Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Move Kreider

Senior Member Junior Division
    Not to nitpick, but Holik was a big get. They sure paid him like one.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Getting paid like one doesn't make you one.

Regardless, the point is that we're talking about the equivalent of Lundqvist signing with the Devils. Crosby with the Flyers. Bergeron with the Habs. These things don't happen often. They're utterly rare occurrences.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Happens in other sports a ton.

Most superstars in the NHL are re-signed by current squads, though. Small sample size.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Happens in other sports a ton.

Most superstars in the NHL are re-signed by current squads, though. Small sample size.
    OK, well the point stands. Superstars leaving their teams, let alone for a rival, is incredibly rare in the NHL.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    I'm a LONG TIME FAN, not an owner, GM or coach. Just another of the mortals who love the game. Call it criticism, call it whatever you like. I will continue to post my opinions. Isn't that what most people on pubic forums do? You know, post their opinions.
    Sure, of course you can post your opinion. If you can't see that you're belittling people's thoughts without stating why, and can't figure out how that comes across as douchey, I don't know what to tell you. I'm all for a good argument, but have something to back it up other than you just being old. I'm 44, not as old as you I'm sure, but age doesn't give you the right to piss on everyone's head and tell them it's raining.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Any thought on trading for the Russian center from VGK obviously not sending kreider but what would it take

Quote Originally Posted by jjweimar View Post
    Any thought on trading for the Russian center from VGK obviously not sending kreider but what would it take
    They'd probably let him go for very little.

Problem is his contract. He's got a cap hit of $4.5 for next season. I don't know if thats something we want to take chance on.

If they want to take Staal - sure, lets do it.
    (They are pretty thin on signed defensemen after this season)

Senior Member Midget Division
    So you're saying theres a chance we could get a solid 2/3 line center, get rid of Staal AND save cap? WHERE DO I SIGN?!

lol, doubt it. We'd have to include a package of picks and prospects. And Staal would have to waive. And Goldielocks would have to want him.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Well, this thread quickly came to look archaic. At the moment, he is certainly using his size to create offense. He has been outstanding in front of the net. What's frustrating is his lack of scoring off the rush considering his speed. I think it was the year before last when he didn't have a goal off the rush until late February. He will slump again at some point and the calls to trade him will start again, as they have every few months for the past five years. Ultimately, he is what he is and the rest of the league knows it, so you are not going to get something better for him.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    This thread held up very well along with the AV has only one game left thread

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    This thread will officially die once he consistently plays like this.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    This thread will officially die once he consistently plays like this.
    Right? On the flip side, it will get life again once he goes through a cold spell lol

The problem with Kreider is that he tends to go invisible when he's not scoring. He's not consistently a threat on the rush or a physical presence along the boards. For someone with his physical ability, those parts of his game should always be there.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    That’s what holds him from taking the next step.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The consistency is what differentiates first line players from second line players. He’s a second line player, and a good one. What “consistent” second liner would you move Kreider for?

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Right? On the flip side, it will get life again once he goes through a cold spell lol

The problem with Kreider is that he tends to go invisible when he's not scoring. He's not consistently a threat on the rush or a physical presence along the boards. For someone with his physical ability, those parts of his game should always be there.
    The problem was that when he did play physical, because he is so string, he was getting called for the hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    The consistency is what differentiates first line players from second line players. He’s a second line player, and a good one. What “consistent” second liner would you move Kreider for?

I'd classify him as a complimentary first line player. similar to how I'd classify most power forwards. He needs linemates on their game to be effective - and the last 2 weeks, Zibanejad and Buchnevich have been more consistent with their 5 on 5 play. Kreider is able to help them maintain that level with his finishing, skating, pressure and getting to the net. He's not a guy that can carry a line by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

This is the disconnect between pantsy stats and observing.
    Yes, sure, there are games where he struggles, but that doesnt mean hes completely invisible when hes not scoring. defensive zone - yeah, and that will always be an issue.

Defensemen know when hes on the ice, they cheat getting back, they dont take chances in their own zone - moving the puck quickly behind the net to avoid pressure, and they definitely pay attention to what hes doing in front of the net. Similar to what Nash was doing when he was cold. Sometimes these things dont show up in the box score, and its hard to notice if you dont know what you are looking at, but hes still causing the defenders to work, and creating room for his linemates.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    I'd classify him as a complimentary first line player. similar to how I'd classify most power forwards. He needs linemates on their game to be effective - and the last 2 weeks, Zibanejad and Buchnevich have been more consistent with their 5 on 5 play. Kreider is able to help them maintain that level with his finishing, skating, pressure and getting to the net. He's not a guy that can carry a line by himself.
    This is the disconnect between pantsy stats and observing.
    Yes, sure, there are games where he struggles, but that doesnt mean hes completely invisible when hes not scoring. defensive zone - yeah, and that will always be an issue.

Defensemen know when hes on the ice, they cheat getting back, they dont take chances in their own zone - moving the puck quickly behind the net to avoid pressure, and they definitely pay attention to what hes doing in front of the net. Similar to what Nash was doing when he was cold. Sometimes these things dont show up in the box score, and its hard to notice if you dont know what you are looking at, but hes still causing the defenders to work, and creating room for his linemates.

I think those are solid distinctions. Sometimes a player can be that 2nd line player who can work on a top line in a variety of situations, and as long as he is bringing the tangible/intangibles to the table.

Unfortunately — or fortunately for BSBH — we are drawn like moths to a flame, or wide-mouth bass to a piece of bait, to trade proposals either in support or in disagreement. I rise to the bait, too, lol, but felt I needed to lend some support to Kreider who I think gets a bad rep too often here and is comparatively undervalued and comparatively difficult to replace in the genre of player that he is.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 11-10-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Interesting point.
    Not too many, the ones off the top of my head...

Logan Couture
    Vinnie Trocheck
    Brayden Point
    Marner is a 4th liner
    Ehlers and Laine are on the 2nd line but they shouldn't count. Neither should Barzal.

BTW, consistent or not, I'd pull the trigger on those 7. Would anyone disagree with any of them?

RNH has some merit. Interesting, good fit, but no.
    Jaden Schwartz is very tempting but he's been promoted to the 1st line.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 11-10-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast