Poll: Player of the Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#1) Rangers v. Colorado Avalanche // AV vs Avs

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    You even watch? He was pretty noticeable out there all night long.
    I have a feeling this poster will be on rick Nash all season,

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Only 1 game, but Chytil will not see game 10. Staal still sucks, DeAngelo isn't it, Hank looks shaky & they need another center.
    Everyone keeps saying Staal sucked last night, but no one can say what he did wrong to say he sucked. I get not liking him and he gets paid too much, but he wasn't bad last night. He played a physical game and didn't make any mistakes. Outside of the mo eye issue, what was so bad about his play?

I also wouldn't say Hank looked shaky, the first and second goals he had no chance at, the third he should have had.

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Hank didn't let up horrible goals he just didn't look overly confident.
    Staal played ok for Staal, but that doesn't cut it for the cap space he costs.

All in all though they should've won the game.

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Too much special teams...
    I understand they want to bring Chytil along slow, but he should have had more ice time,be it PP or even strength.Expect he will be with his other club once Fast is ready.

Moderator Junior Division
    Mac is one of the best +/- players in the entire league and was a -3 last night AGAINST COLORADO. He's been a -3 or worse 5 times in his career before last night.

Am I the only one seriously concerned about that? I know the empty netter was one, but still, that's really startling.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Mac is one of the best +/- players in the entire league and was a -3 last night AGAINST COLORADO. He's been a -3 or worse 5 times in his career before last night.

Am I the only one seriously concerned about that? I know the empty netter was one, but still, that's really startling.
    Just a coincidence. Only goal you can blame on Shatty is the first.

Also have to look at how many +'s Varlamov rob him of...

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Just a coincidence. Only goal you can blame on Shatty is the first.

Also have to look at how many +'s Varlamov rob him of...
    I'm not really saying the goals are anyone's fault, it's just not a good look.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    lol, I read that like your avatar is saying it and it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    I watch pretty much every game. Noticeable yes. He's 6'-4" & 220lbs. Productive? Hardly. The guy has been touted as the be-all end-all and is far from that, in my most humble opinion. Never cared for him and never will. Cried and moaned his way out of Columbus; and he was the CAPTAIN! Never was able to produce for the NYR when it counted most. Like last nite, for instance.
    He's nowhere near 220.

"cried and moaned" is just an LOL bad take on how his tenure ended in Columbus. It's not even in the ballpark of being correct.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post

Yes

You're the only one

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    It's 1 game. Shit happens. We go through this every year here. We can chat after 10, have a talk after 20.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Tanner Glass' role was not to be productive on the score sheet but rather, to be productive in all the other areas. You know, like hustle all the time, play physical, go to the net, stick up for his team mates, etc, etc, etc, etc. Yup. All that from a player deemed by many NYR fans as not qualified to by an NHLer.
    He wasn't and isn't.

Goons aren't as needed as they once were. Better to have hockey players on the ice

You're right. he's listed at 219 lbs. My bad.

People conveniently have amnesia. He was unhappy in Columbus and pretty much begged to get traded.
    He's listed at 211 on the Rangers' website.

He requested a trade after they said they were going to rebuild again in early 2012, and the GM is the one who released that publicly. He played 82 games, scored 30 goals, and not once did he complain or say anything negative about the team, city, or management. After Howson announced that Nash requested a trade, Nash had 16 points in 20 games. He did exactly what every superstar does when they no longer want to play for a garbage team and never packed it in. He did everything the right way, so saying that he "cried and moaned" is a ridiculous interpretation and completely wrong.
    Last edited by Future; 10-06-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    If the Rangers were tearing it down like Columbus did, Hank would be the first one knocking on Gorton's door. It's a business, players understand that, they also want to contend.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    I'm really excited to see what Skjei does this season. He brought a nice game. I'd rather he play over McDonagh on the powerplay but I don't think we'll see that happen. It was nice to see him bring some physicality but in a smart way.

Deleted Midget Division
    1st games of a season are extended pre-season games hopped up on adrenaline.

If you have all your eggs in that basket, you must have trouble carrying your groceries home.

Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    1st games of a season are extended pre-season games hopped up on adrenaline.

If you have all your eggs in that basket, you must have trouble carrying your groceries home.
    Amen

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I'm really excited to see what Skjei does this season. He brought a nice game. I'd rather he play over McDonagh on the powerplay but I don't think we'll see that happen. It was nice to see him bring some physicality but in a smart way.
    Spot on. Skjei is becoming a dominant player, all around. AV needs to get him on the PP, which looked pretty good w/o him. He jumped deep into the zone at least 4 times and created havoc for the AVs each time.

Contrast that with Staal (for my friend who asked what he did wrong) who early in the game gambled twice deep. Both were poor decisions, before we even saw the results. One turned into a breakout that Staal was last to get back on and the other resulted in a 2 on 1 against DeAngelo that almost cost a goal. Staal also struggled to move the puck to another Ranger in the D zone. One cleared the zone but was put right on an AV stick and was brought right back in, the other resulted in more pressure. Staal looked slow and say what you will about DeAngelo, but Staal is not going to help this kid if he plays like he did yesterday.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They looked pretty good, I thought.

Chytil didn't play, which everyone should have saw coming from a mile away, what a dumb idea this is going to be. Shattenkirk was great and he'll obviously change the PP, but allotting cap space there only opened up a laughable hole down the middle which they tried to fill with a kid who had 8 points in a semi-pro league last year. Makes sense.

Varlamov was fantastic and Hank looks like he's 45. We'll see where this goes this year, but with effectively no back up goalie I think it could get ugly.

Tough sched ahead so if they're 5-5 after 10 games I think that's OK.
    Let's get this out of the way you self-loathing Pocahontas in drag, parading as a Chief. You were right, I was wrong. OK?

My gullible ass didn't see Chytil getting limited playing time in Game 1 against the AVs, but I should never assume AV will follow through with a logical plan. What happened to the idea that AV doesn't number his lines, he played it straight by the book (like a road game) until all the penalties broke the flow. Did AV matchup Chytil against Yost and that awful third line? Nope, not until one shift in the second half of the game, which was that line's best. Instead he was overmatched against Landeskog and Duchene during the first period. Technically, Duchene was Chytil's man on the first goal. Even if Shatty also struggled on that play, he was dealing with 2 AVs right in front.

The second goal for the AVs was a PP, after Chytil's BS trip. Unfortunately, it cost a second goal and maybe AV started getting cold feet. The PK on that goal was solid. Smith went for the block and was back up in an instant, forcing McK to hold up and eventually make a sweet pass. Vesey pressured and Skjei had good position on the goal scorer, who just made a pro play. Hard to blame Hank on that one either. Overall the PK was top-notch.

At least Vesey got more ice toward the end, he looked awesome. AV is negligent putting him on the fourth line. He graduates to schmuck if he keeps him there. Let's hope he sees what seems pretty obvious. After Zib you could easily say he was the most outstanding forward. Made the 4th line go and made Desharnais look better than he was. He needs better linemates. He can be trusted to play big minutes, mistake free, and will wins us games.

Let's talk about Hank after 10 or so games.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think the only thing I'm really disappointed in was the handling of Chytil. It's the kid's first NHL game and you decided to keep him on the roster. Let him suck. It's OK, but play him. Play him like you would play him if he didn't suck for a few games and let him absorb the experience. Then make the decision to send him down or have a serious talk about his role in the future.

I generally like AV as a coach but the way he has treated kids on our roster has been consistently poor and in some cases detrimental for his entire tenure here, and this is yet another example.

If you have the kid on the roster, I don't care if he costs you three goals a night. Get him out there, let him play, and then send him down and be clear about where he needs to improve. That's all.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast