Poll: Player of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#1) Rangers v. Colorado Avalanche // AV vs Avs

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    I think the only thing I'm really disappointed in was the handling of Chytil. It's the kid's first NHL game and you decided to keep him on the roster. Let him suck. It's OK, but play him. Play him like you would play him if he didn't suck for a few games and let him absorb the experience. Then make the decision to send him down or have a serious talk about his role in the future.

I generally like AV as a coach but the way he has treated kids on our roster has been consistently poor and in some cases detrimental for his entire tenure here, and this is yet another example.

If you have the kid on the roster, I don't care if he costs you three goals a night. Get him out there, let him play, and then send him down and be clear about where he needs to improve. That's all.
    Exactly. What's the point of keeping him here if he's going to get 7 minutes?

I've never liked how AV handles young players. Ever. Whether it's Skjei not getting minutes last year over Staal and Holden, or Vesey on the 4th line, or Miller being bounced around for two seasons. You room him with nash. You put him on NAsh's line. And then you don't play him. I don't get it.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
    I think the only thing I'm really disappointed in was the handling of Chytil. It's the kid's first NHL game and you decided to keep him on the roster. Let him suck. It's OK, but play him. Play him like you would play him if he didn't suck for a few games and let him absorb the experience. Then make the decision to send him down or have a serious talk about his role in the future.

I generally like AV as a coach but the way he has treated kids on our roster has been consistently poor and in some cases detrimental for his entire tenure here, and this is yet another example.

If you have the kid on the roster, I don't care if he costs you three goals a night. Get him out there, let him play, and then send him down and be clear about where he needs to improve. That's all.
    I concur completely about Chytil. I was going to say this on my post above... I doubt Gorton thought he'd play that little in Game 1 against the Avs, particularly getting surrounded by Nash and Zuc. If it continues, Gorton won't keep the kid around. This can't be what he expected from the coach in Game 1.

He may need to go out and bring Oscar back and let the kid develop like most kids who just stopped believing in Santa.

Moderator Junior Division
    Chytil playing so little was largely a product of all the penalties. Through two periods, his EV TOI was almost exactly the same as Buch.

It's not surprising that he didn't play much in the third period of a 2-2 game. Neither did Carey - who played less than Chytil. Vesey didn't even play 12:00.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    I concur completely about Chytil. I was going to say this on my post above... I doubt Gorton thought he'd play that little in Game 1 against the Avs, particularly getting surrounded by Nash and Zuc. If it continues, Gorton won't keep the kid around. This can't be what he expected from the coach in Game 1.

He may need to go out and bring Oscar back and let the kid develop like most kids who just stopped believing in Santa.
    Bro we're not bringing Oscar back.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    I've never seen so much pining for 4th line plugs.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Ok I laughed.

Answer a question for me. If Chytil only sees 9 or less games, who is going to play C?

I hope it is not going to be Miller. I know the Rangers would prefer it not be Miller, which also opens up another hole at wing. Do you have 1 or more good options in mind? Cody Eakin would cost about the same and he is fine, but Oscar is the better player and better for us. Is it not logical to expect Vegas to be the team most likely to unload NHL caliber Centers?

Ok I laughed.

Answer a question for me. If Chytil only sees 9 or less games, who is going to play C?

I hope it is not going to be Miller. I know the Rangers would prefer it not be Miller, which also opens up another hole at wing. Do you have 1 or more good options in mind? Cody Eakin would cost about the same and he is fine, but Oscar is the better player and better for us. Is it not logical to expect Vegas to be the team most likely to unload NHL caliber Centers?
    Lindberg is playing wing for VGK, for what it's worth.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Chytil playing so little was largely a product of all the penalties. Through two periods, his EV TOI was almost exactly the same as Buch.

It's not surprising that he didn't play much in the third period of a 2-2 game. Neither did Carey - who played less than Chytil. Vesey didn't even play 12:00.
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to give an offensive-oriented player some PP time to get his feet wet? Not saying top unit, but the kid is a 1st rounder. At a loss what harm there would be giving him some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I've never seen so much pining for 4th line plugs.
    Because he is better than a 4th liner, better than Desharnais, fits great here, wins faceoffs, plays D, forechecks, can score, comes up big in the playoffs, just entering his 3rd season.

Cause we are weak down the middle, down 2 C's from last year and forcing a great child prospect to be here due to roster holes.

He is underrated, affordable on all levels, realistic and plays a good wing too. The better C's available (like Duchene) will cost key young pieces. We need the talent and depth if Chytil isn't sticking. Gorton needs to get ahead of the curve, before other teams beside the Pens start seeking a 3C. Not much supply.

Lindberg is playing wing for VGK, for what it's worth.
    Yep, to get him top 6 minutes. Lindberg is simply not a 4th liner and plays wing well. Ice time is more important than position, especially for Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to give an offensive-oriented player some PP time to get his feet wet? Not saying top unit, but the kid is a 1st rounder. At a loss what harm there would be giving him some.
    Well no, there's no harm but, realistically, you'd only sub him in for DD on the 2nd PP unit. Last night DD got a lot of play there, but you're probably only talking about another 30-40 seconds a game long term. I'm not sure that makes any difference.

It's 1 game and everyone is bashing AV about an 18yo?

Does anyone believe there's a communication process between gm, coach, and player?

Does anyone think or trust that they're on the same page, know what they're doing, amd have a plan?

Does anyone think that a raw 18yo with a lot to work on is going to get regular minutes in games that matter? You can't make the playoffs in October, but you can do a good job of struggling not to make them after October. 2 points is 2 points. See how much those points matter to the 7,8,9,10 teams coming down the stretch.

You guys are fuckin brutal. Jesus Christ.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Yep, to get him top 6 minutes. Lindberg is simply not a 4th liner and plays wing well. Ice time is more important than position, especially for Vegas.
    That's kind of disingenuous, since Shipchayov and Tuch are both in the AHL right now.

Again, everyone likes Lindberg. But you present him as some sort of savior lol.

Well no, there's no harm but, realistically, you'd only sub him in for DD on the 2nd PP unit. Last night DD got a lot of play there, but you're probably only talking about another 30-40 seconds a game long term. I'm not sure that makes any difference.
    There's also nothing wrong with letting him watch and absorb some things. Don't be surprised if he's watching a game or 2 from above in the next 2 weeks.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    There's also nothing wrong with letting him watch and absorb some things. Don't be surprised if he's watching a game or 2 from above in the next 2 weeks.
    Agreed. I actually think he'll spend a lot of time in the press box as the season progresses.

Agreed. I actually think he'll spend a lot of time in the press box as the season progresses.
    He might only get 10 games, which is fine too. Just getting his feet wet and preparing him for what his future will be. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It actually shows him that they believe in him and he'll be back long term.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    The Rangers lost game one of an 82 game season

Some posters are acting like the sky has fallen and we need to go into panic mode and probably vastly overpay to obtain a former bit player chosen in the expansion draft by Las Vegas.

Maybe some need to take a breath, put away their fantasy hockey GM hats and see what happens in games 2 through 82 and the playoffs after the Rangers qualify again

LGR

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The Rangers lost game one of an 82 game season

Some posters are acting like the sky has fallen and we need to go into panic mode and probably vastly overpay to obtain a former bit player chosen in the expansion draft by Las Vegas.

Maybe some need to take a breath, put away their fantasy hockey GM hats and see what happens in games 2 through 82 and the playoffs after the Rangers qualify again

LGR

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    If they lose tomorrow, the season is over.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Mite Division Cristana's Avatar
    Varlamov...

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Aside from first 10 mins and the Varlamov wall, I was happy enough with the amount of chances and possession we had. Encouraging... lots of things still to shake out over time. MSG might have over-analyzed the warts methinks for such an early season game. The McDonagh doom and gloom interview struck me as too heavy for this point in time. Perhaps if they were in a 7-game losing streak after the Holidays:Christmas break. No big deal but ... These players need to be able to have fun ... or it will be a long season.

QUOTE=Kevin;896903]Big PP here. I know it's only game one but you don't want to lose points at home to Colorado.
    Colorado is not Colorado anymore, they got their goalie back.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The new MSG post game interviews are weird as fuck. John Giannone walking by players in the locker room abruptly and awkwardly going up to players as they take their equipment off. Is this going to be the norm?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast