Poll: Player of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#1) Rangers v. Colorado Avalanche // AV vs Avs

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    There's also nothing wrong with letting him watch and absorb some things. Don't be surprised if he's watching a game or 2 from above in the next 2 weeks.
    Agreed. I actually think he'll spend a lot of time in the press box as the season progresses.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Agreed. I actually think he'll spend a lot of time in the press box as the season progresses.
    He might only get 10 games, which is fine too. Just getting his feet wet and preparing him for what his future will be. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It actually shows him that they believe in him and he'll be back long term.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    The Rangers lost game one of an 82 game season

Some posters are acting like the sky has fallen and we need to go into panic mode and probably vastly overpay to obtain a former bit player chosen in the expansion draft by Las Vegas.

Maybe some need to take a breath, put away their fantasy hockey GM hats and see what happens in games 2 through 82 and the playoffs after the Rangers qualify again

LGR

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Rangers lost game one of an 82 game season

Some posters are acting like the sky has fallen and we need to go into panic mode and probably vastly overpay to obtain a former bit player chosen in the expansion draft by Las Vegas.

Maybe some need to take a breath, put away their fantasy hockey GM hats and see what happens in games 2 through 82 and the playoffs after the Rangers qualify again

LGR

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    If they lose tomorrow, the season is over.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Mite Division Cristana's Avatar
    Varlamov...

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Aside from first 10 mins and the Varlamov wall, I was happy enough with the amount of chances and possession we had. Encouraging... lots of things still to shake out over time. MSG might have over-analyzed the warts methinks for such an early season game. The McDonagh doom and gloom interview struck me as too heavy for this point in time. Perhaps if they were in a 7-game losing streak after the Holidays:Christmas break. No big deal but ... These players need to be able to have fun ... or it will be a long season.

QUOTE=Kevin;896903]Big PP here. I know it's only game one but you don't want to lose points at home to Colorado.
    Colorado is not Colorado anymore, they got their goalie back.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The new MSG post game interviews are weird as fuck. John Giannone walking by players in the locker room abruptly and awkwardly going up to players as they take their equipment off. Is this going to be the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Too much special teams...
    If anything wouldn't you want him on the PP? The first unit has Zib on the point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    same old - same old. did nick ra$h actually play?
    He was fantastic..

????

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    I concur completely about Chytil. I was going to say this on my post above... I doubt Gorton thought he'd play that little in Game 1 against the Avs, particularly getting surrounded by Nash and Zuc. If it continues, Gorton won't keep the kid around. This can't be what he expected from the coach in Game 1.

He may need to go out and bring Oscar back and let the kid develop like most kids who just stopped believing in Santa.
    With how much the MSG crew were sucking the Desharnias dick in post game, I'd imagine management is thinking like they are. He's going to be pushed up the lineup.

That's not to say I don't think he played well. Desharnias had a nice pre season and a good first game. I feel like the crew is already back peddling and covering for the eventual sending back of Chytil.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    He was fantastic..

????

Someone needs a new pair of glasses.

There were a lot of positives to take away from that game. Varlamov stood on his head. Rangers could have scored 4-5 goals with the amount of odd man rushes they had. Puck movement for the most part was very good.

Onto the next.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    lol, I read that like your avatar is saying it and it's perfect.

Truth hurts.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    He's listed at 211 on the Rangers' website.

He requested a trade after they said they were going to rebuild again in early 2012, and the GM is the one who released that publicly. He played 82 games, scored 30 goals, and not once did he complain or say anything negative about the team, city, or management. After Howson announced that Nash requested a trade, Nash had 16 points in 20 games. He did exactly what every superstar does when they no longer want to play for a garbage team and never packed it in. He did everything the right way, so saying that he "cried and moaned" is a ridiculous interpretation and completely wrong.

Strictly your opinion, not exactly a fact. Look up the history of the trade. No matter. Guy is still overpaid and under productive.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    That's kind of disingenuous, since Shipchayov and Tuch are both in the AHL right now.

Again, everyone likes Lindberg. But you present him as some sort of savior lol.
    Disingenuous??? Hardly. You mentioned he is going play wing. I responded that they want him to get top six minutes. If you want more accuracy, Oscar is actually on the top line with Marchessault and Reilly Smith. They want Eakin to center Neal on the second line to start. What in the world is disingenuous about any of this? And yes I realize Oscar does not win the top line job on other teams. But he is no fuckin plug either.

Mcphee also sent down Theodore with them, because he can. No waivers. Since he thinks he is going to get a return for those mostly shitty Dmen he wants to trade. Ship should have made the team, so should Theodore, but that truly has nothing to do with Lindberg.

He is not a savior, just a good option for us at 3C and wing, who is probably more affordable than comparable players available elsewhere. Plus there aren't really comparable players available.

I'm also saying this is a good option if Chytil does not stick. I'll ask anyone who is willing to answer, what is your idea for 3C that doesn't cost us a ton or forces Miller to C?

"Initially, I went in with Scott Howson and was trying to get a game plan on what was going on with Columbus and I was told there was going to be a rebuild," Nash said. "I've been here for nine years now and figured I could be the main piece of a rebuild for them in that case. If the circumstance was right, I'd waive my no-trade clause and help them rebuild and help my career carry on.
    http://https://www.nhl.com/news/nash...-deal/c-638429
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

That would be a complete fucking disaster.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    That would be a complete fucking disaster.
    If he isn't gonna play he's better off with his Czech team . It's not close.

Lindberg is playing wing for VGK, for what it's worth.
    Turns out Lindberg got the first line Center spot last night in their win. Matched up against Benn/Seguin line and was a +1. Not bad for a plug 4th liner.

In fairness, MAF and Neal are the reasons they won. Dallas dominated much of the game.

Turns out Lindberg got the first line Center spot last night in their win. Matched up against Benn/Seguin line and was a +1. Not bad for a plug 4th liner.

In fairness, MAF and Neal are the reasons they won. Dallas dominated much of the game.
    Not sure where you got that info from, but he was 9th out of 12 forwards in ice time, logging 12:55. The 4th line played between 6:30-9:22.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    LOL.. The absolute perfect, more reasonable thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Not sure where you got that info from, but he was 9th out of 12 forwards in ice time, logging 12:55. The 4th line played between 6:30-9:22.

Mikey,
    Let me tell you where I got my info. Lindberg centered Marchessault and Reilly Smith all game. Officially listed as the 1st line by Vegas. I listened to a good chunk of the game on XM, watched some on the Net. I listened to the Vegas beat reporter on SiriusXM hockey discuss Vegas for 10 minutes. I read and listened to multiple reports about the game including looking over stat/game sheet. I can confirm he player 1C all game.

Lindberg sure did log 12:55, but did you consider special teams when essentially questioning if I'm full of shit? Did you happen to look at the other lines even strength time?

At even strength, each member of Oscar's line had 12 minutes plus. James Neal played the second line and had 11:24 at even strength. His linemates over 12. Top six dominated TOI at even strength. The third line averaged almost exactly 8 minutes at ES. The fourth line at ES was 5:28, 5:47 and 6:28!!!

Do you still doubt me? We've been around this block before and I'm not new here. Am I really going to come to this small forum and make up stats and provide bogus info so adamantly, if I'm just winging it?

You coach youth, I coach youth. I am a father of a 19 and 10 y/o, run a company and answer to my employees and clients. Honesty, Integrity and Credibility are paramount to me in both real life and on the Net. Doesn't mean I don't make mistakes or that our opinions won't vary, but folks that interact with me know my word is gold and I don't BS em.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast