Poll: Star of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#3) Rangers vs. Montreal Canadiens // Let's Win? Maybe?

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Great turnaround by Hank.

Had a great time watching it live

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Montreal definitely ain't making the playoffs this season unless Carey Price goes all Mr. Hart again

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    I want a guy like Gallagher on this fucking team.
    He's now playing in Vancouver.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    He's now playing in Vancouver.
    Del Zotto?

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Flipping back and forth between games but nice to see Lundqvist bounce back with a shutout. Someone mentioned the defense doing what they're suppose to do, making the job easier, funny how that works.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Del Zotto?
    I think he's talking about Dorsett??
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Del zotto is a closer comparison to Gallagher than Dorset

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Antoine Roussel.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    He's not in Vancouver

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Chytil didnt play this game?

Damn, Zuuc with 22 minutes last night, second on the team was Nash with 17:44.

Senior Member Mite Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    I missed some of the game action because I was fixated on Miller’s agitation the with MTL bench. At the end of one shift I fully expected him to pick up a ‘too many men’ penalty because he had the bench door open but was standing on the ice jawing while play continued. It was a loooong while before he finally stepped off the ice.

Love this kid. Ever since his first shift as a Ranger I knew he had the tenacity and spunk to play a tough-minded game.

Given that he’s a decent face off guy and hard nosed with some offensive skill, I hope we are just now beginning to see the potential he has to become prized asset. Still passes off a bit too often instead of shooting but that can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    I missed some of the game action because I was fixated on Miller’s agitation the with MTL bench. At the end of one shift I fully expected him to pick up a ‘too many men’ penalty because he had the bench door open but was standing on the ice jawing while play continued. It was a loooong while before he finally stepped off the ice.

Love this kid. Ever since his first shift as a Ranger I knew he had the tenacity and spunk to play a tough-minded game.

Given that he’s a decent face off guy and hard nosed with some offensive skill, I hope we are just now beginning to see the potential he has to become prized asset. Still passes off a bit too often instead of shooting but that can be fixed.
    AV was quoted in preseason saying he trusts JT at center and knows he's more than capable of playing the position. I believe the quote was made before a preseason game when he moved Miller to wing and gave Chytil a deeper look. He was basically telling reporters that he doesn't need to see JT at C, he has confidence in him. I'll try to find the article.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Chytil didnt play this game?
    Nope, didn't want to waste one of his nine free games. Plus, with back-to-back games he needed a breather from all the work in Toronto.

Sarcasm aside, this is actually better than giving him 5 minutes of ice time. Best would be to develop him properly (and grow up a little more, since he just turned 18) with the intention to bring him back at the end of the year or next season. He's not quite ready and the coach is certainly not ready to give him ice time.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    I love Miller at Center. He keeps his feet moving and plays on instinct. He gets in trouble when he thinks the game too much.
    In a way, he reminds me of Kessler, all over the ice, in your face, somethings always happening around him. Although JT's defensive game isn't on the same level, his offense could be even better.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Why was Smith sat last night? Injury?

Thought Holden actually looked decent in his place.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post

Smith had an absolutely horrendous game against Toronto. Idk if that's the reason AV put him on the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post

Because he's been dog shit. I mean, no one else was much better, but he had some glaring moments.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Lol, funny that I've taken French for years and never looked it up. I remember when WBB came out with the shirts, they originally spelled it Baiser les habs, I think. Then changed it because of the verb conjugation.

Is it not even the right verb? Fucking hilarious.
    First man, kudos for even taking French, it's not an easy language, being heavily idiomatic, and even though I'm a half-native speaker, there are aspects of it that still fuck with me.

it means both things, depends on context, and how you say it. Tense/conjugation adds even more fun. But hey, even in english, conjugation can mean two things, depending on how you conjoin things, so vive la double entendre!

I spent a lot of teenage months and years combined over in France because of family ties, summer camp, and a year teaching English, and yeah that used to perplex me at first too, because the margin for error is pretty small on that one.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...english/baiser
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 10-09-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Smith had an absolutely horrendous game against Toronto. Idk if that's the reason AV put him on the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Agreed -- and I think Smith knew it, judging by some footage of his expressions on the bench during the Toronto game.

Toronto is also going to be a bitch of a team for anyone to deal with. I have nightmares of a Toronto dynasty looming.

But ... to me Smith's the kind of defenseman that shines in the stretch run and the playoffs when things get a lot grittier and tougher, which kind of equalizes things, so I have few worries. Ain't saying he's the answer to all our D problems, far from it, but a reliable dman for the 4-6 slots, IMO, who won't become a shrinking violet when the going gets tough.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 10-09-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Seeing Buchnevich come with a strong game, separate people form the puck and play quality top-6 hockey could be a huge difference-maker for this team.
    Build on that Pavel, that's a good place to start!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast