Poll: Star of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 127

Thread: [RS] (#3) Rangers vs. Montreal Canadiens // Let's Win? Maybe?

  1. #101
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Myusername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    42
    Montreal definitely ain't making the playoffs this season unless Carey Price goes all Mr. Hart again

  2. #102
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,160
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    He's now playing in Vancouver.
    Del Zotto?

  3. #103
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    22
    Flipping back and forth between games but nice to see Lundqvist bounce back with a shutout. Someone mentioned the defense doing what they're suppose to do, making the job easier, funny how that works.

  4. #104
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,902
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Del Zotto?
    I think he's talking about Dorsett??
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  5. #105
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,486
    Rep Power
    252
    Del zotto is a closer comparison to Gallagher than Dorset
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  6. #106
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,890
    Rep Power
    414
    Antoine Roussel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #107
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,486
    Rep Power
    252
    He's not in Vancouver
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #108
    Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    19
    Chytil didnt play this game?

    Damn, Zuuc with 22 minutes last night, second on the team was Nash with 17:44.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    27
    I missed some of the game action because I was fixated on Miller’s agitation the with MTL bench. At the end of one shift I fully expected him to pick up a ‘too many men’ penalty because he had the bench door open but was standing on the ice jawing while play continued. It was a loooong while before he finally stepped off the ice.

    Love this kid. Ever since his first shift as a Ranger I knew he had the tenacity and spunk to play a tough-minded game.

    Given that he’s a decent face off guy and hard nosed with some offensive skill, I hope we are just now beginning to see the potential he has to become prized asset. Still passes off a bit too often instead of shooting but that can be fixed.

  10. #110
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,902
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    I missed some of the game action because I was fixated on Miller’s agitation the with MTL bench. At the end of one shift I fully expected him to pick up a ‘too many men’ penalty because he had the bench door open but was standing on the ice jawing while play continued. It was a loooong while before he finally stepped off the ice.

    Love this kid. Ever since his first shift as a Ranger I knew he had the tenacity and spunk to play a tough-minded game.

    Given that he’s a decent face off guy and hard nosed with some offensive skill, I hope we are just now beginning to see the potential he has to become prized asset. Still passes off a bit too often instead of shooting but that can be fixed.
    AV was quoted in preseason saying he trusts JT at center and knows he's more than capable of playing the position. I believe the quote was made before a preseason game when he moved Miller to wing and gave Chytil a deeper look. He was basically telling reporters that he doesn't need to see JT at C, he has confidence in him. I'll try to find the article.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  11. #111
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,030
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Chytil didnt play this game?
    Nope, didn't want to waste one of his nine free games. Plus, with back-to-back games he needed a breather from all the work in Toronto.

    Sarcasm aside, this is actually better than giving him 5 minutes of ice time. Best would be to develop him properly (and grow up a little more, since he just turned 18) with the intention to bring him back at the end of the year or next season. He's not quite ready and the coach is certainly not ready to give him ice time.

  12. #112
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,486
    Rep Power
    252
    I love Miller at Center. He keeps his feet moving and plays on instinct. He gets in trouble when he thinks the game too much.
    In a way, he reminds me of Kessler, all over the ice, in your face, somethings always happening around him. Although JT's defensive game isn't on the same level, his offense could be even better.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  13. #113
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,345
    Rep Power
    45
    Why was Smith sat last night? Injury?

    Thought Holden actually looked decent in his place.

  14. #114
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,763
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Why was Smith sat last night? Injury?

    Thought Holden actually looked decent in his place.
    Smith had an absolutely horrendous game against Toronto. Idk if that's the reason AV put him on the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    LGR!

  15. #115
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,902
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Why was Smith sat last night? Injury?

    Thought Holden actually looked decent in his place.
    Because he's been dog shit. I mean, no one else was much better, but he had some glaring moments.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  16. #116
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,681
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Lol, funny that I've taken French for years and never looked it up. I remember when WBB came out with the shirts, they originally spelled it Baiser les habs, I think. Then changed it because of the verb conjugation.

    Is it not even the right verb? Fucking hilarious.
    First man, kudos for even taking French, it's not an easy language, being heavily idiomatic, and even though I'm a half-native speaker, there are aspects of it that still fuck with me.

    it means both things, depends on context, and how you say it. Tense/conjugation adds even more fun. But hey, even in english, conjugation can mean two things, depending on how you conjoin things, so vive la double entendre!

    I spent a lot of teenage months and years combined over in France because of family ties, summer camp, and a year teaching English, and yeah that used to perplex me at first too, because the margin for error is pretty small on that one.

    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...english/baiser
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 10-09-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  17. #117
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,681
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Smith had an absolutely horrendous game against Toronto. Idk if that's the reason AV put him on the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Agreed -- and I think Smith knew it, judging by some footage of his expressions on the bench during the Toronto game.

    Toronto is also going to be a bitch of a team for anyone to deal with. I have nightmares of a Toronto dynasty looming.

    But ... to me Smith's the kind of defenseman that shines in the stretch run and the playoffs when things get a lot grittier and tougher, which kind of equalizes things, so I have few worries. Ain't saying he's the answer to all our D problems, far from it, but a reliable dman for the 4-6 slots, IMO, who won't become a shrinking violet when the going gets tough.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 10-09-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  18. #118
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,681
    Rep Power
    87
    Seeing Buchnevich come with a strong game, separate people form the puck and play quality top-6 hockey could be a huge difference-maker for this team.
    Build on that Pavel, that's a good place to start!
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

  19. #119
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,030
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    I missed some of the game action because I was fixated on Miller’s agitation the with MTL bench. At the end of one shift I fully expected him to pick up a ‘too many men’ penalty because he had the bench door open but was standing on the ice jawing while play continued. It was a loooong while before he finally stepped off the ice.

    Love this kid. Ever since his first shift as a Ranger I knew he had the tenacity and spunk to play a tough-minded game.

    Given that he’s a decent face off guy and hard nosed with some offensive skill, I hope we are just now beginning to see the potential he has to become prized asset. Still passes off a bit too often instead of shooting but that can be fixed.
    Agreed, Miller should be off the table, in any big trade. He is invaluable to this team, particularly given our physical makeup. Same reason the team has been patient with Kreider. Young power forwards who have skill and can skate should be core here. Biggest mystery was his disappearance in last year's playoffs, especially after his best season. Kreider too, a guy who again improved and looked to have a playoff pedigree, until last year.

    If Miller is our answer at C, that makes him incredibly versatile, as well. However, it does leave us with another hole at wing. Granted, a somewhat smaller hole for now.

    As a side note - only 3 games, but have to be plenty pleased with the ZBK line. Buch and Zib have looked tremendous. Kreids has been setting himself up nicely in front, playing hard, with no boneheaded plays. Buch's improvement in year 2, may exceed even optimistic expectations. Did anyone think he could be a legit first liner this year? If he can maintain this level we are in for a treat.

  20. #120
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,030
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Kampfer making the most of his shot tonight.
    +1 Bugg you are the only one to mention.

    I believe Kampfer can be a very reliable 3rd pair dman for us. He is solid defensively, can skate, can hit, can add to the O on occasion and has an accurate shot. Great attitude too.

    Josh, you dissed the guy, but isn't he what you sorta wanted this off season? Phil trashes him, but he'll come around eventually.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •