• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

West Point Hockey Promises Hard-Hitting Action

I live just over the 'hill' from West Point near Newburgh, so going to West Point Hockey games is a pretty easy thing for me. I have 5 games lined up for this year. If you haven't tried it, definitely make the effort. They usually play back-to-back nights to lesson the travel and the tix are super reasonable...$10 for bleacher-style and $12 for 'regular' seats with back support. Believe me, the two-bucks is well worth it. The action is fast and serious. The atmosphere is very different on post and while the games are loud, you can definitely bring young kids since you won't hear the inappropriate stuff you do hear at MSG. Everyone over 18 must have a driver's license or passport to get on campus and all civilian vehicles are 'reviewed' at the gate so allow some extra time getting in. Tate Rink shares the same facility as Crystal Arena (basketball) and is just across the street from Michie Stadium where Blanchard and Davis once roamed the field. BEER ALERT: No alcohol is sold so plan accordingly. :chug:

Let me know if you plan on taking in a game, I might be there and would enjoy welcoming you to the Mid-Hudson Valley.

I live just over the 'hill' from West Point near Newburgh, so going to West Point Hockey games is a pretty easy thing for me. I have 5 games lined up for this year. If you haven't tried it, definitely make the effort. They usually play back-to-back nights to lesson the travel and the tix are super reasonable...$10 for bleacher-style and $12 for 'regular' seats with back support. Believe me, the two-bucks is well worth it. The action is fast and serious. The atmosphere is very different on post and while the games are loud, you can definitely bring young kids since you won't hear the inappropriate stuff you do hear at MSG. Everyone over 18 must have a driver's license or passport to get on campus and all civilian vehicles are 'reviewed' at the gate so allow some extra time getting in. Tate Rink shares the same facility as Crystal Arena (basketball) and is just across the street from Michie Stadium where Blanchard and Davis once roamed the field. BEER ALERT: No alcohol is sold so plan accordingly. :chug:

Let me know if you plan on taking in a game, I might be there and would enjoy welcoming you to the Mid-Hudson Valley.

I went to West Point hockey camp 3 straight years. I still have one of my assessment papers from Rob Riley. Yes, that was a looooong time ago. I know they renovated the rink, but are those bleacher seats you speak of still just concrete slabs?

I went to West Point hockey camp 3 straight years. I still have one of my assessment papers from Rob Riley. Yes, that was a looooong time ago. I know they renovated the rink, but are those bleacher seats you speak of still just concrete slabs?

There are now benches affixed to said concrete slabs. It's a nice night, cheaper than an NHL game with decent hockey. My girlfriend and I usually do one to to games a season.

Totally new rink if you are thinking back to the old Quonset rink they used to have. (Back in the 70?s we?d go to games where in the dead of winter it was warmer outside than in that rink.) They now have bleacher ?benches? or regular stadium style seats.

Totally new rink if you are thinking back to the old Quonset rink they used to have. (Back in the 70’s we’d go to games where in the dead of winter it was warmer outside than in that rink.) They now have bleacher ‘benches’ or regular stadium style seats.

It was mid-late 80's

• 1 month later...

Archived