• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

F1, Formula-e, LeMans, Indy Series

4EverRangerFrank

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hungarian GP - VER got nipped by HAM at the end with a role-of-the-dice tire change that saw Mercedes win again. I feel bad for VER but he seemed to take it all in stride. Ferrari? They need 2 weeks off just to wake up from the fog created from finishing 60-seconds off the pace. With Red Bull in the hunt for real and McLaren on the rise too, the second half should be fun. Monza next.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I'm going to be in Italy for a couple weeks vacation later this month and going back to Maranello for a week. Planning to book a small track day at the Autodromo di Modena while I'm there. During a previous visit I'd driven a 458 Speciale and a Gallardo Superleggera on the track which was an absolute blast. But figured it was time to take it up a notch this time with some actual race track use only cars...

Going to book the 458 Challenge and the Hurac?n Super Trofeo for 5 laps each. Will let you guys know how it goes and post some photos and the onboard videos...hopefully I don't bin them in the gravel!

http://www.autodromodimodena.it/inside.php?page=24

http://www.autodromodimodena.it/images/1552917437.jpg

http://www.autodromodimodena.it/ck_images/1478103963_esperienza_rossa_excellence_modena_ferrari.jpg

http://www.autodromodimodena.it/ck_images/1530797816_esperienza_huracan.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to share an update on the track day at Autodromo Modena earlier this month.

So I tried the Ferrari 458 Challenge and the Lamborghini Hurac?n Super Trofeo for 5 laps each. Turns out the track was available on my birthday so wasn't a bad way to spend the day at all. Tried the Ferrari first and of course it instantly felt pretty epic instantly getting behind the wheel. As expected, it handled and sounded great. Although to me it felt a bit like an upgraded version of the 458 Speciale and almost lacked that true race car feel I was hoping to experience. I wasn't disappointed by any means as it was a complete blast but just came up a bit short...

...well that instantly changed once I got into the Lamborghini. I can't even begin to describe the sensory overload once you climb behind the wheel. From the racing wheel, the Motec display, the racing seats and harness, the various toggle switches in the control stack etc. The clutch took a bit of getting used to when getting going from a standing start. As soon as you fire up the engine, it was a whole other experience. Just the instant power delivery, the raw sound, cornering grip and the insane brakes...it was a surreal experience.

In fact, I was so taken in by the sensations that I was way too tentative with the car (probably at 60-70%) that I decided I had to go back a couple days later for a 7 lap run. This time around after knowing what to expect from the car, I tried focusing more on enjoying it's performance capabilities as much as possible. Accelerating earlier out of the corners, using more of the track/kerbs, carrying a little more speed through the corners and braking even later. I was literally vibrating after getting out of the car. Just an unbelievable experience and one that'll stay with me for a long time.

Anyway that's enough rambling on, so here are some onboard and track side videos of both runs, enjoy.