Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: [RS] (#4) Rangers vs. St. Louis Blues // Win Again So We Don't Get the Blues

  1. #101
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    898
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Valley was quite pissed that anytime dental-challenge Trautwig introduces Steve to fans he says, “Former back-up...” That reall PO’d Valley!! LOL
    Truth hurts. Guy hardly played ( 46 games in the NHL ) and acts as if he knows everything.
    Last edited by Drew a Penalty; 10-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.

  2. #102
    Senior Member Mite Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Could be he's a poster here.
    Now that’s very interesting.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Squirt Division thes5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Everyone wanted #15 gone. Now he's in Calgary giving the Flames what the NYR drastically miss. Heart, passion, effort, physicality and on and on and on; each time he is on the ice. Even chipped in with the occasional goal.


    As for this game. P.U.
    I just don't understand how you can continue to go on about one of the worst players in the NHL. Guys like him are a dime a dozen.
    If your argument is that we need a completely inept goon, go ahead and make that argument. You can find that player at a moments notice.

  4. #104
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Valriera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,539
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The sexual tension between Vally and Trautwig is hilarious.
    Comment of the season and it's only week 2.

  5. #105
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,529
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    While he wasn't terrible, also another game when the $8.5 million goalie got outplayed. A goal inside of 15 seconds? WTF?
    How do you possibly blame that on the goalie?

  6. #106
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,529
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Everyone wanted #15 gone. Now he's in Calgary giving the Flames what the NYR drastically miss. Heart, passion, effort, physicality and on and on and on; each time he is on the ice. Even chipped in with the occasional goal.


    As for this game. P.U.
    Yea, his -1 rating and 7 hits in 3 games has totally given CGY the edge they needed.

  7. #107
    Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    4
    Tanner Glass is not going to make the Rangers offense suddenly come to life. What this team needs is a true top flight talent that can score, which was suppose to be one of or a combination of Nash and Kreider. With only a mix of complimentary players, it keep you at the middle of the pack at best. With that said, it's still very early, we don't know who may suddenly emerge as a consistent star on this roster.

  8. #108
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,413
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    lol rode that train from the last stop all the way downtown for most of my life as well
    "The Last Stop" was also the name of a popular watering hole at my end of the line when I lived up in Inwood-Washington Heights — I lived a few places up there near 207th 204th and Dyckman/Seaman, so I took that train from 207th for the first few years, then from Dyckman -- mostly in the 1990's, I think.

    Was a great place to live, even though it took forever somedays to get to work.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  9. #109
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,413
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by thecurse0101 View Post
    Game is a snoozefest. Rags can't pass or complete anything

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    During the game I managed to pull two hip flexors and put my back out again — and I didn't even play! — so I'm a little late rejoining this thread

    I'll give St. L some credit though for team defense, they break up a lot of passes.

    But it's also true to say the NYR attempted its fair share of ill-advised passes and overextended possessions.
    It's early season and I expect things will improve. Although some players — Hayes and Miller — may need to make some adjustments.

    But I also remind myself St. L. is a heckua good hockey team.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  10. #110
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,413
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The sexual tension between Vally and Trautwig is hilarious.
    Has me and the wife absolutely cracking up half the time.

    I bet Al skipped a final trip to the bathroom on the way out last night and chose to cross his legs on the ride home ... or maybe not.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  11. #111
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NEVER NEVER LAND
    Posts
    898
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yea, his -1 rating and 7 hits in 3 games has totally given CGY the edge they needed.

    Too bad the NYR didn't take a cue from #15 when he was here, and play their collective hearts out on every shift. Last nite was a perfect example of what's obviously missing with many of this group. They haven't played a full 60 minute game and are luckily 1-3 because of it. Luckily because in the one victory they survived two disallowed goals.

  12. #112
    Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    4
    Not sure how luck plays in with disallowed goals, it's against the rules to kick a puck in and it's against the rules to interfere with the goalie. If the Rangers scored 2 PP goals last night, would it be a lucky win because St. Louis was called for penalties? Basically Tanner Glass or the way he plays has nothing to do with this team's failures.

  13. #113
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Faiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    21
    It's concerning that only 5 players have scored, and Zibanejad is the only one of the 5 that has scored multiple times. Fuck, even Dominic Moore just scored his second goal of the season.

  14. #114
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,631
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Too bad the NYR didn't take a cue from #15 when he was here, and play their collective hearts out on every shift. Last nite was a perfect example of what's obviously missing with many of this group. They haven't played a full 60 minute game and are luckily 1-3 because of it. Luckily because in the one victory they survived two disallowed goals.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •