buy into this stuff about him being effective in front of the net. He's NEVER there on a PP. He's hardly there at even strength. It's not like he spends a bunch of time there. I'd like to keep track of this tonight.
    He led the league in tip-in goals and was 4th in tip-in attempts last year. He leads the league in tip-in goals over the last 3 seasons and is tied with Wayne Simmonds for the most over the last 4.

Pavelski is probably the best net-front player in the league, but Kreider is right there.
    Last edited by Future; 10-23-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Tit for tat gets you no where. The guy is very inconsistent and is probably an asset that lands you the biggest return. They are deep on wing. Who else would you suggest trading to upgrade at center? Do you trade Zucc? Because that's the only other winger that could be any kind of center piece to get anything close to what this team needs.

75 games to go. Answer: NO ONE. Mind boggling that so many " fans " are constantly on the trade dis guy, dat guy, anyone kick. Tit for tat???

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    I don't want to trade Kreider, but if the ranger do trade him ,let it be when he is on hot streak or wait until he has one .
    I could just see him take off right after the rangers trade him

He led the league in tip-in goals and was 4th in tip-in attempts last year. He leads the league in tip-in goals over the last 3 seasons and is tied with Wayne Simmonds for the most over the last 4.

Pavelski is probably the best net-front player in the league, but Kreider is right there.
    Can I please have a link? I don't know where to find such information.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    75 games to go. Answer: NO ONE. Mind boggling that so many " fans " are constantly on the trade dis guy, dat guy, anyone kick. Tit for tat???
    So you are ok with the teams center situation. It'd be cool if you just said that instead of trying to call others out for what they feel needs to be addressed. This is something I've thought needed to be addressed prior to the season. It's not complaining because they are losing. It's complaining because I feel there is an observation that many including myself see as an issue. If you don't think there's an issue say so, or maybe don't say anything. Add to the discussion please.

Tit for tat. Pointing the finger at someone else when one is being questioned. The "oh yeah we'll what about THAT guy he doesn't do shit either" reaction.
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-23-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Nevermind. I found the article. Not sure it's something that suggests he's always there or even that he's the brst at it. I think it suggests that it's more of a lost art. From 2014- 17, he's scored 19 goals on top ins.

The list consists of a few super talents and the likes of Andres Lee and Jimmy friggin Hayes, who people think sucks big time.

Senior Member Midget Division
    i wish someone would show him that highlight reel we posted on this site two years ago showing him lighting guys up.

thats the guy we need.

www.nhl.com lol

In the player stats you can sort by shot type

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i wish someone would show him that highlight reel we posted on this site two years ago showing him lighting guys up.

thats the guy we need.
    Or even a guy in the lockerroom.
    Like a vet, with leadership... and some toughness. Would be beneficial for more than just CK

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The "trade Kreider" theme comes up every season. I feel that people have itchy fingers because of the bad start this team has. It's adding fuel to the fire, when we have a guy who is locked in at $4.625M and consistently puts up 20+ goals (three straight seasons) and 45 points (two of last three seasons). He's coming off his best season statistically. He can be part of the solution, and its not just him that's playing bad. Nor is he part of the main problem. The team is constructed poorly, traded their de facto number one center and has a leaky defense. All in all, not a recipe for success. Kreider can actually be part of the solution if the proper moves are made in either tinkering to get what we need or blowing it up to start from scratch. If it's the latter, he'd be a good, cost-controlled top-6 winger for the team to use while we rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    The "trade Kreider" theme comes up every season. I feel that people have itchy fingers because of the bad start this team has. It's adding fuel to the fire, when we have a guy who is locked in at $4.625M and consistently puts up 20+ goals (three straight seasons) and 45 points (two of last three seasons). He's coming off his best season statistically. He can be part of the solution, and its not just him that's playing bad. Nor is he part of the main problem. The team is constructed poorly, traded their de facto number one center and has a leaky defense. All in all, not a recipe for success. Kreider can actually be part of the solution if the proper moves are made in either tinkering to get what we need or blowing it up to start from scratch. If it's the latter, he'd be a good, cost-controlled top-6 winger for the team to use while we rebuild.
    If he's scoring, then yeah. He's not doing much of anything right now, and had a crappy playoffs as well as a lame last 1/4 of the season..

Had he showed any sign of a pulse, I wouldn't be on him. I've been a huge Kreider apologist for years. This is new territory for me. I feel he can be a really good player, but it doesn't look like it will happen here. The team needs to add top line talent. So if they have to package a borderline top talent to get that, I say go for it. Trust me, I'd rather not trade him and hope he finally gets it here. But he's the BEST trade chip they have. I ask again. Who do you suggest they dangle for a top line center if one is available? Do you think they need a top line center or even a 2nd line center?

This isn't some knee jerk reaction. I'm all ears for better suggestions on what to do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast