• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

F1, Formula-e, LeMans, Indy Series

4EverRangerFrank

Do NOT wait to get out on a track! Any track is a blast in a real race car. I did the NASCAR experience at Irwindale and Cal Speedway. Irwindale is a short track practically one long left turn but you still have to find the line. Cal Speedway is 2 miles so you get going pretty good. They start you off with the rev limit pretty tight. I keep hitting it halfway down the straight. Once you show them you can drive they open it up. Coach says we were going as fast as the pros in the corners but topped out at 160 in the straight. I only hit the rev limiter once or twice before bailing to hit the brakes in that mode. Screaming out loud like the happy idiot I was!

Alan Bergs formulat school was great, too. I think they were retired F3 lola’s IIRC. 4 or 5 cars follow Alan in a 911. Luckily I was first behind him cuz the other guys would NOT drive. Slow ass shits. I was right up Alan’s butt the whole session. Later he said, “you have some talent. You should come back and really see what we can do with you” That was a huge compliment for sure. Alan raced with Senna and the others in his day. He said senna was in fact from another planet talent wise. And he was there as a young Schumacher started making his name.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Ugh! It's difficult being a Ferrari fan right now. VET doesn't seem to be able to dial the car in and LEC is once again, a victim! I would have pitted him BEFORE BOT was able to get a tow and pass him and certainly before HAM did too. Geez!! Team Ferrari are inexplicably making poor decisions. VER cannot be too happy either -- he got rid of his team competitor RIC but he too cannot seem to find pace. Oh-well, on to Barcelona.

Ugh! It's difficult being a Ferrari fan right now. VET doesn't seem to be able to dial the car in and LEC is once again, a victim! I would have pitted him BEFORE BOT was able to get a tow and pass him and certainly before HAM did too. Geez!! Team Ferrari are inexplicably making poor decisions. VER cannot be too happy either -- he got rid of his team competitor RIC but he too cannot seem to find pace. Oh-well, on to Barcelona.
Good news is Verstappen/RBR performs historically well at Barcelona so this is a good chance for them to come into form.

As for Ferrari, looks like a continuation of the last couple of years for them. Bone-headed mistakes by the team and drivers costing them points in the championship.

• 3 weeks later...
Monaco not looking good for Scudaria. First it was ‘tire window’ now it’s the ‘aero package.’ STOP! #Figureitout

NO SHIT, eh???

I didn't realize that Lauda was such an integral part of Benz / Hamilton success.

Got a text from a riding buddy last night, "Chief, what's your T shirt size. I'm at Indy...…" fekker

Indy 500 was a fun race this year and went right down to the wire. I liked the passing and re-passing to 'git 'er done!' F1 would be a lot more fun with more passing. Monaco didn't end up the complete disaster I thought it was going to be for my boys. LEC has to be awfully pissed at this point. Gave up a win and now the team effs-up big time. Geez!

I was sharing with my son that maybe, just maybe we can scoot up to Montreal at the last minute to catch the race and he said, "Let's wait unit Ferrari is a bit more competitive." I don't necessarily agree with that, but I appreciate not having to rearrange my work schedule to try and make it work this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

British GP was by far the most entertaining race I've seen if F1 not only this year, but for many years past. Holy smoke! Great seeing Mercedes allow HAM and BOT to battle early...then the Safety Car ruined BOT's race. VER v. VET was a great battle too until that rear-end incident. Didn't VER brake-test VET going into that corner just a bit? I thought so but the track stewards and everyone else seems to this in was all on VET -- IDK about that but yeah, it didn't look good. Felt good and bad for LEC once again. Kid was holding off VER very well and the two of them should have shared 'driver of the day' acknowledgement for their battle but one again team Ferrari chooses VET over LEC for tire changes. You have to think LEC is shaking his head all of the way home.

German GP next.

British GP was by far the most entertaining race I've seen if F1 not only this year, but for many years past. Holy smoke! Great seeing Mercedes allow HAM and BOT to battle early...then the Safety Car ruined BOT's race. VER v. VET was a great battle too until that rear-end incident. Didn't VER brake-test VET going into that corner just a bit? I thought so but the track stewards and everyone else seems to this in was all on VET -- IDK about that but yeah, it didn't look good. Felt good and bad for LEC once again. Kid was holding off VER very well and the two of them should have shared 'driver of the day' acknowledgement for their battle but one again team Ferrari chooses VET over LEC for tire changes. You have to think LEC is shaking his head all of the way home.

German GP next.

Does it matter? Vettel looks like a shell of his former self. His quali pace this weekend was baffling. Since Canada, he's just seemed off.

I felt worse for Verstappen. He got a podium robbed from him and we got robbed from seeing another good battle for 3rd.

Plenty of Internet chatter about how VET might retire at the end of the season. Is he that far gone? I thought I saw 'fight' in him when he was battling VER and showed pace. That move though? Not a good look and not a good result either. Agree that the ensuing battle with LEC would have been fun to see.

Does VET leave Ferrari at the end of this season? Does RIC come to Ferrari next? He appears to be out of the spotlight at Renault - and is it just the equipment difference to the top teams? RIC at Ferrari would be fun to watch -- plus I think he'd be a good competitor for LEC to learn from and compete against.

The C8 mid engine Corvette is being unveiled (revealed) in Orange County, CA tomorrow night :m: Less than two miles from my house....and it's an closed door, invite only event (inside the Tustin Blimp hangar) :(:mad:

C'mon Chief, you must have a badge lying around somewhere -- GET IN THERE!!

^^ About the C8 release -- some 'Vette purists think this is a poor next step. Not me, I like the evolution of the car since it's debut in April 1953. A couple of people have suggested, and rightly so I think, that GM could have played both models for a bit. Keep on producing the current version and bring out the C8 as a premium car. Run both assembly lines until the marketplace tells you otherwise. Yeah, the C8 is the eventual winner and future of the brand. BTW - have you seen the Corvette SUV drawings? While I'm not into it myself (just bought a F-Pace) I can see how there would be a market for it.

C'mon Chief, you must have a badge lying around somewhere -- GET IN THERE!!

Heard someone paid $15k for tix on ebay :eek:

I watched it live stream. Glad I didn't go. The intro SUCKED!!! Whoever wrote that script should be shot. Car is pretty, though. Under $60k for base coupe, 495hp, 0-60 under 3. DCT only, no stick though