• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Big Buff, Matt Hendricks Catch, Release a... Dinosaur

Phil

fdn4ryacgtyqtyfmugoy.jpg

Winnipeg Jets center Matt Hendricks and defenseman Dustin Byfuglien have both been dealing with minor injuries, a foot problem and a ?soft-tissue issue,? respectively. Their rehab of choice this week involved taking advantage of a mandatory off-day to head out on British Columbia?s Fraser River and catch a 600-pound creature that looks like it belongs in the deepest and most hellish spaces at the bottom of the sea. (A sturgeon.)

Tweet link:

https://deadspin.com/winnipeg-jets-players-catch-release-river-monster-1819422683

are they easy to catch or something? How do you reel that thing in?

and it just poses for a pic like that?

If I saw that thing on the end of my line I'd freak out and throw the pole in the water. Dude, get me out of here!

They're docile as shit. They don't have any teeth. Not many around where I live any more in Southern Ontario, but they pulled one out of a dam a few years ago, it just rolled over and gave up. I guess 150 years of eating garbage off the bottom of a river will do that.

I work in Western Canada, they're pretty popular there as sport fish, but they also don't have trees so they're kind of fucked in the head.

Archived