Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Move Kreider

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    How does all the money work?
    Rangers have 2m cap space atm + 7.8 from Nash and 1.6 from Holden = 11.4m. Trade Hayes and thats another 2.6m so they will have 14m. JT will get a raise to lets say 4.5 (1.8 more then this season), sign Grabs to a 2m contract (up 400k), bridge deals for Vesey and Boo) that gives around 11m. Give Tavares 10-11 and play:

Miller - Tavares - Zucc
    Kreider - Zib - Buch
    Vesey - Chytil - UFA
    Grabner - Lias - Fast

McD - Shatty
    Skjei - Smith
    someone from Hartford/UFA

Give them 1-2 years + maybe some picks next year that can help and this young team could be good.

Tavares would never come here tho, so its just a dream.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Tavares literally fits like a glove. But I don't see anyway he signs here. It would be the ultimate middle finger to the Islanders, and I think he's too loyal of a guy to do that. I don't think he's staying there but I don't see him being a guy who would turn around and leave there to come here. It'd be awesome but I don't see it.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    Tavares literally fits like a glove. But I don't see anyway he signs here. It would be the ultimate middle finger to the Islanders, and I think he's too loyal of a guy to do that. I don't think he's staying there but I don't see him being a guy who would turn around and leave there to come here. It'd be awesome but I don't see it.
    I don't see why Taveres wouldn't sign with the Rangers. There have been plenty of players from the Devils, Islanders and the Rangers who have signed with each of these teams. Of course, I wish a few never signed Driver, Holik and Gomez to name a few.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    It doesn't happen often with stars, though. Driver, Holík, Asham... these guys aren't superstars. Gomez was (at the time). Tavares still is. It's just really rare to see real impact players leave for their direct rival.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Not to nitpick, but Holik was a big get. They sure paid him like one.

Getting paid like one doesn't make you one.

Regardless, the point is that we're talking about the equivalent of Lundqvist signing with the Devils. Crosby with the Flyers. Bergeron with the Habs. These things don't happen often. They're utterly rare occurrences.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Happens in other sports a ton.

Most superstars in the NHL are re-signed by current squads, though. Small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Happens in other sports a ton.

Most superstars in the NHL are re-signed by current squads, though. Small sample size.
    OK, well the point stands. Superstars leaving their teams, let alone for a rival, is incredibly rare in the NHL.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    I'm a LONG TIME FAN, not an owner, GM or coach. Just another of the mortals who love the game. Call it criticism, call it whatever you like. I will continue to post my opinions. Isn't that what most people on pubic forums do? You know, post their opinions.
    Sure, of course you can post your opinion. If you can't see that you're belittling people's thoughts without stating why, and can't figure out how that comes across as douchey, I don't know what to tell you. I'm all for a good argument, but have something to back it up other than you just being old. I'm 44, not as old as you I'm sure, but age doesn't give you the right to piss on everyone's head and tell them it's raining.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    What the heck are you talking about? I don't particularly appreciate the denigrating remarks that you have directed at me. And, This is surely not the first time that it has been done by you. And to bring age up in this manner, by calling me " old " adds another layer of disrespect on your part, not only to me, but others as well. I didn't direct my post at you. Stop giving me a hard time. Put me on ignore.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Any thought on trading for the Russian center from VGK obviously not sending kreider but what would it take

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Any thought on trading for the Russian center from VGK obviously not sending kreider but what would it take
    They'd probably let him go for very little.

Problem is his contract. He's got a cap hit of $4.5 for next season. I don't know if thats something we want to take chance on.

If they want to take Staal - sure, lets do it.
    (They are pretty thin on signed defensemen after this season)

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    So you're saying theres a chance we could get a solid 2/3 line center, get rid of Staal AND save cap? WHERE DO I SIGN?!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    lol, doubt it. We'd have to include a package of picks and prospects. And Staal would have to waive. And Goldielocks would have to want him.

Junior Member Mite Division Sod16's Avatar
    Well, this thread quickly came to look archaic. At the moment, he is certainly using his size to create offense. He has been outstanding in front of the net. What's frustrating is his lack of scoring off the rush considering his speed. I think it was the year before last when he didn't have a goal off the rush until late February. He will slump again at some point and the calls to trade him will start again, as they have every few months for the past five years. Ultimately, he is what he is and the rest of the league knows it, so you are not going to get something better for him.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    This thread held up very well along with the AV has only one game left thread

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    This thread will officially die once he consistently plays like this.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    This thread will officially die once he consistently plays like this.
    Right? On the flip side, it will get life again once he goes through a cold spell lol

The problem with Kreider is that he tends to go invisible when he's not scoring. He's not consistently a threat on the rush or a physical presence along the boards. For someone with his physical ability, those parts of his game should always be there.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    That’s what holds him from taking the next step.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The consistency is what differentiates first line players from second line players. He’s a second line player, and a good one. What “consistent” second liner would you move Kreider for?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast