• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

J.T. Brown Raises First During Anthem

Phil

2064ea65cdbad07cacf1782b3226d136.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning winger J.T. Brown became the first NHL player to protest during the American national anthem before a road game against the Florida Panthers.

Brown raised his right fist and bowed his head while the Star-Spangled Banner was played.

?Some will tell you that?s disrespecting the military,? Brown told the newspaper. ?Well, I wanted to hear it from someone who is serving, not some person on Twitter. Some thought (kneeling) was disrespecting, but most felt that we have a right to do it regardless of whether they agree with you or not, or would stand next to you.?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lightning-winger-j-t-brown-raises-fist-american-anthem/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Grew up rich, everything handed to him, was a complete douche in Syracuse because he thought he was deserving of and owed everything. Some of the encounters with him downtown... he's a real piece of work, but that's already well documented.

Stereotypical ignorant protester

thinking he wouldn't release exactly that statement is ignorant.

Been texting a friend who is closer to the situation. He said his wife has made him clean up some of his shit attitude. Doesn't change the view I have of him based on personal experiences

They better get on changing those inequality laws before this gets out of hand. Maybe if the laws treated all races and creeds equally it would go a long way to quelling the recent discontent. I'm not sure how this could be accomplished, but it seems high time to do so. Just start with one of the several laws that give preferential treatment to Asians over African-Americans, for example. After viewing median household income of these two groups I can only conclude that there is some over-arching Asian supreemist policies afoot.

I've also looked at the "police brutality" data. I was entirely unaware, but did you know that certain minorities are disproportionately represented in crime statistics, even more so in violent crime statistics? I certainly didn't and it came as a great surprise. Surely, they must be truly racist to come to these conclusions as I'm equally sure that most of this data can be waved away by rock solid social science data. I'm not one for personal responsibility myself, I rely on nebulous idealistic concepts to pay my bills for example, but I couldn't help but notice that many of these people lack traditional family structures. Specifically, fathers seem to be absent from the picture. I'm unsure of what role that plays, perhaps very little, I'm sure they all have good reasons for not wanting to stick around. This is yet another great example of why peoples can't be left to their own personal choices and should expect, nay, welcome, state intervention at every turn. The State itself, as everyone knows, makes an excellent surrogate.

The aforementioned State has brought us this far with great success, and I'm sure with just a few more dollars in funding, or, a few choice laws or policies that curb one groups liberties for the sake of another, this whole thing will be sorted out in no time.

They better get on changing those inequality laws before this gets out of hand. Maybe if the laws treated all races and creeds equally it would go a long way to quelling the recent discontent. I'm not sure how this could be accomplished, but it seems high time to do so. Just start with one of the several laws that give preferential treatment to Asians over African-Americans, for example. After viewing median household income of these two groups I can only conclude that there is some over-arching Asian supreemist policies afoot.

I've also looked at the "police brutality" data. I was entirely unaware, but did you know that certain minorities are disproportionately represented in crime statistics, even more so in violent crime statistics? I certainly didn't and it came as a great surprise. Surely, they must be truly racist to come to these conclusions as I'm equally sure that most of this data can be waved away by rock solid social science data. I'm not one for personal responsibility myself, I rely on nebulous idealistic concepts to pay my bills for example, but I couldn't help but notice that many of these people lack traditional family structures. Specifically, fathers seem to be absent from the picture. I'm unsure of what role that plays, perhaps very little, I'm sure they all have good reasons for not wanting to stick around. This is yet another great example of why peoples can't be left to their own personal choices and should expect, nay, welcome, state intervention at every turn. The State itself, as everyone knows, makes an excellent surrogate.

The aforementioned State has brought us this far with great success, and I'm sure with just a few more dollars in funding, or, a few choice laws or policies that curb one groups liberties for the sake of another, this whole thing will be sorted out in no time.

:repped:

Grew up rich, everything handed to him, was a complete douche in Syracuse because he thought he was deserving of and owed everything. Some of the encounters with him downtown... he's a real piece of work, but that's already well documented.

Stereotypical ignorant protester

typical

TAMPA ? Lightning wing J.T. Brown said he knew there would be backlash after being the first NHL player to perform a silent protest during the national anthem.

But Brown, 27, said Sunday that the racist remarks and death threats he received on social media after his action prove why the issues being protested need to be talked about.

Brown thanked fans, friends, family and strangers for "overwhelming" support of his protest. He said he respects law enforcement, and he reiterated that the protest isn't about the military, saying he talked to active members before making a decision.

"I know it may not sit well with everyone," Brown said. "But to truly make change in this world, we must be able to be pushed outside of our comfort zone. We can't just stick to the status quo. I want young minorities to see that what they may be going through is not being ignored by the hockey community."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/lightnings-jt-brown-says-backlash-proves-protest-during-anthem-is-necessary/2340385

the guy is fucking clueless as to why people are upset. so typical.. This is why sports stars are killing their own publicity.., I mean, movement.

His ignorance is why we need to keep pushing this mother fucker out of his comfort zone, and to learn something other than the race card.

I'd argue our ignorance as mostly white males who never have to experience the types of racism people of color do are why we need protests like this to keep pushing us out of our comfort zones so we can learn something other than what we know.

I'd argue our ignorance as mostly white males who never have to experience the types of racism people of color do are why we need protests like this to keep pushing us out of our comfort zones so we can learn something other than what we know.

Racism, dude I lived ina primarily black city and didn't get jobs because of my color.

And you whined for years saying you were discriminated because you were atheist.

Try being fuxking short. Can't get jobs, raises, promotions, chicks, spots on sports teams, etc. it's not like we all don't face certain hurdles in life.

I bet I got cut from more hockey teams that I deserved to be on for my size and social status than he did because he was black.

Racism, dude I lived ina primarily black city and didn't get jobs because of my color.

And you whined for years saying you were discriminated because you were atheist.

Try being fuxking short. Can't get jobs, raises, promotions, chicks, spots on sports teams, etc. it's not like we all don't face certain hurdles in life.

I bet I got cut from more hockey teams that I deserved to be on for my size and social status than he did because he was black.

Being cut from a hockey team due to size isn't discrimination, it's competition and much different.

And lack of jobs, raises, etc due to being short ??

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

seriously? i almost need to hear the story behind this now.

Point being - we all face challenges in life.

We all have something about us that leads to discrimination.

He's had an easy life. Same with Kaep.

This shit is for publicity, not a civil movement.

Yes, maybe. But just because they have had easy lives does not mean they cannot sympathize with what their fellow community members are going through.

Also- excuse my ignorance because I could not possibly care any less about football but wasn't Kaep cut from his team and is currently unemployed? If so how has what he has done helped him?

Kaep terminated his own contract. He had a season left on his contract.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/1/14599712/colin-kaepernick-contract-opt-out-49ers-free-agent

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has opted out of his contract, the San Francisco 49ers announced Friday afternoon. The quarterback is now a free agent.

In 2016, Kaepernick restructured the deal the 49ers gave him when they were convinced he was the franchise quarterback. He gave up $14.5 million in injury guarantees for the ability to opt out of his deal at the end of the year.

Archived