Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Rangers Reassign Filip Chytil, Release Andrew Desjardins from PTO

  1. #21
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Rep Power
    64
    Oh good. Wasn't aware he could go to the A. If he gets going, they can recall him and give him another shot. I thought sending him home would maybe be demoralizing in a way. This is a good scenario now. They won't rush him or push him into a role he's not ready for and he can always be recalled.

    Does his nine game limit carry over down the road, since hes in the A? Or do his AHL games count against it?

  2. #22
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,709
    Rep Power
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Oh good. Wasn't aware he could go to the A. If he gets going, they can recall him and give him another shot. I thought sending him home would maybe be demoralizing in a way. This is a good scenario now. They won't rush him or push him into a role he's not ready for and he can always be recalled.

    Does his nine game limit carry over down the road, since hes in the A? Or do his AHL games count against it?
    Nine game limit only applies to the NHL. So this gives the Rangers the opportunity to get as long a look as they want at Chytil in the AHL. They can still decide to send him back to Europe, but they may not have to.

    He's also exempt from waivers, so they can bring him back up without a problem, even if it's much later in the season.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #23
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Nine game limit only applies to the NHL. So this gives the Rangers the opportunity to get as long a look as they want at Chytil in the AHL. They can still decide to send him back to Europe, but they may not have to.

    He's also exempt from waivers, so they can bring him back up without a problem, even if it's much later in the season.
    Really sounds like a really good situation. Surprised the Rangers haven't drafted more euro players, so they can do this. I guess they haven't had the chance to draft such talents worth doing this for.

  4. #24
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,354
    Rep Power
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Really sounds like a really good situation. Surprised the Rangers haven't drafted more euro players, so they can do this. I guess they haven't had the chance to draft such talents worth doing this for.
    The talent they drafted hasn't been able to compete in NA at such a young age.
    That is the case for the majority of guys drafted out of foreign leagues. Guys being able to compete in NA at that age are an exception, not the norm.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #25
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The talent they drafted hasn't been able to compete in NA at such a young age.
    That is the case for the majority of guys drafted out of foreign leagues. Guys being able to compete in NA at that age are an exception, not the norm.
    Why is that? Just on talent alone?

    Why haven't euro players been brought over here early, if they can be stashed in the A? I could see them not wanting to come over to NA, as they would rather be close to home, but that doesn't seem to be what you're saying.

    If it's a talent thing, then why draft them?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    836
    Rep Power
    23
    Because the rangers haven't been drafting in the first two rounds until this year for what 5 years?Third round picks and higher are not as talented obviously. What would help is having draft picks. A foreign concept in the land of 1 cup per 100 years. But hey why change what's working so well?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,018
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Because the rangers haven't been drafting in the first two rounds until this year for what 5 years?Third round picks and higher are not as talented obviously. What would help is having draft picks. A foreign concept in the land of 1 cup per 100 years. But hey why change what's working so well?
    Good point. Keep forgetting the fact that they haven't had many first rounders.

  8. #28
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,898
    Rep Power
    325
    The rounds don't even matter. Like Josh said, more Euros stay there to play until their ready. The CHL can only take 2 imports per team, so they can't even come here in swarms to play Junior. I think USHL has the same rules.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •