Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Move Kreider

Senior Member Junior Division

It's Time to Move Kreider

I've always been a supporter of Kreider. Always thought he'd put it together and be a dominant power forward, who would use his size and speed effectively.

Last season he started the season like a god damn beast. Just physically dominant. That faded when Zib went down to injury.

He's frustrating as fuck to watch this season. There hasn't been a glimpse of the aforementioned player since the last minute of the Rangers elimination from last year's play offs. He looks uninterested and disengaged.

If this team wants to upgrade at center, I think the Rangers need to finally end the charade. They can't get through to him and get him to play consistently. Do it now before his value plummets due to his ineffectiveness.

What kind of center can they get for Kreider and sayyyy DeAngelo?

Can they get a Duchene, or are they looking at more of an older guy?

Why do I fear the what feels like the inevitable arrival of a Sedin twin, or maybe both?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Trading Kreider could be the opposite of the Gomez-McDonagh trade.

And why are we trading deangelo?
    Or any young guy?
    Or a young guy with a reasonable contract?

If we are looking to upgrade at center, why did they just overpay an average 2nd line winger to play #1C?

Sakic wants Kreider plus Skjei. Duchene ain't happening.

This is Kreiders 5th or 6th season in the NHL. HRS 26!

I don't see how it would be comparable to dumping an under achieving player (if you actually believed he was worth that contract to begin with), in Gomez, making what was probably one of the top 3 highest salaries in the game, for another teams top prospect.

Not sure what 2nd line winger you are referring to. Zib? Were they supposed to not sign him? What should they have done with him? And he's certainly not making 1 C money. He's 1 C by default. I'd say he's making what he deserves.

I think DeAngelo is set to fail under AV. He can not grow under this teams current circumstances. AV doesn't have the patience to develop him. He will go to waste, and isn't the type of player AV would put his neck on the line for. I deal him before he loses all value.

If not Duchene, who could they get? What's his value? That's kinda the point of the thread.
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-20-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Lloyd Christmas? Is that you?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Kreider & Holden for Sam Reinhart & Alex Nylander. Yes Reinhart is -28 for his career to Kreider +51. Buffalo also needs defense (basically dealing Rienhart allows them to put O’Rielly back to center) . The deal makes us younger— 26 to 23 and strengthen us at center.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Sad reality is you're not getting much for Kreider.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    +10000 agree I want to see a Rick Nash type threat in him but it happens like five games a year thru all 60 mins.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    you will get a lot for Kreider. The size and speed alone. Every NHL desires that.

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

It's Time to Move Kreider

I think this is the best time to cut bait. He’s making what 4.5 mil.—cheap contract. He’s 26–boarder line age, old enough that we know we’ve done all we can do to develope him but still young enough that another organization would think the can still fix him. He’s size, speed, make him enticable. So I think we can get 1-2 really good young players. Players that are on rookie contract—which would help us as far as getting us further below the cap. We can make a deal with Arizona, they have a lot of great young players that are at the same time smallish. Florida has 1 too many centers—tho’ a deal for Bjustrad would probably be a 1 for 1. Buffalo could use a LW and would probably move Reinhard plus another player/prospect to get a top 2 line of Kreider-Eichel-Pominville & Kane-O’Rielly-Okposo.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Rookie contracts that we need to re-sign is not what we need. The next 2 summers are bad for us, cap wise.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Rookie contracts that we need to re-sign is not what we need. The next 2 summers are bad for us, cap wise. We need about $10+ to re-up everyone over the summer - thats coming from Nash and Holden leaving, and doesn't address their replacements.
    The following summer is McDonagh's and Zuccarello contracts expire, with no other player coming off the books.

Having a cost-controlled, first line center is something that we probably should keep, considering the issues we have moving forward. Maybe you trade him that last season of his contract.

And, again, this isn't discussing his replacement, and a top line winger. "2 rookie level contracts" isn't a top line replacement.
    Last edited by josh; 10-21-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Huge goal by KREIDS in last minute of first period.

Glad we didn't piss him away for Duchene or worse

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    This isn't true, at all. If the Rangers made Kreider available, given his scoring, size, and contract, there'd be absolutely no shortage of suitors. Literally, dozens of teams, especially in the West, would want him and would be making fair market offers.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    But what is fair market value? That's my point, I think some overrate him. He is what he is at this point, inconsistent, goes completely invisible for way too long, stupid and lazy penalties. He's reached his peak in my opinion

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Kreider must have seen this thread before he scored a goal today.
    Shoot the puck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Lloyd Christmas? Is that you?
    ? We landed on the moon?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Kreider must have seen this thread before he scored a goal today.
    I have stood up for this guy for years. I can't anymore. There are no more excuses to give for his lackluster play. I think it's time to cut bait as someone said.

Just don't know what he is worth. I overvalue him and all that, but I also see trading him now, is no doubt selling low.

On that note I missed the game. Did he look any better?

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Only reason to trade him is to send a pair of players for a legit upgrade. Selling any of the young guys for spare parts doesn't make sense. He ranks about 8th on the frustration chart, and you don't trade guys out of frustration.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    But what is fair market value? That's my point, I think some overrate him. He is what he is at this point, inconsistent, goes completely invisible for way too long, stupid and lazy penalties. He's reached his peak in my opinion
    What would you pay for a 6'3, 224lb scoring winger with 70 goals in the last three seasons? Probably a pretty penny, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    He had more jump in this game, so did everyone else. I think it’s because they scored the first goal instead of giving up one early in the game.

What I don’t understand is, Kreider is a big guy, I would love too see him play more physical game, and even drop the gloves at least 5-7 times per season.
    Maybe that will get the team going with some energy, but for some reason he is being a big pussy.
    Last edited by Rangers; 10-22-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Shoot the puck!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast