Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Move Kreider

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Wait, people complain about his penalties, then you say he should fight more? That makes no sense. He's not paid to fight, he's paid to put the puck in the net. He already has the defense on their heels, backing up, hard on the forechecking, and annoys the shit out of goalies with his play in front. He's effective even when he's not scoring, most of the time. Sitting in the box for another 5 isn't helping his game, and that's not his game.

If it happens, it happens, but he can't go out trying to start fights when he should be out trying to score.

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    i don’t like the penalties he takes, I understand that fighting is not part off his game and I’m not asking him to be Glass. He is a big dude and very strong, this team is soft, so at times he should be dropping gloves, especially when he is not scoring for several games.
    I think adding 5-7 fights per year, will give him and his team more energy.

I have never said he should be looking for a fight. In the last 5 years he has been in a lot of situations where he could have stood up for him self and team mates, and all he did was push, shove, and talk.
    Last edited by Rangers; 10-22-2017 at 12:50 AM.
    Shoot the puck!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Only reason to trade him is to send a pair of players for a legit upgrade. Selling any of the young guys for spare parts doesn't make sense. He ranks about 8th on the frustration chart, and you don't trade guys out of frustration.
    Who is saying to trade him for spare parts? I'm suggesting to have him as a center piece to nab a quality center.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    i don’t like the penalties he takes, I understand that fighting is not part off his game and I’m not asking him to be Glass. He is a big dude and very strong, this team is soft, so at times he should be dropping gloves, especially when he is not scoring for several games.
    I think adding 5-7 fights per year, will give him and his team more energy.

I have never said he should be looking for a fight. In the last 5 years he has been in a lot of situations where he could have stood up for him self and team mates, and all he did was push, shove, and talk.
    I don't want him fighting unless he has to. I want him skating through people. I want him to hit people and be a net presence. I want to see him play like Nash currently is.

Nash is a power forward who should score, but not getting the job done. He compensates with his diffensive game.
    Kreider power forward, who by now should put more pucks in the net then he is. What should he compensate with?
    Shoot the puck!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Nash is a power forward who should score, but not getting the job done. He compensates with his diffensive game.
    Kreider power forward, who by now should put more pucks in the net then he is. What should he compensate with?
    Believe me, defenders know when he's on the ice. They cheat to get back defensively, and they know when hes coming to nail them behind they net when they are going for the puck.. Even when he's not scoring, he's opening up the ice for his line mates, and forcing defenseman to make quick, and sometimes poor decisions, with the puck in their own zone.
    Goalies always know when he's out there, too.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Believe me, defenders know when he's on the ice. They cheat to get back defensively, and they know when hes coming to nail them behind they net when they are going for the puck.. Even when he's not scoring, he's opening up the ice for his line mates, and forcing defenseman to make quick, and sometimes poor decisions, with the puck in their own zone.
    Agreed. I actually think the team would miss him terribly if they dealt him, so unless it's for a clear upgrade somewhere dire (1RD, 1C), I'm probably balking at most ideas.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division

It's Time to Move Kreider

If Kreider also had an assist for every goal that went in when he set a screen in Front , I think folks might be kinder about his productivity. Just saying.

Hard and expensive to replace. And bad timing for trade of him anyway IMO. Deadline is the key period, IMO. No quick fix for this team, and bigger issues to my mind are future of McDonagh, Nash, Hank. I like the idea of getting a blue chip young future top line center in here, and that might take more than CK, but when is anyone’s value at peak — trade deadline?

My big concern is a looming drop off in top-line talent. If Chytil “makes it” that would be nice. But who’s gonna be on his wing of any consequence to hopefully more successfully replace Nash. I see a big trade or free agent signing again there. But the timing is everything. Getting it right is more important to me than “saving” a very questionable season.
    (Just random thoughts.)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

I agree with everything you said, we saw what happened when Hags and his speed was traded. I don’t want him moved even for 1C.
    But I do want another element to his game when he doesn’t put pucks in the net.
    Shoot the puck!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    You do know that he scored 28 goals last year right? I don't know how much moe scoring you want from him. There were very few 30 plus goal scorers last year. I don't see his goal scoring as an issue. His only knock is his bad penalties, and even that he has somewhat gotten under control.

That was last year, this season in 9 games he has 1 goal. With the talent he has, He needs to be more consistent.
    I expect 30-35 goals from someone as talented as he is, baring any injuries.
    Shoot the puck!

Nothing. He's not good defensively. Put more pucks in the net and play physical. He's not playing physical at all. If he's not scoring, I want him to be annoying to play against. I want agitation. I want big hits. I want to notice him on the ice. In other words I want to see him play the way he started last year and the way he played his final shift of the playoffs. With energy.
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-22-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    That was last year, this season in 9 games he has 1 goal. With the talent he has, He needs to be more consistent.
    I expect 30-35 goals from someone as talented as he is, baring any injuries.
    Consistency and physical play. Like others have said, more like Nash.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I agree with everything you said, we saw what happened when Hags and his speed was traded. I don’t want him moved even for 1C.
    But I do want another element to his game when he doesn’t put pucks in the net.
    If anything you want something moved for a 1C for him to play with. Imagine him with Tavares?

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Who is saying to trade him for spare parts? I'm suggesting to have him as a center piece to nab a quality center.
    Sorry, someone mentioned it earlier, thought it was you.
    I think the only possible way I would trade him would be for a huge upgrade at C, but I'm not sure thats possible. I don't think I'd trade him for a Duchene level guy. I'd need more than that. And those guys aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I don't want him fighting unless he has to. I want him skating through people. I want him to hit people and be a net presence. I want to see him play like Nash currently is.
    Yes, we all want that.
    I think he's been doing that (obviously not as consistently as he should.. but that can be said for every individuals games right now) but I also think some of the positive parts of his game are being overlooked because he does take the occasional bone-headed penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    If anything you want something moved for a 1C for him to play with. Imagine him with Tavares?

I would trade Vesey + before trading Kreider for 1C.
    I’d love to see Kreider and Tavares on the same line. I don’t think Tavares is coming thou.
    Shoot the puck!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    I would trade Vesey + before trading Kreider for 1C.
    I’d love to see Kreider and Tavares on the same line. I don’t think Tavares is coming thou.
    Why Vesey?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You have to give to get.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    What would you pay for a 6'3, 224lb scoring winger with 70 goals in the last three seasons? Probably a pretty penny, no?

What good is all that size if it's rarely used? And when it is, it mostly leads to a penalty. I don't know, maybe I'm still frustrated with his playoff performance last season.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    What good is all that size if it's rarely used? And when it is, it mostly leads to a penalty. I don't know, maybe I'm still frustrated with his playoff performance last season.
    When Kreider entered the league, he was very physical. Two things happened...

1) He's been called for a bunch of bullshit penalties just for being stronger than the other guy, and I think that's made him skiddish.
    2) AV doesn't want players going out of their way to be physical

Today, his size is used to an advantage, almost exclusively, in front of the net. That's not an easy job, and you have to be a big/strong guy to do it. Kreider just isn't looked at as a net-front guy because he also has that explosive skating.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast