• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Robin Kovacs Placed on Unconditional Waivers for Purposes of Contract Termination

Phil

Kovacs, who was selected with the 62nd overall pick 9n the 2015 Draft, had already had a rough pre-season, as he was among the first group of cuts from the Rangers? training camp, not even lacing his skates up for a single pre-season game. Now, an answer has emerged that explains the organizations peculiar handling of Kovacs throughout the pre-season:

:tweet: @stevezipay: Am told forward Robin Kovacs, at Hartford camp, is being placed on unconditional waivers and returning to Sweden

After struggling through a sub-par debut season in North America last year (2 Goals, 10 Assists in 72 games for the Wolfpack) and a tumultuous summer in his native Sweden, the Rangers have decided that completely cutting ties with Kovacs? is in the franchise?s best interest.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017/10/1/16392586/robin-kovacs-placed-on-unconditional-waivers-for-purposes-of-contract-termination

HFBoards seems to think that Kovacs was involved in a street racing crash that resulted in a fatality. Obviously this isn't confirmed, but this could be part of the "tumultuous summer".

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/kovacs-under-investigation-for-reckless-driving.2363265/?t=2363265

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/a/OVy3A/svenskt-hockeyproffs-inblandad-i-dodsolyckan

Translated from Swedish:

The clock was a few minutes after eight on Wednesday evening when the alarm reached 112.

A serious accident had occurred on road 73 between Nyn?shamn and Stockholm, in the height of Berga.

The police state that two cars were driving at a speed of over 200 kilometers per hour . A woman had just begun a run-over, and left the left-hand side when the two racing cars came from behind.

"I do not think she saw that it went so fast. The first car can just pass her while the other driver enters her, told Ulf Janzen, station officer after the accident.

One car waited off the road, and out on Fors golf course. The driver, a man of 20, died of his injuries, and a passenger in the car suffered serious damage.

The female driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

"As I understood it, he ran into the terrain and drove on a rather powerful well, and then out for a slown down to the golf course," said Ola Isaksson, police investigator.

One witness to the accident told me that the driver apparently lost control of the car and that there were several hundred meters of road signs on the road.

According to Ola Isaksson, there are two powerful cars, Audi and a Mercedes that were involved.

The driver of the second racing car, a Swedish hockey player who has a professional contract with a team abroad - and furthermore is a childhood friend of the man who died - is now suspected of negligence in traffic but is not yet given suspicion.

They didn't drop him. He was placed on unconditional waivers for the purposes of contact termination. That's a mutually agreed upon thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Is it mutual though? If he came to camp I'd think he was trying to make the team or at least land a guaranteed Hartford gig. Sounds more like they terminated his contract due to conduct off the ice.

"Completely cutting ties with Kovacs is in the teams best interest". Doesn't sound mutual. Sounds like good riddance.

Archived